Thread Of The Month

Topic locked
Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:if Dubai claimed what it really is, i would not have written a book, because i would have not gone to dubai.
This is the problem here, you dont know to whom you got married until it is too late, Dubai invites everyone to visit but hides the fact that you can be a criminal in the UAE and jailed indefinitively for something that would get you a ticket in the free world. it is a fraud to claim that dubai has the most beautiful beaches in the world, it is a fraud to claim it is an open society, it is a fraud to claim that a famous US developper has invested in a hotel on the palm jumeirah to attract investors, when he has not put a single dollar so far.it is a fraud to claim it is tax free when you do pay taxes. it is fraud, you go to prison if you do that in the US. but in the UAE it is normal government business, state lies.
you said you ran a business, but few knows that an emirati must own it. 51%, you were no exception. otherwise please explain.
and how comfortable do you feel to live in a country on a mere guest visa that you have to renew every 3 years, where you will never , ever be considered a member of their society. 12 years you said, in the US, in France you would get citizenship, in the UAE that is not going to happen anytime soon, should anything hapened to you, i wish not, and that you got deported for it, you would lose everything you can lose.
it is not a horror story, not an opinion, i am not insulting anyone, i am giving facts, verifiable facts, the truth. now because i got screwed, i explained how i got out, but it is a damn good story.

Sorry but you show your total ignorance of the UAE again.

Free Zone company, no sponsor. No income tax anywhere in UAE, yet.

So you can't become a UAE citizen. So the UAE is not like your country. So what? You sound pathetic, honestly.

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
wrong, you are the ignorant, no taxes in the free zone, true, but a free zone company cannot do business in Dubai. to sell shoes, or TV sets in dubai, or provide services in Dubai you need a UAE sponsor, who owns 51%, and you do have to pay taxes. 12 years and you dont know that? what kind of business were you in? where are you from speedhump or is it a secret?
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:wrong, you are the ignorant, no taxes in the free zone, true, but a free zone company cannot do business in Dubai. to sell shoes, or TV sets in dubai, or provide services in Dubai you need a UAE sponsor, who owns 51%, and you do have to pay taxes. 12 years and you dont know that? what kind of business were you in? where are you from speedhump or is it a secret?

You obviously think you know all about how to operate here in Dubai, however you hate the place right?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
is there anything false in my quote? please, elaborate.
i certainly do not know all about dubai, but my quote is true.
and i dont hate the place either, the place in itself presents no interest , no thugs in the streets, but it is a dangerous place, overrated 100 times fold.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:is there anything false in my quote? please, elaborate.
and i dont hate the place either, the place in itself presents no interest , no thugs in the streets, but it is a dangerous place, overrated 100 times fold.

If it presents no interest to you, what are you doing here on Dubai Forums?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
you always run from embarrassing questions? is my quote true or false.

i will be everywhere somebody tells Dubai is a wonderful place.
because i want to know why, and tell why it is not.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:you always run from embarrassing questions? is my quote true or false.

i will be everywhere somebody tells Dubai is a wonderful place.
because i want to know why, and tell why it is not.

Well I live here and unlike you I am not into constantly trashing the place.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
herve wrote:is there anything false in my quote? please, elaborate.

If it presents no interest to you, what are you doing here on Dubai Forums?

promoting his up coming book "IF".... he knows the Americans careless what happens outside their boarders so who is going to by his book ? people in the UAE. he got to market it.

I for one is looking forward for it, but want buy it though, it's not worth a penny neither any publication company will see it worth printing, they have to make money out of it.

herve,
there is a news paper in the US in Arabic one that use to only write news of the UAE but not the regular news we read ! its more of this guy fucked this woman. the GOV did this and that ... it is a cheap news paper that concentrate on UAE cheap new and shacks ( there you go, I gave you a good source ), not only that but they use the same language as your fcuk SHIT and so on and the publisher is a former GM in UAE gov I believe, this newspaper was there for over 10 years now. and just as an advice no one care for it neither bother to pick it up even when it's free so they ended up doing sex toys and dating adds to keep it going, I'm serious man look it up if it's still being published. be a joke like them but please add me to your list when you'll start the dating service .

ps . you also ran a way fro answering my questions !!

good luck. I for one is done with you.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:wrong, you are the ignorant, no taxes in the free zone, true, but a free zone company cannot do business in Dubai. to sell shoes, or TV sets in dubai, or provide services in Dubai you need a UAE sponsor, who owns 51%, and you do have to pay taxes. 12 years and you dont know that? what kind of business were you in? where are you from speedhump or is it a secret?

I repeat, you are very ignorant of the commercial aspects of the UAE. What do you think Free Zone companies do if not make money? What I do is my own business but I trade internationally, worldwide. I already told you I don't sell things inside the UAE so I don't give a hoot if the population drops to a million, in fact I would welcome it.

Your sarcasm is misplaced, after 12 years here I know a lot but say little.

Please tell me what taxes I pay on my income, O wise one (there's real sarcasm for you....)? That's income, not expenditure (we all know that Municipality tax applies to some things you pay for here).

I'm from the UK by the way, as you asked. Why do you think it's secret, you didn't ask me before? Strange remark.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Actually, I never read books from 'one day writers'. But this one looks very interesting, as Herve was a close initial allie of the Sheikh and his following.

In my article on my website recently, I also wrote about the Sheikh Mo reinstalling the Diwan (royal court) after recognizing that giving power to his lieutenants outside his family and tribal inner-circle makes transparacy hard to see for the outer world. So Herve could be under scrutiny of those people instead of the 'real honest government' bodies.

Anyway, I want to read his book as my critic arguments about the book and Herve's experience must be based on what he says in the book. Not just coming from a few rosegarden locals that sit on goverment payrolls. You understand? I like to be informed from different sides of the game just to avoid making the biggest mistake of my life by moving to a society where I can get locked for life.

I'm thorough in such matters. And Herve has an interesting case. I dont mind if he makes a few dimes (read millions) from his books. There are more people who've done it with less interesting topics....US octuple mom :)

Fair comment. You will read his book as research which of course makes sense. Most people will just buy it because they want to read a horror story. And that's exactly how he and his cronies are promoting it.

Thats fine too with me. Everybody has got his own reasons to buy it. Or not buy it. Democracy...unless the book will be banned from sales in the UAE ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Actually, I never read books from 'one day writers'. But this one looks very interesting, as Herve was a close initial allie of the Sheikh and his following.

In my article on my website recently, I also wrote about the Sheikh Mo reinstalling the Diwan (royal court) after recognizing that giving power to his lieutenants outside his family and tribal inner-circle makes transparacy hard to see for the outer world. So Herve could be under scrutiny of those people instead of the 'real honest government' bodies.

Anyway, I want to read his book as my critic arguments about the book and Herve's experience must be based on what he says in the book. Not just coming from a few rosegarden locals that sit on goverment payrolls. You understand? I like to be informed from different sides of the game just to avoid making the biggest mistake of my life by moving to a society where I can get locked for life.

I'm thorough in such matters. And Herve has an interesting case. I dont mind if he makes a few dimes (read millions) from his books. There are more people who've done it with less interesting topics....US octuple mom :)

Fair comment. You will read his book as research which of course makes sense. Most people will just buy it because they want to read a horror story. And that's exactly how he and his cronies are promoting it.

Thats fine too with me. Everybody has got his own reasons to buy it. Or not buy it. Democracy...unless the book will be banned from sales in the UAE ;)

This book, if ever written / finished will almost certainly not be available here
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
Thats what I'm worrying about. Always the government intervention... sad day for freedom. But I can live with it. :D
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Thats what I'm worrying about. Always the government intervention... sad day for freedom. But I can live with it. :D

If you are in Holland you will be able to get a copy, don't worry.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Thats what I'm worrying about. Always the government intervention... sad day for freedom. But I can live with it. :D

If you are in Holland you will be able to get a copy, don't worry.

Don't worry about me. I can live with it. Can you?
I'm thinking the broad way. Not just from my perspective as most of us on DF do ;)
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
Good, I'm glad no-one's worried then :D

Including Saint Robby who has decided not to make up his mind until after he has parted with his money, although he already said he wants to believe it's true :)

Just kidding with you, do read it and report back to the DF Cynics' Society and the Nationals With Heads In The Sand Brigade ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
Ill do some honest reporting after I read it OK?

I promise I don't get paid by Herve :D just to show thorns or accept oil dollars from sheiks and colour a rosebed. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
Herve said: Hypocrisy, when having children out of marriage can land a couple straight to jail, but Sheikh Mohammed with 17 children i find hard to beleive he had 16 of them with only one wife

For your info Herve, Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikha Hind took children from an orphanage into their home and raised them - taking them in and fostering them. These are children without family. This is something that some local families do. You see, this is part of the Emirati culture that people know little about.

As for the photo of the local, I don't see him purchasing liquor but I do see a vending machine behind the cashier. There are no liquor stores in Dubai but there are Duty Free and outlets run by MMI and African & Eastern and locals would never ever be able to make a purchase from them, especially in local dress!! And if this is a local purchasing liquor in a liquor store in local dress, possibly it was being done somewhere else in a non-Muslim country. And if he is buying liquor, so what? I am sure you sat around and threw back a few with locals (while they were in western clothing) in someone's home, or at a restaurant or a bar either in Dubai or when traveling outside the UAE.

Did you learn about the laws of the UAE only after you ran into trouble? or prior to your trouble?

I think as a ex-spy you would have trouble finding work anywhere in the world. You were working for a company owned by the government and associated with the Dubai Ports Authority - a government owned entity. Learning that you were a spy working for a government entity would definitely raise eyebrows. Being an ex-spy is a stigma that you will live with for the rest of your life. I can't imagine a government would hire you knowing you were an ex-spy. When you were playing 007 how many things did you do that were illegal in order to get information?

As for your book, I gather you came on this forum to promote it as it would reach expats in Dubai as well as DF members from all over the world. I would think promoting your book would be your publisher's job.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Ill do some honest reporting after I read it OK?

I promise I don't get paid by Herve :D just to show thorns or accept oil dollars from sheiks and colour a rosebed. ;)

LOL, sounds good! :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
the guy was not buying a pair of socks or chewing gums, everytime i went to MMI i saw Emirati's buying booze, personally i dont care if they buys alcohol or not, they are 2 faces, that s it. no big deal, but when they bring to me morality i can t help to laugh loud, i never sat around to drink with locals either, i watched, that s the irony, i am not a muslim and i dont drink. I learnt about the UAE laws after, before, i was like everybody else, i beleived what i was told, that Dubai was an open society.
you dont know what s the like of being a spy, you can ask but dont say anything if you dont know. There is no perfect job indeed, but i guarantee you there is no stigma to carry, many things you learn and do are the ultimate things you can experience in life. the only difficulty in finding a job for guys like us after that , is to find one where you don't bore to death. so many times i got out of difficult situations in my personal life because of the skills i developped while i was an operative. my escape is a perfect example. beleive me, it is very , very difficult to exit the UAE if they have confiscated your passport.
as far as the illegal things i may have done in the UAE to get out, it is simple, there cannot be any crimes committed while defending yourself against crimes or frauds. this is why i am not shy to disclose in my book the illegal things i may have done .
promoting is my publisher 's job, indeed, coming in june. but your question is not innocent, you are smart but you are busted.
Biased opinions always amuse me, this is why i come here.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009

ok I got lost here and I don't know where did I read that RobbyG is NOT in UAE :shock: !!! so what was all the judgments, comments and conclusions about Dubai and it's ppl ?
not only that but he is denying it even though he made a blog about it.
talk about people with too much free time in their hands :lol: .
uaekid

Mar 15, 2009
uaekid wrote:

ok I got lost here and I don't know where did I read that RobbyG is NOT in UAE :shock: !!! so what was all the judgments, comments and conclusions about Dubai and it's ppl ?

I would never judge people before knowing them. I do make fun of everyone ;)
What can I give you more than a non-biased view being non-resident of the UAE and the most neutral person ;) in the world: A Flying dutchman.

I don't know anymore treats for you to please my authenticity. And as you know, I would love to come to Dubai but not without me getting a career first! Still I don't pick sides, I review them from a distance.

Should suit a lot of you ;)
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:the guy was not buying a pair of socks or chewing gums, everytime i went to MMI i saw Emirati's buying booze, personally i dont care if they buys alcohol or not, they are 2 faces, that s it. no big deal, but when they bring to me morality i can t help to laugh loud, i never sat around to drink with locals either, i watched, that s the irony, i am not a muslim and i dont drink. I learnt about the UAE laws after, before, i was like everybody else, i beleived what i was told, that Dubai was an open society.
you dont know what s the like of being a spy, you can ask but dont say anything if you dont know. There is no perfect job indeed, but i guarantee you there is no stigma to carry, many things you learn and do are the ultimate things you can experience in life. the only difficulty in finding a job for guys like us after that , is to find one where you don't bore to death. so many times i got out of difficult situations in my personal life because of the skills i developped while i was an operative. my escape is a perfect example. beleive me, it is very , very difficult to exit the UAE if they have confiscated your passport.
as far as the illegal things i may have done in the UAE to get out, it is simple, there cannot be any crimes committed while defending yourself against crimes or frauds. this is why i am not shy to disclose in my book the illegal things i may have done .
promoting is my publisher 's job, indeed, coming in june. but your question is not innocent, you are smart but you are busted.

Well I guess the illegal things you claim to have done in Dubai you learned from your past experiences. So, you committed crimes, or did illegal things, while working as a spy, correct? Spys have one rule: there are no rules. So you do whatever you need to do to get the job done, correct?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
uaekid wrote:

I don't think he has even flown over Dubai, never mind actually been in Dubai. But as he says, when he has a career he hopes one day to go to Dubai. I guess he hasn't decided what he wants to be when he grows up, or, he is really good at anything and I don't think its free time he's holding in his hand.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
uaekid wrote:

I don't think he has even flown over Dubai, never mind actually been in Dubai. But as he says, when he has a career he hopes one day to go to Dubai. I guess he hasn't decided what he wants to be when he grows up, or, he is really good at anything and I don't think its free time he's holding in his hand.

well I guess it's you then who got so much free time in her\his hand to answer the question intended to another person who by the way answered it already :roll:

talk about ass kissing :lol:
uaekid

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
herve wrote:the guy was not buying a pair of socks or chewing gums, everytime i went to MMI i saw Emirati's buying booze, personally i dont care if they buys alcohol or not, they are 2 faces, that s it. no big deal, but when they bring to me morality i can t help to laugh loud, i never sat around to drink with locals either, i watched, that s the irony, i am not a muslim and i dont drink. I learnt about the UAE laws after, before, i was like everybody else, i beleived what i was told, that Dubai was an open society.

Well I guess the illegal things you claim to have done in Dubai you learned from your past experiences. So, you committed crimes, or did illegal things, while working as a spy, correct? Spys have one rule: there are no rules. So you do whatever you need to do to get the job done, correct?

What are you talking about, i was not working as a spy in Dubai, you are insane, i quit 11 years before that, i want to beleive you are claiming that to divert from the real causes of the persecution i was the victim of, and Dubai World knew about it anyways.
You got it all wrong, and naive to beleive that i would admit any guilt.
they were the criminals, not me, i was in self defense. when a government is threatening you to be tortured or locked up in a cave underground, you can takes whatever steps are required to save your skin from those savages, regardless if it is breaking their laws or not. i wish you are never in a situation like that, i would like to see your face if it happens.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

What are you talking about, i was not working as a spy in Dubai, you are insane, i quit 11 years before that, i want to beleive you are claiming that to divert from the real causes of the persecution i was the victim of, and Dubai World knew about it anyways.
You got it all wrong, and naive to beleive that i would admit any guilt.
they were the criminals, not me, i was in self defense. when a government is threatening you to be tortured or locked up in a cave underground, you can takes whatever steps are required to save your skin from those savages, regardless if it is breaking their laws or not. i wish you are never in a situation like that, i would like to see your face if it happens.

Herve,

You can talk whatever you want (free to do that) but if you will ever make sense in the eyes of some out there, I doubt that. Some are so intensely crippled with biased views, that a reasonable conversation would result in old fashioned Gaza-like stonethrowing. Some people on this forum assume to much without asking properly.

@caveman Bora Bora:

See Kitty, there are more caves where you can hide. Even Herve knows a few where I can one day 'smoke you out'. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
yea lets all reserve our judjements until after Robby is done reading the book....Since none of us will be able to buy it!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
it will be available in Dubai through internet orders, there are many ways to go around the blockade. actually the best promo i can get is if they block it.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Herve said: Hypocrisy, when having children out of marriage can land a couple straight to jail, but Sheikh Mohammed with 17 children i find hard to beleive he had 16 of them with only one wife

For your info Herve, Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikha Hind took children from an orphanage into their home and raised them - taking them in and fostering them. These are children without family. This is something that some local families do. You see, this is part of the Emirati culture that people know little about.

Thanks, I knew it was like that but I didn't have the facts. This guy only wants to show one side of the story of the UAE and throws half facts around like confetti.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Herve said: Hypocrisy, when having children out of marriage can land a couple straight to jail, but Sheikh Mohammed with 17 children i find hard to beleive he had 16 of them with only one wife

Thanks, I knew it was like that but I didn't have the facts. This guy only wants to show one side of the story of the UAE and throws half facts around like confetti.

borabora, speedhump......you really are blind, and you only see what suits you
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f1 ... 16610.html
Sheikh Mohammed did father children with women he was not married to.
anyone else caught doing the same goes to prison for 18 months. but i guess he is above the law, and you swallow it.
do you know what you are for these people speedump, a nothing, an expandable goods, and you worship them? worship your queen, the UK has much more of history, culture and accomplishments.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat