Traffic!!!

Topic locked
Traffic!!! Jul 04, 2007
Mayhem on Makhtoum bridge! Time 7.30 am 4th of july

One accident and it showed how it can throw traffic situation on both sides of creek out of gear.

The accident happened on the way towards deira right on the bridge, apparaently a pickup had turned turtle. Now one can understand the traffic on that side of the bridge coming to a standstill, but as inquisitive as we can get people going towards bur dubai started slowing down to see whats happened. Result? traffic jam on deira side, all the arterial roads blocked. Add to it idiots who love to break the traffic rules in such a situation and cut in at top of the junction.

Goes to show what to expect in the future till the metro construction is through and we have more bridges over the creek( according to a friend garhoud bridge was empty at that time, thanks to salik).

And yea to the stupid moron in Al Reyami branded car who was driving like he owned the damn road and nearly threw me in the guardrails, you suck donkeys balls!!!

End of rant!!

J

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2007
Man that sucks and I also cannot stand the last minute lane changers.

To be honest I don't think the metro will have any much of an impact. I say this as people love their cars. They want their own personal space and want to be able to leave their home and get straight into the car and listen to the radio. There is also the weather of course, the winter months will be ok and nice walk for some, but six months of the year everyone will jump right back into the car.

The only way of getting people on the metro will be to increase petrol prices way of above the price it costs to commute on the metro.

The main people who will use and benefit from the metro (and good for them) will be those doing menial jobs as its got to better then a packed out Bus.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jul 04, 2007
traffic in dubai different than in karachi.

in karachi = dunkeys run on roads.

in dubai = dunkeys run the roads.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 04, 2007
You have a developed a new crossbreed? Oh, well done :o
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat