Somebody Please (part II).................................

Topic locked
Somebody please (part II)................................. Jun 13, 2010
Tell me they have read herver jaubert’s book and give us a short review of it.

Considering he has written as many words on dubaiforums as he has in his overpriced paperback

And for the movie (if it ever gets passed the planning stage) I can already envision it. B Grade less than 6 million USD vanity project, one/sixth of which will be funded by herve the millionaire protagonist. Do you really think they will gain amnesty to shoot in Dubai or the gulf? LMAO . Picture Mexicans as Arabs and a French midget p<3n star in sailor suit as 'erve with herve playing a bit-piece side role like Quentin tarantino. But it ain’t no pulp fiction I can assure you that :lol:

godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Somebody Please (part II)............................... Jun 13, 2010
Read it ...

I think that it will make a movie, however I think that you are missing the general message, one that the book delivers and one that a movie will hammer home, regardless of whether it has a cast of mexican lokals and midget p0rn stars - the resultant ridicule will be directed at those who turned Dubai into the laughing stock that it now is and moreover highlight the inherent risks that exist in doing business in the UAE.

I am only too well aware that those landlocked by design or circumstance tend to view Dubai and the UAE differently from the rest of the world but you only have to spend 4 weeks away in a working environment to get a sense of who that place is viewed.

Even SATC 2 draws reference .. "Dubai, Its finished.." and I don't mean that the Burj Khalifa (sic) is fully constructed

:D
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Somebody please (part II)............................... Jun 13, 2010
Congrats Herve for a book well wriiten.

Only because, Viking Warrior’s opinion does carry a lot of weight as he’s a wise ol’ seasoned veteran.

VW when you wrote SATC 2 I was left pondering for a moment thinking it’s some basel II document out there on financial arbitration with Bedouins or something. Managed to figure out it was S.x and the city you were referring to after a minute ! :lol:
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

viking-warrior wrote:Read it ...

I think that it will make a movie, however I think that you are missing the general message, one that the book delivers and one that a movie will hammer home, regardless of whether it has a cast of mexican lokals and midget p0rn stars - the resultant ridicule will be directed at those who turned Dubai into the laughing stock that it now is and moreover highlight the inherent risks that exist in doing business in the UAE.

Totally agree. Look at all the publicity Abu Dhabi is getting with the "S.ex in the City" film. In the movie they claim to be in "Abu Dhabi". AD added to the publicity when it made a statement that indeed there was no filming of the movie in AD. They went as far as banning the movie in the UAE because of the "misrepresentation". How many films are done in one location and in the movie claims to be another?

When Herve announced his experience on the forum I think it was just bad timing on his part. Things were going well here at the time. Had he waited a bit longer when all the crap started to hit the fan, alot of people would have been putting in their advanced order for his book. Now is his time. The timing for the film is perfect, assuming they get it wrapped up before Dubai is a vague memory.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:The timing for the film is perfect, assuming they get it wrapped up before Dubai is a vague memory.

Dubai?

I vaguely remember that...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat