The Gardens

Topic locked
The Gardens Jan 07, 2007
Here's a real topic worth discussing, and I think because of the gravity of it, it should remain in General and not whisked into the accom. section.

Has anyone heard anything relating to the rumour the Gardens is going to be demolished to make way for a yet unannounced project? The rumours are flying such as:

* new major road.
* extension to Ibn Battuta
* Force people to consider International City for low cost accom.
* Hyperspace Bypass.

I know there a few tenants here... what have you heard and have you tried to renew your lease?

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 07, 2007
what is a hyperspace bypass? :roll:
noni
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2007
noni wrote:what is a hyperspace bypass? :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogon_Constructor_Fleet
^ian^

Jan 07, 2007
I heard proposed new metro line.

OR

a conspiracy by Nakheel to get people to move to International City
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 07, 2007
I hope it's all just a rumour. What Dubai doesn't need is a fiasco like this on its hands.

How many people live at The Gardens?
^ian^

Jan 07, 2007
I recall about a year ago it was a on the cover page of 7 days syaing that there will be a highway going through there !! since then officials didn't mention it anymore r u talking about this one ?
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2007
Well there was an article in the Gulf news a yesterday.
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07 ... 94858.html

It was a follow up on an article which came on the 30th Dec where contracts werent being renewed for some 3 BHK tenants....
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2007
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2007
The new major road must be an extension of the one that will run through the Greens / Springs area, was in the newspapers several months ago.

Ibn Batuta is going to be extended thats already in progress.

The Gardens were built to offer low cost rental accomodation, it would be a tradegy for many people if they had to move.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 07, 2007
How low-cost was this place? Looks nice. I always thought it was freehold, but I guess it isn't.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 07, 2007
gtmash wrote:How low-cost was this place? Looks nice. I always thought it was freehold, but I guess it isn't.

Been going a few years, I enquired once but their was a long waiting list so I never got round to asking the price.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 07, 2007
WHAT ...i JUST mOVED HERE ...and i love it! ..its such a great place...and well the malls right next door...and so is the cinema...amazing location..i get to madinat jumeirah in 10 minutes...DIC,DMC,KV in 5 mins...emirates mall in 10 mins...and...i face no traffic in the morning going into the city...and no traffic on my way back!!...i havnt been stuck in the so called DUBAI traffic ...for the past 3 weeks that i have been here!!
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2007
cyrix wrote:WHAT ...i JUST mOVED HERE ...and i love it! ..its such a great place...and well the malls right next door...and so is the cinema...amazing location..i get to madinat jumeirah in 10 minutes...DIC,DMC,KV in 5 mins...emirates mall in 10 mins...and...i face no traffic in the morning going into the city...and no traffic on my way back!!...i havnt been stuck in the so called DUBAI traffic ...for the past 3 weeks that i have been here!!

Well according to the news you may be moving sooner than you expected. Bummer :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 07, 2007
ok more insight....first off...not the whole community will be effected...so that means some of us will be here.

also..2 weeks back i was issued a tenenacy renewal contract..so...i cant be kicked for the next 12 months..right!?
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2007
cyrix wrote:ok more insight....first off...not the whole community will be effected...so that means some of us will be here.

also..2 weeks back i was issued a tenenacy renewal contract..so...i cant be kicked for the next 12 months..right!?

Contracts are worth toilet paper here. The people who are supposedly being evicted also signed on for another year.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 07, 2007
Its all rumors the real reason they are not renewing those contracts is Nakheel needs the space to house its own employees thats all.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 08, 2007
FYI,

The mall will be extended out towards SZR. It will add some 'meat' to the centre of this long mall out where the Cirque Grand Capiteau is sitting now. Will also include approx 5 hotels a waterway linking to the river and countless other buildings aswell as multi deck carpark.

The road that runs behind the road will be wider. Some of the apprtments along this road will be torn down.

Cheers,
SNA33Y
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2007
One of my colleagues living in The Gardens received a notice from her landlord (last week) to vacate the place by June and that she would not be able to renew her contract but after a few days, having an article published in Khaleej (if im not mistaken, not sure though) her landlord said it is ok and she can renew her contract.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 08, 2007
well its the middle east....lets learn to spell "civil rights" before we start expecting to get them. :x
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat