The Weather Gods Punished Me

Topic locked
The Weather Gods punished me Feb 04, 2012
A week ago I was complaining there was no winter. Now, snow and less than -20 it was early morning. Brrrr. The country stopped, hahaha, no public transportion and many roads are not good for car. I have nowhere to go. While writing it, I just had a marvellous idea, I'll bike to the movie theater. Still have to see the Dragon Tattoo movie.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: The Weather Gods Punished Me Feb 05, 2012
where you at ? Holland, dutchman?
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

We haven't got -20 FD, the worst I can report is -5.5 so far but the reports are that 1/3 of the flights due to leave Heathrow tomorrow are cancelled. It doesn't take that much to cripple the British transport system. It must be the wrong type of snow.

I decided to kill two birds with one stone tonight. Beth needed a lift into town to go to a birthday party so I thought I would do some food shopping whilst dropping her off to meet a friend around 5pm.
I get a bit sick of driving everywhere so as my eldest daughter was on sight I thought she could give us a lift. We set out at 4.30 and did a bit of shopping. By the time it had got to 5pm, the snow was starting to fall. We dropped Beth off and set off home.
The roads were a bit iffy but we made it to our lane end and turned off the main road.
Now, I like a BMW, but I have to say they are absolutely sh1te in the snow, except for my X3 that is. My daughter drives a 3series Msport thing. We got half way up the lane and the car wouldn't go any where fast. We went from side to side and backwards. There wasn't half an inch of snow to be seen but we were stranded half a mile from home and the Manchester City v Fulham match about to start on TV!!!
I decided to call in the troops and help arrived in the form of a Land Rover with a shovel and grit. Within ten minutes we were on our way only to come to a grinding halt within another two minutes.
We finally reached home 16 minutes after kick off with City one goal in the lead.
I've just tuned into the BBC news which reports heavy snow over the UK. I could still see the grass from where the reporter was standing. That is not heavy snow!

Final score Man City 3 Fulham 0.

Did you make it to the film FD? Was it any good?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Yes Tony, near the German border.

I didn't make it BM. After a few slips I decided to call it a day and went back.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat