Taxi From DXB To Bab Al Shams?

Topic locked
Taxi from DXB to Bab Al Shams? Sep 16, 2006
Hey everybody, I've been lurking around these forums in preperation for my upcoming trip to Dubai (9/24-9/28) and I just wanted to say that all of you seem to be an awesome community and thanks to all the people who are there to help.

I'm trying to find the cheapest but safest way to go from the Dubai Int'l Airport to Bab Al Shams. It'll be my first time in Dubai (I speak english fluently, but no Arabic) and I'll be arriving late at night (11 p.m.) Would it be better to arrange with the hotel to send a driver (I was quoted 200 Dhms) or would it be cheaper (but equally safe) to take a taxi from the taxi stand? Since I've never been to Dubai, I would be worried about getting ripped off by the driver and wary of my safety. Does 200Dhms sound about right to a trip to Bab

By the way, Bab Al Shams is located near the Dubai International Endurance City, just 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport and 57 km from Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Madinat Jumeirah and is accessible by a dedicated road network. Thanks for any advice you can give!

b3n84
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 16, 2006
200dhs is i think twice as much as you would pay for a cab from the airport. You can take a taxi cab from the taxi stand that will be straight infront of you when you get out of the airport sliding doors. They opening fare is 20dhs and i would say to Bab il shams it will not go over 100dhs the taxi cab has a meter so there is no way you will be ripped off.

Good luck and have a great visit !!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:200dhs is i think twice as much as you would pay for a cab from the airport. You can take a taxi cab from the taxi stand that will be straight infront of you when you get out of the airport sliding doors. They opening fare is 20dhs and i would say to Bab il shams it will not go over 100dhs the taxi cab has a meter so there is no way you will be ripped off.

Good luck and have a great visit !!

Bab al Shams may just reach or go over Dhs100.00 as MaaaD says catch from the stand outside the Airport.

I am a little curious as to why you keep harping on safety, what are you expecting? Armed Robbers?, Hi-jacking?. You will be absolutely OK.

Why are you coming to stay at Bab al Shams, it is far out of the city, so any trip you have to make is going to attract these kind of taxi fares. Pleanty of hotels closer to the City at equal or lower prices.
Just an observation!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 16, 2006
Thanks for the price quote. I guess I'll take the taxi from the airport then. I have safety concerns regarding taxis, because I've been travelling throughout Asia and I've encountered many a driver who tried to rip me off. This is also my very first trip to the Mideast.

As to why I'm staying at Bab Al Shams, I'm joining up with a tour group (which has booked Bab for 2 days and the Burj for 2 days)...figured I'd get both a desert view of Dubai and the Burj view. Thanks for the advice.
b3n84
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 16, 2006
have no fear regards taxi's in Dubai, Maaad and SGO have summed up everything quite well.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 16, 2006
One thing to add, if it is your first trip you may not have known but the taxis are metered so getting ripped off will be less likely but obviously make sure the meter is running :)

I've never been there but actually i would have guessed the Taxi to run you closer to 150 but the above posters would know more.

Enjoy your time there, Bab A Shams is suppose to be as beautiful as the doorway to the sun ;)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 16, 2006
ask if they can speak passable english before you get into the cab, also ask them if they know where bas is before you go anywhere with them.

you get the odd chancer who will try and take the piss and drive you around for hours, or a newbie on the job who doesn't know left from right... :)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat