Truly Offensive Avatars.

Topic locked
Truly offensive Avatars. Nov 09, 2006
Since offensive avatars seem to be the topic of the day here are the avatars that I truly find offensive.

Kanelli: I am offended that I never saw the movie as I was not a privileged person so it offends me.

Jamal: The violence portrayed is truly offensive.

Sage & Onion: This avatar mocks the traditional dress of a certain religion and the perpetrator of atrocities.

Fayz: Offensive to people with bad hair and huge lips.

Chocoholic: Poor kitten looks in pain from holding that crown -offensive and cruel.

Arniegang: Those little guys been dancing for 5000+ posts and no break for the DJ - offensive.

Ian: as I state before we can all be “Stars” or able to “Converse” very offensive to the rest of us.

Jeevan: More offensive encouragement of violence.

St. Lucifer: Offensive nazi symbol – I don’t care where it originated.

Sara_Uk: encouraging “banging head against wall” offensive to mentally ill and “stupid” people.

Zam: offensive to color blind people [they might believe they are missing out on more than 2 colors].

Asc-26: Offensive to humans – no one is purple.

Freza: Offensive (I’ll think of something about the avatar).

Bleakus: that thing looks like a nooze thus offensive to those against the death penalty.

Bpm175. Offensive hair on the dude with the blue shirt.

Maaad: Offensive to those with “elongaded head” decease.

Smartd: Offended that he doesn’t have the balls to put up an avatar.

Andyaba: Offensive use of an endangered species.

Prettty Penny: Offended that I can’t figure out what the hell it is.

Easterjewel: I’m sure those are diamond rings. Do you know what those poor miners in Africa are put through so you can wear those things? Truly offensive.

Constantine: How offensive can you get. You don’t even have a license and are flaunting those wheels.

Yorky: Nice dog.

The rest of you too offensive to mention or offended me so much I can’t think straight.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
Jesus Christ!!! You are hilarious! How long did it take you to come up with that?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 09, 2006
:D :D :D

Love your sense of humor!!! Guess my Sunflower really made your head spin!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 09, 2006
LMAOROTF :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
YES I MADE IT IN THE LIST .....hehe ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
But I dress like that all the time, and it's me in the photo :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
dawg

shouldn't this post go in the "inane" forum? you do tend to be post-happy (and not in a good way). what are you going to post about next? how many times your dog poops in a day?
freza
Dubai chat master

Nov 09, 2006
freza wrote:dawg

shouldn't this post go in the "inane" forum? you do tend to be post-happy (and not in a good way). what are you going to post about next? how many times your dog poops in a day?

twice normally :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
This is plain bad... I didnt mean any offense.. by putting swastika.. common thats bad.. I agree with everyone elses except yorky's and yours what have u kept in your avatar? I dont even understand what is it..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
freza wrote:dawg

twice normally :wink:

You beat me to it. Thanks.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
I am offended by this thread.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:This is plain bad... I didnt mean any offense.. by putting swastika.. common thats bad.. I agree with everyone elses except yorky's and yours what have u kept in your avatar? I dont even understand what is it..

is it a swastika or is a religion symbol? i say a flashing light at the day of dewali at alain center, can anyone explain what it is?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I am offended by this thread.

I am offended by your offence to this thread.

Just who the hell do you think you are coming in here?

We don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly to strangers around here.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 09, 2006
While it is humorous to read, it also serves to belittle our attempts to speak up about using s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y inappropriate avatars. If female DF'ers don't want to see s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y exploitive pics of women on the public forum we frequent - the men should be respectful and change their avatars. End of story. There shouldn't have even been so much need for discussion about it.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:While it is humorous to read, it also serves to belittle our attempts to speak up about using s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y inappropriate avatars. If female DF'ers don't want to see s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y exploitive pics of women on the public forum we frequent - the men should be respectful and change their avatars. End of story. There shouldn't have even been so much need for discussion about it.

K. Chill please. Yorky was the subject of the discussion. Did you see his new avatar. Quoting you; "End of story".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
Sorry, I interpreted the joke as saying that there is something offensive about everyone's avatar if one wants to nit-pick.

:shock: A new avatar by Yorky! He sure goes to a lot of trouble with photoshop just to flatter moi!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:Sorry, I interpreted the joke as saying that there is something offensive about everyone's avatar if one wants to nit-pick.

:shock: A new avatar by Yorky! He sure goes to a lot of trouble with photoshop just to flatter moi!

No need to be sorry as that was exactly the point. However, the other point was to note that yorky changed his avatar. This forum cannot be sanatized so everyone is happy all of the time. True there are limits but...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
but... the limits don't apply when men like to drool over s.e.x.i.s.t avatars of naked women.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:but... the limits don't apply when men like to drool over s.e.x.i.s.t avatars of naked women.

wait....how do you know i drool over naked women????!!! ;) hehe
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:but... the limits don't apply when men like to drool over s.e.x.i.s.t avatars of naked women.

Never saw an avatar of a naked woman on this forum. S.exist avatars - that would be more subjective, I believe. It is not a monastery or convent (or the equivalent in whatever religion) and there is a "bell curve distribution" everywhere.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
Phew! Well at least old Obi Wan didn't make it into the 'Offensive Top 10'...maybe I should put up the one where he is flicking a V sign?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Truly offensive Avatars. Nov 09, 2006
Concord wrote:
Asc-26: Offensive to humans – no one is purple.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My face turned red at first then purple after reading threatening pms in my msn messenger conc's. :twisted:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 09, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Phew! Well at least old Obi Wan didn't make it into the 'Offensive Top 10'...maybe I should put up the one where he is flicking a V sign?

Knight

Capital punishment [public execution] to be imposed for that. None of this offensive, ban him, stuff for that.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
I notice my avatar isn't in the Top 20 (or whatever it was). Phew!

Good to see your old avatar back btw!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 09, 2006
the_zooter wrote:I notice my avatar isn't in the Top 20 (or whatever it was). Phew!

Yeah,

What did you do right??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
Don't think anyone could be offended by Zoots little bunny...and its nice to see 'Ol Charlie Brown back again. Seems to be a return to the old days here, even Kanelli has shrunk and turned green.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 09, 2006
I find yours offensive because Charlie Brown only had one friend of colour and the friend always walked behind him.

…. This thread was hilarious.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 09, 2006
fayz wrote:I find yours offensive because Charlie Brown only had one friend of colour and the friend always walked behind him.

…. This thread was hilarious.

Don't worry Fayz, he is not bad...he's just drawn that way!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 09, 2006
It's nice to see everything returning to normal!!!

Let's not return to the time when everyone changed to having bears as Avatars!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 09, 2006
the_zooter wrote:I notice my avatar isn't in the Top 20 (or whatever it was). Phew!

I am offended that you would think I would know who you are. Give me a break. Who are you?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat