Talking About Road Rage !

Topic locked
Talking about Road Rage ! Dec 19, 2006
Man dies after road-rage row sparks violent attack

One man was left dead and three injured after an argument over a parking space turned violent in Oud Metha.

The dead man, identified as 48-year-old Indian Konjomon Thomas, suffered a heart attack 30 minutes after an ambulance arrived to take him to hospital. He was attacked at around 3pm on December 8.

A source close to the case said 27-year-old Filipino Judilyn Cabalo Corpuz was now being held at Al Rafa Police Station.

Brigadier Khamis Al Muzainah, the head of Dubai CID, yesterday confirmed the incident took place, saying the police rushed the injured man to the hospital. He added the case was now with the Public Prosecution.

The row began when Corpuz and his uncle, who was driving, waited for a vehicle to move outside St Mary’s Church so they could park in its place. When the space became free a second car, driven by an Indian man containing two passengers, took it.

Tempers flared and an argument between the two cars’ passengers ensued. This escalated when Thomas’s two companions left their vehicle to knock on the window of the other car.

Corpuz is believed to have struck all three Indians, knocking them to the ground. One of the men ran back to their car and grabbed a wrench with the intention of beating Corpuz.

However, Corpuz managed to grab it from his would-be assailant and instead attacked the three Indians with it.

Rafael Palencia, an officer at the Philippine Consulate in Dubai said: “The autopsy report of the victim is being awaited to determine the cause of death. We advised Corpuz’s relatives to get a medical report from the hospital. [Corpuz] also sustained injuries. They will be hiring a lawyer to defend him.”

From Emirates Today 19/12/2006

Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Dec 19, 2006
I think ''parking space rage'' is more appropriate. Seriously, the woman ''struck'' all three to the ground and managed to attack them with a wrench she grabbed from one of them?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Dec 19, 2006
all this in a church parking lot, sad.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 19, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:I think ''parking space rage'' is more appropriate. Seriously, the woman ''struck'' all three to the ground and managed to attack them with a wrench she grabbed from one of them?

She knows Kung Fu.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 19, 2006
I bet this was on a Sunday - I live not far from here and that section round the church is crazy busy from the morning until about 2pm.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 19, 2006
The report says "the row began when Corpuz and HIS uncle" so why do you think it was a woman that knocked all 3 to the ground. Is Judilyn actually a woman's name?
The_Mixer
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 19, 2006
that why i buy taxi and let causin drive
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 19, 2006
hahahah man this is funny :D sorry but i find it funny. some poor indian guy died cos of a parking lot. man he gave up his life for a parking lot. we should have a rememberance day for the poor guy lol :D

this happened to me same thing no i didnt give a chop. instead i got out of the guy confronted the local guy from Ajman and asked him y did u do it. his response he doesnt know ENGLISH lol

y do ppl fite over parking space, and driving on the road.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 19, 2006
Sadly it's going to take more incidents like this to make people go straight in this country. It's just the case that we all know 'certain' people can't wait their turn or queue.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 19, 2006
actually its more about controlling ur anger if you are in this situation. i mean its only PARKING space just move on find another, it aint worth it confronting some guy over a space of parking, unless u got a base ball bat in ur car ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 19, 2006
It's almost as if cars in dubai are evil spirits that possess their drivers... :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Dec 19, 2006
lol its more like we posses them. poor lil cars we boss them around telling them where to go where not to go. feel sorry for them bettles out there they already sad if u look at them :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat