The Palm

Topic locked
The Palm Sep 24, 2006
Hello

Im a Civil Engineering student from Canada doing a project on The Palm islands. However I am having some difficulty finding any information on the acutal engineering behind the project. I keep running into more commercialized websites which do not go into much depth about the acutal construction of the island.

Anyone know where I can get some information?

Your help is greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.

mike_patel
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 24, 2006
i dont know, sorry...but are you gujurati?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 24, 2006
best bet would be for you to search through the discovery channel website ... cause they had an episode bout the palm island an they pretty much coverd what you lookin to know bout .. so im guessin there site might have an article bout it aswell.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Sep 24, 2006
yeah I am gujarati lol
mike_patel
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 24, 2006
Have you tried contacting www.nakheel.ae this is the company behind the project, they may help you if you explain what you are trying to do and why.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 24, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Have you tried contacting www.nakheel.ae this is the company behind the project, they may help you if you explain what you are trying to do and why.

good one sage, although there are a mirriade of main and sub-contractors involved. the first palm (jumeirah) is almost complete so possibly little use to an engineering student, the other two are still in various stages of construction.

look up the web pages of some of the larger consultancies in dubai, most of the work is funnled through thier offices - hills, parsons, kracknell etc
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat