Should I Start Believing In Astrology?

Topic locked
Should I start believing in Astrology? Jan 04, 2007
First of all hey everyone, I am back to Dubai... Happy new year, yada yada...

So it's the beginning of a new year, so we have to put up as usual with the typical blabbering of Astrologists and Nostradamus-wannabe's.
The little difference this time is that at least 2 of the morons in Lebanon agreed that it would be the worst year for Virgos. Especially the 1st 3months of the year and another couple months which I forgot. Anyway, I was on a plane to Dubai on January 2nd. Started coughing. Badly. By the time I got home I was coughing every 30 secs. What do I find when I get to my building? Roadworks had blocked my car. I had to call a security guy to help me fill the gap in the road with stones and rocks to get my car out... So basically I got in bed at 3AM. Couldn't close my eyes because of the cough. So I wake up in the morning with my head up my a$$, and go to work. I stop on the way to a pharmacy and get some cough syrup.
At 10AM I start feeling funny. A colleague of mine touches my forehead and tells me that I am burning hot. So I leave the office and go back home. I have 39deg fever. I take a shower, do the whole workout basically. Fever goes down. I get some sleep. Wake up in the morning: 40deg fever, can barely stand on my feet. Luckily I managed to get an appointment with a doctor at 11hAM. Got me on antibiotics. Hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow...
I haven't been sick since I was 10 or so, so in case you would be wondering how this is a big deal for me, well it is! I had completely forgot what it felt like to have fever!

Anyway, on with the show. My mom who is a virgo too, is very sick too. And this morning our filipino maid, who happens to be a virgo too, was standing on a ladder with my mom holding it. She slips and falls from the top of the ladder. Goes to the hospital. Luckily she just got bruises, nothing broken... But still, big scare for everyone!

So yeah, a few days ago I was laughing at those morons and now , stuck in my bed, I am wondering if there isn't a little truth to it. Bah it must just be the fever. By tomorrow morning I'll just laugh it up...

Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 04, 2007
You gotta take it seriously Nick and stay locked away for the next 3 months or so, locked up in the same room with your Mum and the Maid, you will have to get another Maid (Not a Virgo) to feed the whole lot of you. After that we will see you back on the forum hopefully in April, that is if you survive your Mum and the Maid.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 04, 2007
I am a VIRGO and i am sick for the past 3 days, fever and coughing! Geez..

I hope predictions from astrologies for virgos aren't true. 2006 was a bad year for me and don't tell me 2007 too. :( :evil:

It is just coincidence i believe.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 04, 2007
asc_26 wrote:I am a VIRGO and i am sick for the past 3 days, fever and coughing! Geez..

I hope predictions from astrologies for virgos aren't true. 2006 was a bad year for me and don't tell me 2007 too. :( :evil:

It is just coincidence i believe.

You could always join Nick, his Mum and the Maid
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Jan 04, 2007
:shock:

what about taurus/gemeni...im a cusp...what happens to me!!?
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2007
happy new year to u also and welcome back.
sorry about that. i am not a virgo but i went through that also this past week. and it really is awful.hope u get well soon

about the astrology thing: even if the predictions r not 100% accurate there is always something that will make u "fit " ur sign :P , skeptical ur not.
after all astrology is a sience it's not only about the nostradamus wannabes.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 04, 2007
sage & onion wrote:You gotta take it seriously Nick and stay locked away for the next 3 months or so, locked up in the same room with your Mum and the Maid, you will have to get another Maid (Not a Virgo) to feed the whole lot of you. After that we will see you back on the forum hopefully in April, that is if you survive your Mum and the Maid.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
crazy man...u will make him panic now :shock:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 04, 2007
:evil: You will pay for your treachery S&O!!

:lol:
Nick81

Re: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Jan 04, 2007
cyrix wrote::shock:

what about taurus/gemeni...im a cusp...what happens to me!!?

here u go...general stuff http://www.astroprofile.com/

i am a cusp too and i always pay attention to both signs
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 04, 2007
Nick81 wrote::evil: You will pay for your treachery S&O!!

:lol:

Just trying to be helpfull old son, try this out and tell me how you get on :wink:

http://www.astroprofile.com/2007sunVirgo.htm
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

saturn and all the other planets! Jan 04, 2007
ok that was a long analysis on 2007 and all the planets determining my fate....but i think it will be a good year!....wohoooo!

and yes..apparently i will fall in love between april-june. :shock: ahahahahah
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2007
Guys , Guys ...EVERYONE IS SICK IN DUBAI ... me and ALL my colleagues , neighbors ,in the mall ..Everyone i know literally is coughing and sneezing with fever. ITS A VIRUS ...YES ...NOT A SPELL OR BAD LUCK ... to me i believe that's its all in Ur head, u heard it's gonna be bad and u believed it and started noticing stuff ...bad things happen to everyone trust me
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 04, 2007
Whoas! I was kidding Corc! Most people already know my take on religion, do you really think I'd let my fate in the hands of a bunch of retards? Maguy Farah?? Michel Hayek? :lol: :lol:

I just found it to be a nice coincidence... But you're right everyone is sick these days. Not only in Lebanon and UAE. I have some friends in UK and France who are also in bed...
Nick81

Jan 04, 2007
Nick81 wrote: I have some friends in UK and France who are also in bed...

together?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2007
bushra21 wrote:

together?

:lol: :lol:

Beeehave!
Nick81

Jan 04, 2007
Nick81 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

together?

:lol: :lol:

Beeehave!

but that goes against everything that i believe in!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2007
Oh all that stuff they say is crap, IF there's something bad that's gonna happen 2 ya, it will happen no matter where OR what you try to do.. . you can't run from fate
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

hey hey Jan 04, 2007
lets be positive...something good can happen too! :D
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 05, 2007
Did the doctor determine that you have a bacterial infection? Cuz if you actually have a regular cold (viral infection), antibiotics and cough syrup are not going to do anything. You're better off eating/drinking lots of zaatar and fresh pomegranate juice.
freza
Dubai chat master

Jan 05, 2007
take it eazy man it aint that bad amean not all of that is real

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 05, 2007
freza wrote:Did the doctor determine that you have a bacterial infection? Cuz if you actually have a regular cold (viral infection), antibiotics and cough syrup are not going to do anything. You're better off eating/drinking lots of zaatar and fresh pomegranate juice.

Nah I have a bacterial infection. Doctor put me on Augmentin.

Anyway woke up today feeling a lil better. I still have some fever (38deg) but nowhere near the 40deg I had yesterday...

Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll wake up with NO fever...
Nick81

Jan 05, 2007
damnn ... hahaha ..

we got nigga's in here comin up an tellin us there temprature's .. and nigga's wonderin why shit around here gone sour ...

hope u chill down quick nick.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Jan 05, 2007
Jamal wrote:damnn ... hahaha ..

we got nigga's in here comin up an tellin us there temprature's .. and nigga's wonderin why shit around here gone sour ...

hope u chill down quick nick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thx man
Nick81

Jan 05, 2007
bleh, some guys are just born delicate.
freza
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat