JT In AD

Topic locked
JT in AD Dec 09, 2007
Justin concert. In The Capital. Big coup there, me thinks.

Was pretty apprehensive before the gig. I've been to a couple here in Ad and the organisation has been p155-poor. However, after a quick chat to one of the traffic minders, who told me it was an outside company who were doing all the marshalling, I was more relieved. Gotta say, everything was spot on ! Food, drinks, security, safety, seating [even the ol' Mosh Pit was well supervised].

Oh. And JT was fabbo ! :lol:

Anyone else enjoy ?

PS. Glad I didn't have the hourish slog back up the road to Dubai :? :?

g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 09, 2007
Err... Mosh pit? At Timberlake?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 09, 2007
I agree, it was one of the best organized concerts i have been to in the UAE, they did a great job. But after all the whole point of the concert was to market abu dhabi as a tourism destination and to give people a better impression about the capital , so if they had messed it up it would have defeated the purpose.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2007
I guess AD outshone magical Dubai's Shakira concert?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 10, 2007
GT -
Certainly in terms of organisation. I mean to say, Wot muppet organisers would arrnage teams of coaches to send the audience from the car parks to the venue and then fail to have them on hand for the way back ?
It's ludicrous ! Unfortunately, it's common here.

Muppets who think they are able to take the dosh and run at the expense of the paying public.

And does the powers-that-be do anything about it ?

Do. They. Fk.

I certainly hope that whoever managed the JT bash will be given more and more to sort. Make it good and they will come here in droves. Make it poor and they'll never stop telling others.

Isn't that how marketing works ?
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 10, 2007
aaacchhoooooo!!!!!

the price they charged was little too high dont you think?
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 10, 2007
abdulnafees wrote:aaacchhoooooo!!!!!

the price they charged was little too high dont you think?

I guess you shouldn't go if you feel that way. I felt the same as you, so I didn't go. Hehe.

...although I wouldn't have gone to see Timberland even if he sang for free in my toilet...
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat