The Doha Debates - Dubai A Bad Idea?

Topic locked
Re: The Doha Debates - Dubai a Bad Idea? Jan 21, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:
uaekid wrote:like I said before I don't care for Essa case or did support him, all was I trying to say was the manipulating way of lawyers in court, now back to the issue in hand if you base your trust on her just bcz she has been doing good things for so long, well so did the UAE government for a longer period , effort and spending than she did !!

so why are sure that the government pushed the housemaids to do so and giving sharlah and excuse that well "Maybe she was trying to put the child in a home, to be adopted" ? you are questioning us and trusting her based on nothing dear.

you do know trafficking exists and allot of it here ! why can't she part of it?

and lets not talk about the abusing issue right now until we finish "if you want" why you give such a statement and calling it obvious ! what is obvious to me is that if they wanted her out ,they would've don't it long before, I just do not get you..

later on I will get back at you in why the government wont cover such things as the abuse of housemaids ,women and labors.and yes such things are here, UAE is not haven.

You don't get me because you don't want to.

Kid, did you study law? Because you certainly use fact and fiction to your convenience. You can make an innocent person look guilty and at the same time make a guilty person look innocent.

First, all your statements regarding Eisa: I thought we were debating the way the justice system works. You keep insisting that I'm making it about Eisa. It is about Eisa's trial, not Eisa himself. You want to give the justice system the benefit of the doubt and you actually, whether you realize it or not, alluded to the fact that the case against him was not "proven", or was "proven" to exonerate him, either way.

You are right when you say lawyers are manipulative, which is a developed skill, and to which I agree. But there are levels - from being really bad at it to being extremely good at it - example of extremely good: lawyers who represented OJ Simpson. Eisa's lawyer failed miserably in that area, but that wasn't really important now, was it since all needed to do was to go through the motions. If Eisa's lawyer was half way good at what he did he would have been more imaginative and creative in making it appear to be a half-way intelligent defense; at least somewhat believeable to the viewing public. But, you seem to be the only one who doesn't think that the "trial" was a sham. Kid, a kid just out of university with a law degree could have tried that case and did a better job. You see, the defense wasn't manipulative, imaginative or creative enough to make it remotely plausible. If anything, he embarrassed the justice system more than it needed to be if he's the one that came up with the "proof" and the story that went with it. Do you really believe that that was the first time Eisa pulled that?? It's just the first time he got caught.

You see all the arguments you give me about Sharla - basically saying why isn't it possible that she did what she was accused of - are the same arguments I use with you regarding Eisa. You have always avoided giving an answer as to whether or not you thought he may or may not have done what he was accused of. You avoided speaking your opinion on exactly what you think as to the trial. And, my reference to housemaids probably being scared into making such statements - it happens and you know it happens. Don't tell me you never heard of at least one story on how the police got a "confession" out of someone?? If you never did, then you are living in a cave!!!!!

Me:
Eisa - GUILTY
The Trial: A SHAM

Kid:
Eisa - ?
The Trial: ?

As for Sharla: we will never know the story as to what transpired. She has two things to consider: her husband, who is a local and her children. She may have a lot to say, but best to suffer in silence for the sake of her husband and children. I stated the obvious to you - how she was able to do her work for so many years and then all of a sudden she's a criminal. Why would she do what she was accused of when she was getting alot of press for all her work. That would be a terribly stupid move at a time when she was becoming somewhat of a public figure. Common sense dictates. If you read my post you will see that I use the word may be or possibly. May be and possibly means it could or could not have happened. You know as I know, crap happens in Dubai. You also know it's kind of a Vegas thing - what happens in Dubai, stays in Dubai.

So, are you going after her because she's American and trying to see the possibility of her being guilty, and defend Eisa's trial because he's a local and the "evidence" proved he was innocent?

There is no heaven on earth. But you sure work hard at trying to make Abu Dhabi as being pretty close to it.

hon I couldn't even finish watching the tape bcz of it's brutality !! of course he is guilty there is no question about it and again I never said other wise ... but you want an interference of the government in a court system ? you wont be any better than the UAE government that you question all the time !!. if they (lawyers )have proven his mental statues to be unstable (even if its questionable) then he wont go to jail period. and I believe this goes every where . they are admitted into a specializes institution , that's the law.. I understand your feelings toward the victim whom ever he is but like I said not all victims get a fair trial at least not in the logical sense that we the public understand. but if you want the dark age trial "hang him , he is a witch" it simply wont happen. I hope I made my self clear

and I believe this is the first time I stood up for AD so there were no hard working to it. I believe of the guys who run it and I adore them. and if it's a crime to do so then please lock me up. they may not be perfect so does all governments but I have all the love for them in what they have done and what they are doing to this country and it's ppl and not bcz of the fact that I belong to them but in this world when you see such a ppl "government" who cares this much who are part of us more than they are a "royal family" I will give them a break when they slip and I'll always be there for them as they and their father have been there for us and others.

As for Sharla: .isn't also obvious that the government is doing a hall much effort than this sharlah to ppl adds in and out side the country with every possible way they can and god knows my government does not need someone her to tell them what they should do neither they would care for someone like her.. we are moving in an empty circle as you can see but as you have said "we will never know the story as to what transpired" I will rest my case since you got nothing to say but it is "obvious" it's just not enough dear , I may go as fare as someone might have framed her in someway and was a big case at the time and the government had to act toward it.but she fleeing out of the country just like herve is not into your skeptic category ? if it's a government practices to do so to everyone then wouldn't you see the 5000000000 expat in the run dear.comaan

Ppl who respect themselves, their society and the law of the country they are in wont have a problem where ever they are. For how many years have you lived here ? did you encounter such behavior from the government your self ? if no, why ?

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:
Ppl who respect themselves, their society and the law of the country they are in wont have a problem where ever they are. For how many years have you lived here ? did you encounter such behavior from the government your self ? if no, why ?

I think that people who respect themselves will speak up and express their opinion whenever they think an injustice has been carried out. And a goverment that respects its people will allow freedom of speech.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

maybe they are not giving it to you but they are giving it to us which is enough for me .and I did debate the freedom of speech in this forum and at the end I did shut the other parties up, look it up.
uaekid

uaekid wrote:maybe they are not giving it to you [freedom of expression] but they are giving it to us which is enough for me .

Finally a hilarious post from you :lol: :lol: :lol: I knew you had it in you to be funny :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done keep it up.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

XPT wrote:
uaekid wrote:maybe they are not giving it to you [freedom of expression] but they are giving it to us which is enough for me .

Finally a hilarious post from you :lol: :lol: :lol: I knew you had it in you to be funny :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done keep it up.

it is up and hard :lol:
uaekid

Re: The Doha Debates - Dubai a Bad Idea? Jan 22, 2010
:S dont let chocs catch u while its up and hard :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat