Singles Living In Designated Area's!

Topic locked
Singles living in designated area's! Sep 18, 2006
There was a letter in the 7 days today stating that the authorities believe that singles should live in designated areas in Dubai. GIVE ME A BREAK! With grown children of my own which earn good salaries they should be able to live where in the hell they want to live. Many singles have the opportunity to move abroad (as they do not have families yet) and are HUGE contributors to the economy here! What in the hell are you thinking? What will the landlord's of Dubai do when they can not find anyone to move into their beautiful, elaborate villa's, high rises, and apartments??????????? What a stupid, ignorant remark or even thought!
It is things like this that totally behoove me!

If a single person moves to the area, I'm sure they don't want to live by families, but with the limitations on accomodations available, they should have the CHOICE!!!
Just my opinion. What is yours?

dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Singles living in designated area's! Sep 18, 2006
dubai girl wrote:There was a letter in the 7 days today stating that the authorities believe that singles should live in designated areas in Dubai. GIVE ME A BREAK! With grown children of my own which earn good salaries they should be able to live where in the hell they want to live. Many singles have the opportunity to move abroad (as they do not have families yet) and are HUGE contributors to the economy here! What in the hell are you thinking? What will the landlord's of Dubai do when they can not find anyone to move into their beautiful, elaborate villa's, high rises, and apartments??????????? What a stupid, ignorant remark or even thought!

If a single person moves to the area, I'm sure they don't want to live by families, but with the limitations on accomodations available, they should have the CHOICE!!!

well they dont want ppl to b homo and tehy want to divide residences by marital status! Gimem a break

Wait a min! It will be good in some ways cos we will knw who is single and ready to mingle and dont need a dating service! :twisted:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
Because of prostitutes and gay's?
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 18, 2006
also some are complaining 'bout the bachelors/bachelorettes disturbing the neighborhood serene environment! ie creating a lot of noise in the midnight after a night out blah blah

me too i dont like the idea...
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2006
Well this IS dubai, so we should expect silly proposals like that. :wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2006
i have a solution:

*clears throat*

all single arab men can apply to live with me. send me a cv and about 3-5 photos of yourself....two of which must show me something interesting....*cough* :lol:

no completely nude photos though, bleh.

also, i want to know how old you are and from what country you are from. only men from lebanon, palestine, and uae need apply.

the lucky guy will get to live with me then!

hows that to solve all those problems with singles. :twisted:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i have a solution:

*clears throat*

all single arab men can apply to live with me. send me a cv and about 3-5 photos of yourself....two of which must show me something interesting....*cough* :lol:

also, i want to know how old you are and from what country you are from. only men from lebanon, palestine, and uae need apply.

hahahaha.....good one
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
Why not just lock everyone in cages after they have finished work each day :(
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 18, 2006
don't rush it S&O'.. :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 18, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Why not just lock everyone in cages after they have finished work each day :(

:D :D :D :D :) :D :D :D good one.. S&O wow what a fucked up law.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 19, 2006
what can we do ... :twisted:
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 19, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i have a solution:

*clears throat*

U must be a very big apartment..........
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 19, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Why not just lock everyone in cages after they have finished work each day :(

They probably already do but these are called "labor camps" bit more "roomy" than a cage but...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Singles living in designated area's! Sep 19, 2006
dubai girl wrote:There was a letter in the 7 days today stating that the authorities believe that singles should live in designated areas in Dubai. GIVE ME A BREAK! With grown children of my own which earn good salaries they should be able to live where in the hell they want to live. Many singles have the opportunity to move abroad (as they do not have families yet) and are HUGE contributors to the economy here! What in the hell are you thinking? What will the landlord's of Dubai do when they can not find anyone to move into their beautiful, elaborate villa's, high rises, and apartments??????????? What a stupid, ignorant remark or even thought!

Well I do agree with u to a certain extent !! but I think they only force it on singles who are classified as unskilled labour like construction workers. !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Sep 19, 2006
Palkid has hit the nail on the head.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 19, 2006
hmm but why would you have a law about that its not like these poor guys can live in the springs !!!!

Anyway i just wanted to point out that naturally most cities tend to have areas that are hip and attractive to single people and others that become attractive to families and such. I mean in Dubai if you are single you are much more likely to be living on Sheikh Zayed road than in a villa in the meadows. But ya putting a law about this is very retarded.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
Well, they could live in the Springs and Meadows if there were enough guys sharing the place. They could have over 50 guys sharing the same place or camping outside, for example. This is what has been happening in some villas in residential areas in other parts of Dubai.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 19, 2006
kanelli wrote:Well, they could live in the Springs and Meadows if there were enough guys sharing the place. They could have over 50 guys sharing the same place or camping outside, for example. This is what has been happening in some villas in residential areas in other parts of Dubai.

well i would think if you had 50 guys in a villa you would be breaking many laws :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
That is why they are cracking down :D But finding affordable accommodation is what is so difficult for these men who are just trying to send enough money home to support their families.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 19, 2006
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
:( :( :(
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 19, 2006
i hate to break it to everyone, but dubai has actually been zoned like this for years! they only break out the big stick though when it suits them.

most of dubai is zoned in to usage areas, agricultural, commercial, labour accomodation, family accomodation etc...

areas such as al quoz is designated for light indistrial and commercial, satwa is actually (if memory serves me correctly) zoned for family accomodation... whenever things get out of hand (as sage says) and there is to much "lewd" behaviour the city fathers simply invoke the law and have them evicted.

Jumerieh is a prime example, it is designated for family accomodation, although there are plenty of people sharing or sub-letting villas... as long as they behave and don't upset the neighbours there is nothing to worry about!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat