Should Workers Be Banned From Jumeirah Beach Park On Friday?

Topic locked

Should workers be banned from Jumeirah Beach Park on Friday?

No (I love the smell of curry and being swarmed by hundreds of people bathing in clothes)
33%
Yes (I want to help the poor worker save 5 dhs)
67%

Total votes : 12

Should workers be banned from Jumeirah Beach Park on Friday? Sep 28, 2009
First off I know updates have been slow lately (it's called having a life, try it), so some of you have taken this as an invitation for you to spew some more weak аss self-righteous bullshit replies. Even if I suddenly had a lapse in judgement and decided that it would be a good idea to read what you idiots wrote, I think I would come to my senses as soon as I read the first few, seeing that's it's the same rhetorical drivel you've regurgitated a thousand times.

Now on to the topic, I'm sure some of you have been dragged to the beach by a friend on a weekend only to find that it has already been swarmed with hundreds of indian/pakistani construction workers.

Note that doesn't sound so bad, until you realize that these people have probably never taken a bath in their lives and though it would be a good idea to go swimming with their clothes on. They also suffer from a severe staring problem, you could spot the highest concentration around the 3 or 4 unfortunate females that were trying to relax on the beach.

We literally spend 30 seconds on the beach before making a full retreat back to JBR walk, which was much less infested. Why are these people allowed inside the park when there are perfectly fine free beaches right next to it fully catered to their needs (i.e. nothing).

For a change in pace I will not be replying to ad-hominems (I will however pick a winner for stupidest reply, so stay tuned), if you're too stupid to debate intelligibly then you should be banned from the beach as well.

Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2009
Ooeer this will pull the PC brigade out in full force,me well my familly and my self stopped using public beaches years ago got sick and tired of watching men prance about in see thru white shreddies and the constant staring which my wife and daughter had to endure, Banning is a bit harse i found that having a nice civilised chat with them made them a bit more enlightend.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Should workers be banned from Jumeirah Beach Park on Fri Sep 28, 2009
Medvezhonok wrote:First off I know updates have been slow lately (it's called having a life, try it), so some of you have taken this as an invitation for you to spew some more weak аss self-righteous bullshit replies. Even if I suddenly had a lapse in judgement and decided that it would be a good idea to read what you idiots wrote, I think I would come to my senses as soon as I read the first few, seeing that's it's the same rhetorical drivel you've regurgitated a thousand times.

Now on to the topic, I'm sure some of you have been dragged to the beach by a friend on a weekend only to find that it has already been swarmed with hundreds of indian/pakistani construction workers.

Note that doesn't sound so bad, until you realize that these people have probably never taken a bath in their lives and though it would be a good idea to go swimming with their clothes on. They also suffer from a severe staring problem, you could spot the highest concentration around the 3 or 4 unfortunate females that were trying to relax on the beach.

We literally spend 30 seconds on the beach before making a full retreat back to JBR walk, which was much less infested. Why are these people allowed inside the park when there are perfectly fine free beaches right next to it fully catered to their needs (i.e. nothing).

For a change in pace I will not be replying to ad-hominems (I will however pick a winner for stupidest reply, so stay tuned), if you're too stupid to debate intelligibly then you should be banned from the beach as well.

I think you meant to post this in the RACISM section.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
busa wrote:Ooeer this will pull the PC brigade out in full force,me well my familly and my self stopped using public beaches years ago got sick and tired of watching men prance about in see thru white shreddies and the constant staring which my wife and daughter had to endure, Banning is a bit harse i found that having a nice civilised chat with them made them a bit more enlightend.

Goes with the territory.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
busa wrote:Ooeer this will pull the PC brigade out in full force,me well my familly and my self stopped using public beaches years ago got sick and tired of watching men prance about in see thru white shreddies and the constant staring which my wife and daughter had to endure, Banning is a bit harse i found that having a nice civilised chat with them made them a bit more enlightend.

Yes you can try talking to them, unfortunately they speak little to no English and usually outnumber you 200 to 1.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2009
Unfortunately the ban isn't work that way.
There was a similar situation in some Sharjah beach hotels a few years ago. They imposed a ban for single guys for day visit due to a lot of complaints from female gusts.
At the beginning they rejected browns but allowed respectable whites then they start banning every single guy.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 28, 2009
Indeed, it will be difficult to set up a straight up ban. One solution would be to raise the admission fee on weekends from 5 dhs to lets say 50 dhs including a chair and an umbrella, although I hate umbrellas, sunscreen and anything that gets between me and the sun. So you'd get on average 10 times less people and 10 times cleaner people while maintaining the same revenue. Holy shіt I should be king!
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2009
hey - at least they are hundred times better than the pervert lebanese who try to hump anything that walks.
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
Medvezhonok wrote:First off I know updates have been slow lately (it's called having a life, try it), so some of you have taken this as an invitation for you to spew some more weak аss self-righteous bullshit replies. Even if I suddenly had a lapse in judgement and decided that it would be a good idea to read what you idiots wrote, I think I would come to my senses as soon as I read the first few, seeing that's it's the same rhetorical drivel you've regurgitated a thousand times.

:D True! Don't forget to add aftermath of their presence is plastic and filth strewn all over the place. Then again it's not just the labourers who litter the place.
Makes you wonder where's the squealing Indian media now? Those buggers at the drop of a hat cry racism and foul. Hypocrites!

Seriously the onus should be upon the Indian and other respective embassies to educate these people with basic etiquette. Unless the respective governments take an initiative ur just gonna have to skip the beach.
A ban is not politically correct and is hence not plausable!

To all the squealors out there:- No this is not racism and probably has nothing to do with you. So don't get all defensive and start a cultural flame war here.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2009
On the flip side, let this be a thread that's unbiased. I'm sure a lot of other nationalities out there are equally guilty of lewd conduct. Don't hesitate, expose those nationalities as well :wink: :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2009
whats the difference between the guy staring at your chick and the guy who looks at your chick through the corner of his eye, on the beach?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2009
qdabdul wrote:hey - at least they are hundred times better than the pervert lebanese who try to hump anything that walks.

If you are referring to the fiasco in Australia, the guy was simply hitting on the girl. I'm sure many of us have done that.

But, what happened afterwards was a complete disaster. I doubt Lebanese people will be able to restore their image in Aussie ever again.
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
A ban is a bit harsh. You have to remember that these guys only get Fridays off and usually a half day at that! It is their only chance to go somewhere else, added to the fact that they haven't seen their wives, girlfriends etc in years and what do you expect?

A little education about proper behaviour wouldn't go a miss.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:A ban is a bit harsh. You have to remember that these guys only get Fridays off and usually a half day at that! It is their only chance to go somewhere else, added to the fact that they haven't seen their wives, girlfriends etc in years and what do you expect?

got to agree there. I also think that there should be two separate beaches i.e one public beach for all and one for those who dont like to be stared at. the bloody beach is so long am sure they can divide it up into 2 bits :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:A ban is a bit harsh. You have to remember that these guys only get Fridays off and usually a half day at that! It is their only chance to go somewhere else, added to the fact that they haven't seen their wives, girlfriends etc in years and what do you expect?

now that's a sensible post. Chocs I don't now why they pickon you.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:

now that's a sensible post. Chocs I don't now why they pickon you.

abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2009
Well if people want private beaches then they can always go to the hotels/clubs and pay a bit more to have the privacy they're looking for. I always used to go to the beach park and loved it, but now I've found a couple of cheapo clubs to go to, mainly because I do water sports at the weekends, but it's a little bit of santuary.

There has to be some way to make it work for all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 29, 2009
Nice to see that so far 100% of the people who voted support the ban. A less harsh solution - as I have stated previously - would be to increase the price slightly to weed out a good percentage of these people. There needs to be a good medium between the ridiculously priced hotel beaches and the public ones.

I'm still stumped as how JBR beach, although free, is much less infested then the beach park, it was very tolerable on the weekend.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2009
Interesting! Maybe it's because the beach park has shaded areas and grass as opposed to just a stretch of open sand.

I still don't think a ban is a good idea. Education and beach patrols are whats needed.

Hey I object to seeing oiled, buffed up Lebo guys with teeny weeny speedos on prancing up and down the beach - blurgh
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Interesting! Maybe it's because the beach park has shaded areas and grass as opposed to just a stretch of open sand.

I still don't think a ban is a good idea. Education and beach patrols are whats needed.

Hey I object to seeing oiled, buffed up Lebo guys with teeny weeny speedos on prancing up and down the beach - blurgh

Edited - MOD
medvezhonok3
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 11, 2009
I have nothing to repute with the OP and even commend him on his tone. This, by far is the #1 thing I hate about living here (and it's a very short yet potent list). I also, for the first time, agree wholeheartedly with MCL.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 11, 2009
This is why my GF and I stay in more often than not. Sometimes I almost wish she were Arab/Muslim so she would wear an abaya (she agrees)
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 12, 2009
Sad to see so many narrow minded opinions, without people bothering to look at why these things happen.

And you don't have to be muslim to cover up!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 12, 2009
Choco if this doesn't drive you into a fit of rage then you must not be having this problem. I can only imagine what it must be like for a woman to to feel the eyes of these low lifes undressing them up and down but as a man I can tell you that it boils me to see them staring, ogling and drooling over women with absolutely no shame whatsoever.

I don't care what their situation is, where they come from or how long they've gone without a woman. It's called human decency and these uncivilized rags have none. Do you think their embassay is going to make any progress in 'educating' them? Yeah right. They don't have to be perfect gentlemen, just have to not be dogs. And this is an ability, my dear, that EVERY man has.

BTW, seeing a non-muslim in an abaya is just retarded.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 12, 2009
erm and how would you know whether they were muslim or not? Not all muslims are arabs you know. And there are other ways to cover up :roll: geez talk about zero imagination.

No I don't have that problem, because I simply don't go to those places anymore.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 12, 2009
I mentioned my GF wearing an abaya. You introduced the idea of covering up, not what I was talking about. Where do you get the idea of my saying all Muslims were Arab?

Being a Mod doesn't give you the right to be rude Miss Thang.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 13, 2009
Dude, being a mod has nothing to do with the way I express my opinion, get over that fact!

Go back and read your posts again and see why I might have come to that conclusion. Wearing an abaya is covering up no? Well you can wear other things to make you feel more comfortable. But the real easy solution is if you don't like it, don't go there!

But as I keep saying there is an underlying issue here, that you seem incapable of relating to of even understanding.

These beach parks are free for everyone! Just because someone isn't as 'educated' as you, hasn't seen their family in maybe three years and doesn't come into contact with other people because literally they go from labour camp to work and back again and only get one or even a half day off a week, does not mean that people should be penalized for it!

'If' there was ever an issue when I used to go, then we would confront them about their behaviour and make it clear that certain things are unacceptable!

Just because some thinks, acts. behaves differently to you or I, does not mean they should be punished for it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 13, 2009
"if you don't like it, don't go there! "

wait wait..

the beach is made for people to swim on, and for people to lounge around on.

so lets see it this way: Person A is a decent looking girl who wants to go to the beach to tan and swim for a bit.. Person B is a labourer who was not seen his wife in 3 years and wants to go to the beach so he can fondle himself over women who are in bathing suits..

..and by your 'logic', ur saying that Person A should go somewhere else??? who is abusing the properties of this place? Person A or B???

I have not been to any of Dubai's beaches but ive heard enough disgusting stories about what goes on there.. IT should be done like Abu Dhabi though...seperate the beach area from the street/walkways by heavy bushes that block the view, and charge single people 10 dirhams to get in, and free for women and families. those who want to walk and enjoy the scent of the sea get to do that, and those who want to swim get to do that as well, without anyone harassing them.

not everyone in dubai makes enough to afford the membership of a club.
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2009
I think they should set a price 20 dirham per family regardless of quantity of people. Such way they could maintain parks better and stop invasion.

Somebody always talks about "poor" laborers who have the only day a week to dump crap on the beaches and insult women. As a result women with children actually cannot visit the parks on Friday. Many of them also work and have only one or two days off.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 13, 2009
ahhh but you see the people who moan and complain can 9 times out of 10 afford to pay abit more and go to a more private place.

Also on the flipside, some of the swim suits or lack thereof that I have seen some people wearing are completely inappropriate - never mind guys wearing underpants that go see through when wet.

Sadly for many of you guys you only see black and white, there's a big grey area here and these places should be for everyone! Geez by the sounds of things if you had your way thse guys would work 7 days a week, be confined to their camps when they're not workin and never see the light of day!

Okay, so what would you suggest? A seperate beach for the workers? What, because I'd love to hear it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat