Stay Tabs!

Topic locked
Stay Tabs! Mar 16, 2007
WTF is a stay tab some of you might be saying.

You will need to go to the shop and purchase a can on Mirinda.

They usually have a pull tab / ring pull that is removed before drinking the contents.

However... today, low and behold, I see one with with a stay tab!

Now that's progress.

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 17, 2007
You must be Concord. Progress not.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2007
I am surprised that Chocs hasn't supported me with this serious thread about saving the environment.

You see,
Stay tabs were introduced to softdrink cans back in the 70's to prevent people discarding the ring pulls on the ground.

Before this, ring pulls were all over the beaches and parks etc. Then one day the drinks companies decided to change the design. Not, to save money, but to help the environment.

It seems that the UAE drinks companies have now decided to implement this design, which is a good move.

All they need to do now is convince people to put their empty cans in the rubbish bin.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 19, 2007
I don't throw pull tabs anywhere. If i don't have a bag i put it inside my pocket until i reach home or i keep on holding it until i can find a thrash bin.

It's about education and people's attitude. Since it's kinda hard to educate people, business moguls are taking their initiative to help save the environment. Carrefour is an example, but the thing is some people don't pay Dhs2/- for that blue bag. Worst, some don't know its purpose.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat