Trains And Dubai

Topic locked
Trains and Dubai Jan 31, 2013
People were 2-3 hours late for work in the corner of planet earth where I live.
They were angry and upset.
There were long delays, and hassles, and all because of........a suitcase on the railway tracks! An unattended lone suitcase, lying on the rails. Taunting everyone.

The police were called, and of course, things have to be done properly in this day and age when such things happen.
In the good old days, you would have just picked the suitcase and set it aside. Now? The area was cordoned off; traffic was diverted; trains were stopped altogether and re-scheduled. The words "suspicious object" was on everyone's lips, as the suitcase mocked them in the lightly falling rain. It was photographed from all angles, powerful zoom lenses were used, the latest infra-red sensors went to work trying to fathom out the fingerprint of what could possibly be inside.

Then the sniffer dogs came.
It was discovered that it was a lady's suitcase, with ladies' things inside. Nothing more than that :D

Dubai is so lucky not to have trains, methinks :P

FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Trains And Dubai Jan 31, 2013
You "thinks" wrong. If you've been to Dubai or actually lived in Dubai you would "thinks" differently because you would actually KNOW something. And it runs on tracks.

dubai metro.jpg
dubai metro.jpg (10.16 KiB) Viewed 1577 times

The action taken would have been the same in any developed country. Have you heard about terrorism??
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

^^Oh so you're back! Nice trip??
It seems to have eroded your limited number of brain cells some more. You didn't exactly sound very evolved to begin with.
Anyway, sarcasm so doesn't become you :P

PS: Try laughing a bit sometimes, you'll find it'll cure your constipation too. Live healthy! :P
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

That makes two of us FF. I've never been to Dubai either. :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

FF2 wrote:Try laughing a bit sometimes, you'll find it'll cure your constipation too. Live healthy

I did laugh - at your ignorance and lack of knowledge about a country that you seem to think you know about, and your response is just as irrelevant. You seem to confuse facts with sarcasm.

Trip? Nah, vacation and it was great. I get to choose when I take a vacation and for how long. It's great when you are the boss. Here it Thursday again, and I'll be off for another long weekend.
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:Here it Thursday again, and I'll be off for another long weekend.

Enjoy! :-)
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman wrote:Enjoy!
Thank you Dutchman. Hope you have a good one as well.
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:Trip? Nah, vacation and it was great. I get to choose when I take a vacation and for how long. It's great when you are the boss. Here it Thursday again, and I'll be off for another long weekend.

I'm also the boss and I hardly ever show up. My life is one big party from Friday to Thursday. I don't do weekends, they are just too short.
:drunken:
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:That makes two of us FF. I've never been to Dubai either.

You own half of Dubai BM! :D

ChevyVet wrote:It's great when you are the boss.

I wondered when that was coming. Keep dreaming; or did they finally get someone to head the street-cleaners of Satwa? :P

Btw, I am the boss too, and my vacations last at least a whole calender year :lol:
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

FF2 wrote:You own half of Dubai BM!

Well I didn't like to brag FF. 8)
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat