Stranger Moves Into Foreclosed Home...

Topic locked
Stranger moves into foreclosed home... Jul 19, 2011
...citing little-knownTexas law.

With all the recent talk of strange US (proposed) laws. Here is one that does exsits. All I've got to say is what a crafty SOB !

http://www.khou.com/home/Stranger-moves ... s-law.html

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Stranger moves into foreclosed home... Jul 20, 2011
There's a similar 'squatters rights' in the UK.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Stranger Moves Into Foreclosed Home... Jul 20, 2011
Well, the owners walked away from the house and never returned, and the mortgage company closed down. Essentially it is an empty house completely in limbo with no one to take possession now or in the future. I say it was pretty smart for him to make that move using that law to support him. I'm sure many would be jealous that he may be able to keep a $300,000 house for free while they are paying their mortgages every month.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Stranger moves into foreclosed home... Jul 20, 2011
If you watch the video I think it's pretty obvious what the problem is for the neighbors. I'm sure if anyone of them could do the same they wouldn't hesitate. I think it's more about him not being right for the neighborhood - Ooooops!!!!, there goes the neighborhood. Good on him and I hope he enjoys living there!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Stranger Moves Into Foreclosed Home... Jul 20, 2011
They are just kicking themselves that they didn't think of it first, classic case of sour grapes. I bet from now on a lot of people will be looking for abadoned houses in Texas !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat