UAE Stocks Up On Arms

Topic locked
UAE Stocks Up On Arms May 04, 2009
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been purchasing advanced weaponry from leading suppliers of military hardware at an alarming rate, fuelling what some believe could be a new conventional arms race in the Middle East.

By 2008 UAE had become the third-largest importer of arms, behind China and India.
The whole of UAE wouldn't be as big as some cities in India and China. Thats a lot of arms per capita population. Don't you all wish you were locals?

Something Real Funny :lol:

Mutar Jumaa, an Emirati who published several studies on the demography of Gulf Arab countries while working at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), believes the UAE suffers from a serious demographic crisis.

"I can say the UAE and the Gulf are in [an] unpleasant situation, and I totally agree with the need for effective security forces backed by [a] powerful army.

"The fact that our citizens are way outnumbered by foreign working bachelors is something disturbing. We had some unrest last year, disgruntled migrant workers attacked people and used violence to get what they wanted. Some South Asian countries even started to ask us to grant citizenship to their workers in our country."

Imagine a cop landing in an F-16 to give you a parking ticket :lol: :lol:

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 99537.html

http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2009 ... 39530.html

http://uaecommunity.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -arms.html

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 04, 2009
I don't see why they need it.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
Snow wrote:I don't see why they need it.

Hmm! yeah that's true!...
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2009
Cant you guys figured it out? Simple! Simple! Simple!
Think of it like this, they have the biggest building in the world, they have great big malls and aquariums, they have the palms and etc. so what do you think im thinking? any answer or wild guest?
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2009
I wonder what the breakdown is of nationalities is in the UAE army. I suspect like everything else they will pay other people to do it for them.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: UAE Stocks Up On Arms May 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Mutar Jumaa, an Emirati who published several studies on the demography of Gulf Arab countries while working at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), believes the UAE suffers from a serious demographic crisis.

"I can say the UAE and the Gulf are in [an] unpleasant situation, and I totally agree with the need for effective security forces backed by [a] powerful army.

"The fact that our citizens are way outnumbered by foreign working bachelors is something disturbing. We had some unrest last year, disgruntled migrant workers attacked people and used violence to get what they wanted. Some South Asian countries even started to ask us to grant citizenship to their workers in our country."

I dont get the thought train of some people.

Some Asian countries asked for granting citizenship to their workers..................so the logical response is to buy expensive military gadgetry, in case they ask for citizenship again ?!!?!
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

May 05, 2009
smoggie wrote:I wonder what the breakdown is of nationalities is in the UAE army. I suspect like everything else they will pay other people to do it for them.

Some kind of statement, you suspect or you know?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: UAE Stocks Up On Arms May 05, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:I dont get the thought train of some people.

Some Asian countries asked for granting citizenship to their workers..................so the logical response is to buy expensive military gadgetry, in case they ask for citizenship again ?!!?!

Precisely.....
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 05, 2009
smoggie wrote:I wonder what the breakdown is of nationalities is in the UAE army. I suspect like everything else they will pay other people to do it for them.

With the army I doubt they'll take any chances. But with so much equipment I guess they're gonna have to adapt the Syrian, Israeli policy of compulsory
Army enlistment for all youth turning 18!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:

With the army I doubt they'll take any chances. But with so much equipment I guess they're gonna have to adapt the Syrian, Israeli policy of compulsory
Army enlistment for all youth turning 18!

I doubt that they would consider this here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 09, 2009
they bought all the latest military gadgets to get rid of complaining expats in dubai :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2009
^^^
But will they know how to use it?

Well, i've heard some rumors back then regarding a group of pakistanis who were training in the desert, found out by the authorities and got massacred...

Just a rumor though, nothing conclusive
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 09, 2009
DDS wrote:^^^

Well, i've heard some rumors back then regarding a group of pakistanis who were training in the desert, found out by the authorities and got massacred...

lol training in the labour camp you mean :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
DDS wrote:^^^

lol training in the labour camp you mean :D

uhmm...idk if firearms were allowed in labour camps in the middle of the desert several hours away from any settlement.
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat