Three Years Visa For Homeowners

Topic locked
Three Years Visa For Homeowners Jun 29, 2011
Good news to get the property Market going again.

Or will it need more?

drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Three Years Visa For Homeowners Jun 29, 2011
I googled it Drew, but couldn't find anything. What's the cost?

I've never had a visa as never needed one so far. Sometimes my passport is stamped 30 days and sometimes 60. I think it depends on whether I'm wearing my push up bra. :D
I have a bank account and all utilities so all is well in BM land without one so far but I would be interested in knowing a bit more about it.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Not sure on cost but will try and find out BM.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Here is a bit about it BM.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/new-visa ... tml?page=1

Does this mean that our BM is finally going to become a UAE resident and get DK off her back.
Jesus Christ BM, Do you even know what a dumb arse jinglie is???
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:Here is a bit about it BM.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/new-visa ... tml?page=1

Does this mean that our BM is finally going to become a UAE resident and get DK off her back.
Jesus Christ BM, Do you even know what a dumb arse jinglie is???

Thanks ben,but I don't think I will qualify going by that article. It quite clearly states that the property has to be worth over a million dirhams. DK has said my flat is worthless, so there you go, sigh, I'm still only a bloody visitor :?

To be honest I don't know what a dumb arse jinglie is but I bet DDS can tell me :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Three Years Visa For Homeowners Jun 30, 2011
I hope investors will not trust this move, it is another scam, once they round up investors and buyers they will revert the law and go back to the 6 months visa, they have done it before (2008), they will do it again.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Three Years Visa For Homeowners Jun 30, 2011
herve wrote:I hope investors will not trust this move, it is another scam, once they round up investors and buyers they will revert the law and go back to the 6 months visa, they have done it before (2008), they will do it again.

It was Abu Dhabi that revoked the law herve, not Dubai.
I'm not sure if it will do much to kick start investment but is a move in the right direction.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Three Years Visa For Homeowners Jul 03, 2011
When the last visa system was revoked; investors complaining were told the UAE could change its law when it wanted to etc etc. There were also many defensive comments on the net saying "just because you bought a flat does not mean you bought the soil of this great nation etc"
Now visas will be provided. However the UAE will obviously have the right to change the law later when it sees fit
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Three Years Visa For Homeowners Jul 03, 2011
BlackburnRovers wrote:When the last visa system was revoked; investors complaining were told the UAE could change its law when it wanted to etc etc. There were also many defensive comments on the net saying "just because you bought a flat does not mean you bought the soil of this great nation etc"
Now visas will be provided. However the UAE will obviously have the right to change the law later when it sees fit

Have and will once the fish stop biting and the lake runs out of fish. I'm sure some think it will be a "good" thing, without knowing the past issues, and will buy, only to find the laws changing later on.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat