Soap Or Shower Gel...

Topic locked
Soap or Shower Gel... Jun 19, 2011
My sister heard that I like a certain product line ("beauty" stuff) so she gave me some shower gel as a gift.

She was surprised when I said I prefer soap. In fact, I travel a lot and always pack soap as most hotels do not provide soap for the shower (just face soap).

What's your preference?

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Soap or Shower Gel... Jun 19, 2011
Shower gel. Soaps go all messy and gooey, not the best to travel with and collect hairs and stuff - yuck.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Welcome back Ambassador, long time no post. I thought you may forgotten your log in again.

When I'm in Dubai, I always shower, so it's shower gel for me here, but when at home, I bathe at night and shower in the morning. I prefer soap in the bath. My preference is Chanel No5, but it's a bit pricey at £13.00 or so a bar. Needless to say Beth is forbidden to use it since she left it in the bath one day and it all but dissolved. I buy Cussons Imperial Leather for her, mainly because it has that label thing stuck to it and I know it gets on her nerves. It's my way of paying her back.

I don't mind which shower gel I buy, I bought a nice lime one from M&S recently.

BM's Mr Emirati is partial to a Lavender shower gel. I always thought that was a but girly. The smell of lavender always reminds me of my grandmother, old and dead.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Ambassador wrote:My sister heard that I like a certain product line ("beauty" stuff) so she gave me some shower gel as a gift.

She was surprised when I said I prefer soap. In fact, I travel a lot and always pack soap as most hotels do not provide soap for the shower (just face soap).

What's your preference?

First, welcome back. (Have you been attending intense cooking classes?? :lol: )

Second, (or maybe should be first?) you need to upgrade the hotels you stay in. :wink: :wink:

Third, my preference is shower gel as there are so many that I can chose my "mood". But there are some soaps out there that are quite lovely, such as L'Occitane - great product.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Shower gel. Soaps go all messy and gooey, not the best to travel with and collect hairs and stuff - yuck.

I'm with Chocs on this one, I prefer shower gel, specifically from the Soap&Glory line. I like all their products come to think of it :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bora Bora wrote:my preference is shower gel as there are so many that I can chose my "mood".

Women and their moods, eh ? Even in the shower they have to be moody :D

Men : Hooga booga, Ugh ! Me dirty, must make cleaning, where thing which make clean ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:my preference is shower gel as there are so many that I can chose my "mood".

Men : Hooga booga, Ugh ! Me dirty, must make cleaning, where thing which make clean ?

So it's Fairy Washing Up Liquid for you munchkin?
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:

Here you go DDS..............

If you want, you can borrow Shaf's favorite:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Soap Or Shower Gel... Jun 19, 2011
Ounga Munga ! Ugh ! Use leaves and stone instead, make good cleaning.
desertdudeshj

I travel very frequently with cabin baggage. Try getting gel through security.

I have soaps from various hotels in the world where you cant beat the Burj Al Arab for their collection of soaps, aftershaves etc. Nothing on the shelf when I check out.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

drewpeacock wrote:I have soaps from various hotels in the world where you cant beat the Burj Al Arab for their collection of soaps, aftershaves etc. Nothing on the shelf when I check out.

Gilchrist and Soames if I remember rightly Drew.
Bethsmum

I always have the question about how hygienic a soap bar is when used for your whole body. When something unhygienic touches a hygienic soap bar, does the soap bar become unhygienic or is it hygienic because a soap bar makes everything hygienic. Too many question, I use gel.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:I always have the question about how hygienic a soap bar is when used for your whole body. When something unhygienic touches a hygienic soap bar, does the soap bar become unhygienic or is it hygienic because a soap bar makes everything hygienic. Too many question, I use gel.

my ocd tendencies wants to make friends with you.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

What a funny question and yet am also taking time to reply, even funnier :-)
FusionO
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

FusionO wrote:What a funny question and yet am also taking time to reply, even funnier :-)

You didn't give us your answer Fusion! Are you soap or gel?
Bethsmum

Re: Soap or Shower Gel... Jun 20, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:
Ambassador wrote:My sister heard that I like a certain product line ("beauty" stuff) so she gave me some shower gel as a gift.

What's your preference?

First, welcome back. (Have you been attending intense cooking classes?? :lol: )

Second, (or maybe should be first?) you need to upgrade the hotels you stay in. :wink: :wink:

Third, my preference is shower gel as there are so many that I can chose my "mood". But there are some soaps out there that are quite lovely, such as L'Occitane - great product.

Thanks.

No it is not that...and even where the soap is available it is not what I like.

Yes indeed... all I use wink:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Soap or Shower Gel... Jun 20, 2011
which ever is closest to my reach in the shower, the place is stacked with gels and soaps
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Soap Or Shower Gel... Jun 21, 2011
I like lavender or tea tree oil castile soap - liquid, not bar.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Soap or Shower Gel... Jun 23, 2011
Bethsmum wrote: The smell of lavender always reminds me of my grandmother, old and dead.

kanelli wrote:I like lavender

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat