The Golden Jubilee

Topic locked
The Golden Jubilee Feb 06, 2012
Well I'm feeling well proud of being British today as it is the 60th anniversary of Princess Elizabeth becoming the Queen of England.

I'm only aware of one other British person who visits DF on a regular occassion (Dillon) so it may be news to others that it is the year of the Golden Jubilee in Britain.

I wouldn't say I was the greatest fan of the Royal Family but have always been a big admirer of the Queen. In all of her 60 years on the throne, she has never put a foot wrong. If you compare that to the President Assads of the world, I feel priviledged to be born British.

We can look forward to a year of celebration this year in the UK, with the Jubilee and the Olympics, and an extra bank holiday chucked in for good measure.

God Save The Queen!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: The Golden Jubilee Feb 06, 2012
Well BM, we in the US have a different meaning for being on the "throne". It's generally located in the "library". :D

The New York Giants won the Superbowl!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm, throne??? superbowl???? :P
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I saw that Bora. The Super Bowl means nothing to me as an English person. Do they score tries, touch downs or goals?

What was shown in the UK was Madonna hobbling about on her high heeled thigh high boots during her performance.
Bethsmum

What am I? Bleedin' Scotch mist? I bet Charles is seething and hoping she'll resign soon. Personally I hope it skips him and they move to Prince William instead.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Do forgive me Chocs. I forgot all about you. I not a fan of Charles either but I cant see him giving up his claim to the throne. I think it would be nice for William and Kate to be allowed to enjoy a few years of their adult lives before being burdoned with the titles of King and Queen. I quite like it that William is winding the Argies up at the moment.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat