- - - - -

Topic locked
Sep 15, 2007
Im sure I don't owe more then that amount but after reading all these horror stories about people going to jail over very minor things has got me really nervous. Some people have easily spent over 6 months in jail because of minor things, thats why im so persistent in getting to know what will happen to me.

project3030
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 16, 2007
Do you guys think if I hire a lawyer, would he be able to clear up this mess? I know this sounds stupid over such a small amount of money but I do not under any circumstances want to be jailed after especially a long international flight from the U.S.A

You guys know any law firms ?
project3030
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 16, 2007
guys what if I change the name on my passport, my name is Robert James Stiles, the shopkeeper's know me as James Stiles, I can apply for a different passport and change the name to only Robert Stiles plus I would have a different passport number. I also know that at Dubai airport I won't be subjected to an eye test. This only happens at the crappy Sharjah airport.
project3030
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 16, 2007
project3030 wrote:guys what if I change the name on my passport, my name is Robert James Stiles, the shopkeeper's know me as James Stiles, I can apply for a different passport and change the name to only Robert Stiles plus I would have a different passport number. I also know that at Dubai airport I won't be subjected to an eye test. This only happens at the crappy Sharjah airport.

I think your whole story is nonsense, so carry on and do whatever you like.

If I am wrong and you are telling the truth, you deserve to be caught and locked up as by what you have written you never had any intention of paying this money.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 16, 2007
Is there is a written notorized contract between you and store owner and did you submit a copy of your ID to finalize the contract, if not, then they can't blacklist you
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2007
project3030 wrote:I appreciate your help fayz, honestly I don't remember the name of the store, however, I know both of the indian stores are located in the immediate vicinity of the mona lisa apartment building in sharjah which is right across from the giant supermarket, by the Karachi Darbar restauraunt by Sharjah Mega Mall, hope this helps.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I’m not too familiar with Sharjah as I’ve only been there a handful of times but I’ve asked a couple of my co-workers to try and identify these stores for you. Based on your description maybe someone else from the forums can offer input? Having said that because they don’t have your id and there is no written agreement you’re likely safe.

Also just so you know they use eye scanning at all UAE airports including Dubai. I think in Sharjah they scan all but in Dubai it depends on your nationality and the nature of your visit. But an eye scan done in the Sharjah airport will be available to Dubai as they all share the same computer system. Should you have done an eye scan in the past.

The only thing I ask is when you do find yourself back in the UAE try your best to identify the people and repay your debts, it’ll be the best thing for your own piece of mind.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat