Swine Flu Outbreak!!!

Topic locked
Apr 28, 2009
So far they haven't traced the flu back to pigs yet - it seems to be human to human transmission. You can't get the flu virus by eating pork.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2009
Speedhump wrote:by the way, when he said 'You gave me a crucial helping hand a couple of times', that wasn't addressed to me.

Sure Speedhump, sure.

I have you on my conspiracy list now. High-value target.

Lock and load men. :lol: 8) :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 28, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:by the way, when he said 'You gave me a crucial helping hand a couple of times', that wasn't addressed to me.

Sure Speedhump, sure.

OK you got me, I'm one of the anti-pork terrorists....I plug sticks of dynamite up pigs' rear ends and run...now you know my leanings ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Sure Speedhump, sure.

OK you got me, I'm one of the anti-pork terrorists....I plug sticks of dynamite up pigs' rear ends and run...now you know my leanings ;)

Here he is men!! Eliminate!! :wink:

If he touches ground in Holland, give him a steeck up his ass back to England. That will teach him not to mess with our soil and piggies.

http://www.cinemastrikesback.com/news/f ... mite01.jpg
RobbyG

Apr 28, 2009
:D I like that pic, once I could see it all :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2009
28Apr2009/629 am EDT/1029 GMT

Here is a snapshot of the current swine flu situation. The World Health

Organization puts the threat level at Phase 4 on a scale of 1-6,

indicating a "significant increase in risk of a pandemic."

--MEXICO: Epicenter of the current outbreak and only nation with confirmed

swine flu deaths (20). Another 132 suspected deaths and 1614 suspected

infections

--NATIONS WITH CONFIRMED INFECTIONS: Britain 2, Canada 6 (+10-12 suspected),

Israel 1 (+ 1 suspected), New Zealand 3 (+63 suspected), Spain 1 (+26

suspected), United States 44

--NATIONS WITH SUSPECTED INFECTIONS: Australia 70, Chile 8, China several,

Colombia 9, Denmark 5, France 1, Hong Kong 4, Ireland 3, Singapore 2, South

Korea 1, Sweden 5, Switzerland 5

--NATIONS WITH PARTIAL OR TOTAL BANS ON PORK IMPORTS: China, Indonesia,

Lebanon, Russia, Thailand, Ukraine

--NAME: Swine flu (which is different from a disease contracted only by pigs

known as swine fever). Because pork is banned under Jewish law, Israel is

calling it "Mexican flu." J

The World Organization for Animal Health says the virus is a mix of avian,

swine and human viruses and has not been isolated in animals yet.

It recommends "North American influenza".
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2009
@Robby That photo is too big.

@Speedie Humpie Did Israel really say it was calling it "Mexican flu" because pork is banned? If so, that's so stupid. Is it because they'd be "consuming" a delicious flu perhaps for the last time? :roll: Is Miss Piggy banned in Israel? :?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
Yes they did, that is from Platts new agency, an inimpeachable source.

It just shows you the lunacy that is religion.

Robby your picture of 'me' is screwing with the thread... arghh :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2009
nice pic of ongbak :D
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Yes they did, that is from Platts new agency, an inimpeachable source.

It just shows you the lunacy that is religion.

Robby your picture of 'me' is screwing with the thread... arghh :D

Done ;)
RobbyG

Apr 29, 2009
Hello everyone. The last report I had, it is one number below global pandemic. Some one on another form figured they were packing the flu south across the USA border into Mexico. Who knows. I bet they do ship alot of animals there to use cheap Mexican labour at the meat packing companies. The bug is spreading fast. I heard there is no danger to eat pork, but you should cook it throughly. Seems like the bug can show up almost anywhere now.Image
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 29, 2009
Please tell me why would the US wants to 'pack' a virus across the Mexican border, considering the vast number of people that cross it both ways every day?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2009
Mass farming that creates overpopulation of animals in terrible conditions is always the perfect breeding ground for disease. As well, the regular administration of antibiotics etc. to try to keep the animals healthy can contribute to superbugs that are very difficult to treat. (Although antibiotics have nothing to do with flu viruses as everyone should already know.)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 29, 2009
Yes it's over administration of antibiotics to pigs in Europe that is being blamed for the hospital superbugs in the UK (I'm reading some opinion that it's because the UK didn't do enough to test imported animals, mainly as commercial vets were seemingly in the pocket of big business), and these superbugs are now even being transmitted outside of hospitals.

If pigs are so clean why the need for so much antibiotics? I never heard of this with sheep or cattle.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2009
I think all mass farmed animals are given antibiotic injections or it is put in their feed. I need to check on this, may be different laws in Europe vs North America etc.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 29, 2009
kanelli wrote:I think all mass farmed animals are given antibiotic injections or it is put in their feed. I need to check on this, may be different laws in Europe vs North America etc.

Food regulation in Western Europe is very strict. I believe it was more strict that the US.

The US allows hormones in animal food that gets them bigger and fatter cows and other cattle for mass production to supply that steak and burgers.

Europe checks a bit stricter on hormone supplements and will not be allowed if it speeds up growth and such. They bring a greater chance of disease and malgrowth. I don't know the exact facts, but this is what I read a few years back.

Antibiotics are used for every cattle in large populations. I think its like a Pest control method. Safety of the livestock.
RobbyG

May 02, 2009
I know the cure for the swine flu. Just say to yourself "I don't have time to get sick. I have other things to do." The swine flu will then move on to a scared victim.

Whenever I feel a cold coming, I tell it to go away. At the worst, I've been sick for 24 hours. *knocks on wood*
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2009
mmmm there's someone in our office, who keeps coughing and coughing, it's been getting progressively worse the last few weeks. They refuse to go to the doctors. Not cool!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2009
A cough lasting for weeks? Why won't he/she see a doctor?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat