Solving Traffic Problems In Dubai The 7days Way

Topic locked
May 17, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:U never read comics DK? And I thought u're into sci-fi :P

Fear not! Yes I am a huge comics fan too and very familiar with The Flash. Originally into the original Commando series mags and the work of a guy call Ed Mcbain and Ron Embleton (Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire).Was totally into Spidey and the Fantastic Four, particularly the artwork, but moved onto the work of Mort Drucker (Mad Magazine) and Ralph Bellamy. Any Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers fans out there?

Mags rock!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 17, 2006
Geez you must be old. Commando has a different meaning to me than comic books!! :D :D :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2006
GAB wrote:Geez you must be old. Commando has a different meaning to me than comic books!! :D :D :D

Still means the same to me too sweetie!

But the Commando comic books were a currency all of their own...mind you we are talking when you were a mere twinkle in yer Dads eye!!!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Solving traffic problems in Dubai the 7days way May 18, 2006
sharewadi wrote:Ya gotta love this newspaper. Funniest letters I've read in a long time. This one suggests a novel solution (although it's not without precedent). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As an aside, apparently a journalist visiting Saudi a couple of years back asked a police official (the chief of police I think) why women weren't allowed to drive. The reply was that it would be dangerous because they can't see properly through their veils. Ahah. Good point :shock: .

Brave reader calls for female driving ban

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Published on: Saturday, 13th May, 2006 | Permanent Link | no responses

The solution to traffic congestion is very simple and has been working and proven in Saudi Arabia for years.

Ban all females from the roads completely.

They can stay at home where they belong.

And of course that has the added benefit of keeping them out of our offices and enticing good hard-working men who need to put in eight or ten hours of hard work before going straight home for their properly cooked dinners.

And there is another benefit - No more junk food: No more fast take-aways.

From a [UK] man of our times
Abu Dhabi
THIS IS THE MOST STUPID THING THAT I EVER HEARED IN MY LIFE! and the one who wrote this article is the greatest looser on EARTh. :evil: "we should ban women from driving" WE? who the hell he thinks he is? GOD?, i bet his looser AS$ that his blind 90 y mother drives batter than him :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2006
GAB wrote:Geez you must be old. Commando has a different meaning to me than comic books!! :D :D :D

Gabsy

shame on you :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
arniegang

May 18, 2006
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2006
Yes Gabs

I know that you know and you know that i know you know

arniegang

May 18, 2006
arniegang wrote:Yes Gabs

I know that you know and you know that i know you know

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Solving traffic problems in Dubai the 7days way May 18, 2006
alexandra wrote:THIS IS THE MOST STUPID THING THAT I EVER HEARED IN MY LIFE! and the one who wrote this article is the greatest looser on EARTh. :evil: "we should ban women from driving" WE? who the hell he thinks he is? GOD?, i bet his looser AS$ that his blind 90 y mother drives batter than him :twisted:

It was a letter, not an article. Perhaps my topic title was a bit misleading.

Anyway, as was pointed out, that's what they do in Saudi. Imagine how much worse their accident statistics would be if these reckless females were let loose on the roads there...

Saw your letter C the next day - presume it was yours. Very good :).
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 18, 2006
Male drivers are rubbish!

DK, off topic did you ever read the book, 'The death and life of Superman'?

It was awsome!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 18, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Male drivers are rubbish!

DK, off topic did you ever read the book, 'The death and life of Superman'?

It was awsome!

Book awesome! Male drivers are even more awesome...name me one female Formula 1 driver? Actually, name me one lady Formula 2, 3 or any other formula?

Louise Aitken Walker has given up rallying so there are currently NO female top drivers...apart from one girl in Karts in the US...

...and she crashed and is out for the rest of the season!

Statistics speak for themselves!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 18, 2006
That's not proper everyday driving though is it. It's just my balls are bigger and hairier than yours guy contests.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 18, 2006
:lol: You are the best Choc!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:That's not proper everyday driving though is it.

You're joking right? We are supposed to drive like that here? Aren't we :? ? Uh oh...
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 18, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Book awesome! Male drivers are even more awesome...name me one female Formula 1 driver? Actually, name me one lady Formula 2, 3 or any other formula?

Louise Aitken Walker has given up rallying so there are currently NO female top drivers...apart from one girl in Karts in the US...

...and she crashed and is out for the rest of the season!

Statistics speak for themselves!

Knight

DK - I have to kind of agree with you there. Certainly there are no top female racing drivers - but why is that?

Ok, It is obvious that men and women cannot compete equally and fairly at sports such as tennis, football and golf. A man's stronger physical build gives quite an advantage is sports such as those. But Motor Racing? I would have thought its one of those sports where the physical demands are such that men and women could compete - because its as much about brain power as any physical movements (though my dad always tells me that the very top drivers have something missing in their brains - the bit which stops them if it looks like they are driving into oblivion!). Surely this is the same with sports like Pool/Snooker, Darts etc - but yet they are all dominated by men too. Any ideas why anyone??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 18, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:That's not proper everyday driving though is it. It's just my balls are bigger and hairier than yours guy contests.

Just like Dubai then!

Possibly the most skilful driving technique is rallying where you have to negotiate slippery corners at high speed, jump over stuff and generally tear-arse around the countryside whilst listening to a constant stream of commentary from the person in the passenger seat telling you what to do even though they are not in control of the car...

So rallying=a trip to Spinneys with the other half!!!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 18, 2006
" you have to negotiate slippery corners at high speed, jump over stuff and generally tear-arse around the countryside whilst listening to a constant stream of commentary from the person in the passenger seat telling you what to do even though they are not in control"

Sounds like a night of s.e.x. for you DK! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:That's not proper everyday driving though is it. It's just my balls are bigger and hairier than yours guy contests.

You see, I have to disagree with you there.
Driving is a skill - and those guys in Formula One are the most skilled at it - its more than just driving as fast as you can - its about instincts. Its about reactions - and how quick you can react to rapidly changing circumstances in front of you. A racing driver whose reactions are quick enough to perceive how to avoid an incident ahead, is going to be the one still out on the track - and those same principles can be transfered to driving out on the roads - all drivers need to react quickly to avoid incidents - we all do it probably hundreds of times a day - just that some are better at it than others (note I didn't say that men or women are better!).
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 18, 2006
GAB wrote:" you have to negotiate slippery corners at high speed, jump over stuff and generally tear-arse around the countryside whilst listening to a constant stream of commentary from the person in the passenger seat telling you what to do even though they are not in control"

Sounds like a night of s.e.x. for you DK! :lol:

Have you been talking to that Arnie again? I was trying to work out how the quote referred to my s.e.x life as I am trying recall the last time I was 'in flagrante delecto' in a car...ah yes it had wooden wheels and there was a little man walking in front with a red flag!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 18, 2006
You only need to do one thing in order to be an excellent driver: PAY ATTENTION!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 18, 2006
Concord wrote:You only need to do one thing in order to be an excellent driver: PAY ATTENTION!

If you don't mind me saying - that's utter rubbish!! You need more than just being able to pay attention! You need to be able to take in and respond to what is happening around you. Just paying attention doesn't cover that!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 18, 2006
the_zooter wrote:.... You need to be able to take in and respond to what is happening around you. Just paying attention doesn't cover that!

Unless you are paying attention you cannot respond! Having the fastest known response time won't do you squat if you are not paying attention (thus no opportunity to respond). Just pay attention and all will be fine.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 18, 2006
Ignore Zooter Conc,

He's just bein a smartarse cos he got the best parking time.

arniegang

May 18, 2006
arniegang wrote:Ignore Zooter Conc,

He's just bein a smartarse cos he got the best parking time.

Ya mon. I thought he sounded like a Valet.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 18, 2006
:o :o :o :o :o :o
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 18, 2006
Ah ah Conc

I think you hit the nail on the head. Zoots didnt get the job when he came over. I reckon he ran over a dog or cat on his parking exam. That explains all now.

No doubt Mall of the Emirates will give him another go now that he has "honed" his parking skills.

arniegang

May 18, 2006
arniegang wrote:Ah ah Conc

I think you hit the nail on the head. Zoots didnt get the job when he came over. I reckon he ran over a dog or cat on his parking exam. That explains all now.

No doubt Mall of the Emirates will give him another go now that he has "honed" his parking skills.

Ha bloody ha!!

You can go off people ya know!! :roll:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2006
I hated you the moment you got such a fekin high score, buddy no more haaaaaaaaaaaa

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 19, 2006
arniegang wrote:I hated you the moment you got such a fekin high score, buddy no more haaaaaaaaaaaa

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:It's just my balls are bigger and hairier than yours guy contests.

Correction - balls need to be smaller to minimize weight and hairless to reduce drag coefficient.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat