My Theory...

Topic locked
My theory... Apr 06, 2011
I've heard some "complaints" about the forum being dead. Here are some of the reasons I think:

1. So-called mods where "dethroned" and for many of them the only reason to post was to show "the world" that they were mods. Now they have no reason to post - sadly; for them.
2. It is easier to criticize someone's post than to start a new thread.
3. Not many interesting members or interesting threads
4. Apparently some here know each other outside the forum and that surely inhibits what is said.
5. Too many people with thin skin or claimed high "morals" and full membership in the ofendatoruim (by the way, the place is now over subscribed - and we do not allow access to DF at the ofendatorium- which come to think of it might be a reason for the low posting :shock: *note to self: revise ofendatorium policy*
6. Most importantly, as hard as it might be to believe, some have better things to do.

Just my theory....if you disagree; see "2" above :P

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: My Theory... Apr 06, 2011
I vote for 1 and 2! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: My theory... Apr 06, 2011
Your theory has merit, however the Mods were not so much 'de-throned' as disenfranchised.
You will note that some of us are still here and posting as were, and are, DF'ers first and given Mod status later.

As for content; some of the flaming seems to have reduced but there are still conflicts out there that create bad feeling. I shall continue to post and pillory to my hearts content!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Ambassador wrote:6. Most importantly, as hard as it might be to believe, some have better things to do.

Just my theory....if you disagree; see "2" above :P

What could be better than being on DF?? :D
zonker
BANNED

Dubai Knight wrote:Your theory has merit, however the Mods were not so much 'de-throned' as disenfranchised.
You will note that some of us are still here and posting as were, and are, DF'ers first and given Mod status later.

As for content; some of the flaming seems to have reduced but there are still conflicts out there that create bad feeling. I shall continue to post and pillory to my hearts content!

:D :D :D

Knight

Agreed - that is why I said "some" who shall remain nameless but they know who they are :P

I can think of 2 "mods" who carried on "normally" after the mod-coronation!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:Agreed - that is why I said "some" who shall remain nameless but they know who they are :P

I can think of 2 "mods" who carried on "normally" after the mod-coronation!

We are more than 2 ! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

We don't have many members :shock:
symmetric
BANNED

I thought its only me who noticed...
is there any proposed solutions Ambassador... I keep checking DF every now and the, but don't really find something to comment or post on...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:I thought its only me who noticed...
is there any proposed solutions Ambassador... I keep checking DF every now and the, but don't really find something to comment or post on...

The only way is if people just post (even silly stuff - that is all I do). This is not school or real life even - more amusement than anything (with occasional helpful posts)

Start a thread (it ain't hard)...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat