Sharjah Police Conduct Door To Door Hunt For Unwed Couples

Topic locked
Re: Sharjah Police Conduct Door To Door Hunt For Unwed Coupl Apr 23, 2010
HA, you are funny. A won battle doesn't need to be rehearsed.

Where was that topic about Afghan money trafficking again... you know, suitcases of dollars and Saudi riyals passing the airport every once or twice in a week. Russian mobsters buying up floors in the Burj Khalifa and other black banking practises for exiles to enjoy vacation in Dubai.

You know this battle is won before you rehearse it. ;)

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Seriously ? All you could come up with some money laundering and black practices !

Look closer to home you'll find much more ;)
desertdudeshj

Hubba Hubba Hubba....XTC, you want a dose? :D
RobbyG

desertdudeshj wrote:LOL come on you know this is a battle you cannot win ;)

or Bores can look at Crime Central Inc or otherwise know as her homeland the US

errr............you need to take into consideration population. UAE vs. US. Of course crime would be higher in the US, BoBo!! I never realized you are anti-American/US.

Considering Dubai alone, crime of all kinds is high. I guess you don't think there are drugs here too.

You should pick up a book and read about Dubai. I've read several.

You must be spending too much time with your head in the sand out in the desert and driving back and forth the AD. Because YOU haven't heard about crime/drugs, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Have you been busy stocking up on cartons of Fair and Lovely with the summer coming? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Sharjah Police Conduct Door To Door Hunt For Unwed Coupl Apr 24, 2010
Nahh I'm not anti anything. I have some good umreekan friends and almost everyone in my class is now in Amreeka now what is wrong is arong and what is right is right. In this case the crime rate of the US and not only US but a ton of other countries is still higher than the UAE even if you factor in population, unreported events etc etc.

Hence my saying don't try to fight this battle.

Bores I dont need a book to tell me about the place I grew up in and trust me lady you might think you might know what goes down here by living here a few years but you dont know half the sh!t that goes down here. Yes there is drugs, prostitution, murder and stuff you couldn't and wouldn't even imagine and majority of it I've seen first hand or more closer than you ever get to it or might have read in a book. But its peanuts compared to most other places. Crime is a part of societyty since the begining of time so there is no way to avoid it, but you must be highly mistaken than its is anywhere as close to countries like the US.

And let me say this I've got no beef with you lady or anyone else for that matter, I still have some respect for you and understand you point of view aswell but your constant quips are getting annoying and until now I've been just letting them slide, you know very well I can give it just aswell as I can take it.

Question is can you take it just as well as you think you can dish it out ?
desertdudeshj

I still have some respect for you...

I wonder how little you have left for me then :lol: 8) :bom:
RobbyG

Don't worry bout that dude, that dried up loong time back Rob :D
desertdudeshj

Great. Saves me some effort in the future. No restraint! No more! Zippp :D

You gonna see me snarling often at ya :evil:

RobbyG

Re: Sharjah police conduct door to door hunt for unwed coupl Apr 24, 2010
Well I do have to kinda agree with DD on this one. Things happen in every city all over the world nowhere is totally clean or safe, but still I'd rather live here than anywhere else.

I reckon it's the Saudi influence on Sharjah that's now kicking in.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

The Saudi influence was there before but had started to ease. In the current financial situation maybe they were forced to go back to the old deal and the funda'mentalist' element has once more exerted its influence?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

desertdudeshj wrote:Nahh I'm not anti anything. I have some good umreekan friends and almost everyone in my class is now in Amreeka now what is wrong is arong and what is right is right. In this case the crime rate of the US and not only US but a ton of other countries is still higher than the UAE even if you factor in population, unreported events etc etc.

Hence my saying don't try to fight this battle.

Bores I dont need a book to tell me about the place I grew up in and trust me lady you might think you might know what goes down here by living here a few years but you dont know half the sh!t that goes down here. Yes there is drugs, prostitution, murder and stuff you couldn't and wouldn't even imagine and majority of it I've seen first hand or more closer than you ever get to it or might have read in a book. But its peanuts compared to most other places. Crime is a part of societyty since the begining of time so there is no way to avoid it, but you must be highly mistaken than its is anywhere as close to countries like the US.

And let me say this I've got no beef with you lady or anyone else for that matter, I still have some respect for you and understand you point of view aswell but your constant quips are getting annoying and until now I've been just letting them slide, you know very well I can give it just aswell as I can take it.

Question is can you take it just as well as you think you can dish it out ?

DD, you know very little about me. As to how long I've lived here, what I know, what I've seen, who I know, don't be so quick to make assumptions. I don't need to use my "imagination" as to what goes on here. It's not about what I "think" I know, it's more like what I actually do know. Having grown up here DD doesn't give you an edge on "knowing" things.

I'm all too familiar that the US has it's crime - it's a well known fact. As for here in Dubai, I know it is alot safer than most countries, but crime has increased over the years. There was a time you didn't have to stop and think or feel threatened because there was this sense of "security", today you do.

Constant quips? Isn't referring to Americans as "umreekans" or America as "Amreeka" a quip? Since I know that you know better, I would have to say that's your way of getting your little jab in at me. Or should I let that one "slide", as you so generously do with me? Sometimes your quips, which you may think are "funny" or "cute" can set things off, or are people expected to not react?

We have to put up with your constant dribble about you and your 4X4. Seen so much of it that it has actually become boring, at least to me, but did I ever tell you that? Yet you seem to think you can dictate when enough is enough - first to RobbyG and now me.

If you had put this post (as quoted) up to begin with somethings could have been avoided. You singled out the US in your previous posts. When you say something that may trigger a reaction do you expect people to refrain from responding?? It's not what you say DD, it's how you say it.

I didn't realize this was a "battle" as you put it. :roll: I still have SOME respect for you as well, at least enough to say that we can put the slinging match aside for another time should the need arise. :wink:

PEACE.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Be happy that incidents like the one in Kuwait yesterday didnt occur. the Gulf is still a very conservative place, and many people tend to believe it important to project a conservative image (regardless of the immorality that may occur in private)
(Note: the authorities approved the event but that wasnt enough for the Islamists)

Kuwait: A massive Sri Lankan celebration was interrupted after angry Kuwaitis claimed it violated Islamic rules.

More than 5,000 Sri Lankans, including K.S.C. Dissanayake, Sri Lankan ambassador to Kuwait, had to leave the Jahra stadium after Kuwaiti Islamists invaded the field and pressed organisers to suspend the celebration and threatened to escalate the tense situation.

Negotiations between the event organisers, the police and the angry Kuwaitis failed to reach a compromise.

The protesters said that the presence of men and women at the stadium and the playing of music on a Friday afternoon made the celebration “unacceptable” for not respecting Islamic values.

The ambassador, seeking to end the deadlock peacefully, urged his compatriots to cancel the celebrations two hours before schedule and to vacate the premises.

The police said that the Sri Lankans had all the necessary permits and did not break the law.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Bora Bora wrote:You must be spending too much time with your head in the sand out in the desert and driving back and forth the AD. Because YOU haven't heard about crime/drugs, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Have you been busy stocking up on cartons of Fair and Lovely with the summer coming? :lol:

:lol: :lol:
PMSL BB you BAD! That one line should've turned DD red.
:lol:

Bora Bora wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Nahh I'm not anti anything. I have some good umreekan friends and almost everyone in my class is now in Amreeka now what is wrong is arong and what is right is right. In this case the crime rate of the US and not only US but a ton of other countries is still higher than the UAE even if you factor in population, unreported events etc etc.

We have to put up with your constant dribble about you and your 4X4. Seen so much of it that it has actually become boring, at least to me, but did I ever tell you that? Yet you seem to think you can dictate when enough is enough - first to RobbyG and now me.

PEACE.

I'm in full agreement here BB, at times DD has this urge to make the most inane and ridiculous comments
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hey MCL!!!! How are you doing??? Hope all is well.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hey BB I'm grand as usual :P

BTW what's wrong with this new format DF, it's combining all my quotes into one and in the process making an absolute hash of everything.

-- Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 pm --

BlackburnRovers wrote:Be happy that incidents like the one in Kuwait yesterday didnt occur. the Gulf is still a very conservative place, and many people tend to believe it important to project a conservative image (regardless of the immorality that may occur in private)
(Note: the authorities approved the event but that wasnt enough for the Islamists)

Kuwait: A massive Sri Lankan celebration was interrupted after angry Kuwaitis claimed it violated Islamic rules.

More than 5,000 Sri Lankans, including K.S.C. Dissanayake, Sri Lankan ambassador to Kuwait, had to leave the Jahra stadium after Kuwaiti Islamists invaded the field and pressed organisers to suspend the celebration and threatened to escalate the tense situation.

Negotiations between the event organisers, the police and the angry Kuwaitis failed to reach a compromise.

The protesters said that the presence of men and women at the stadium and the playing of music on a Friday afternoon made the celebration “unacceptable” for not respecting Islamic values.

The ambassador, seeking to end the deadlock peacefully, urged his compatriots to cancel the celebrations two hours before schedule and to vacate the premises.

The police said that the Sri Lankans had all the necessary permits and did not break the law.

Such occurrences do raise the question, is it simply economics or is it really all bout "culture".

For instance we all read bout the news piece where a 2 yr old gal apparently ratted on a couple smooching at 2 am. Has anyone watched the promos of the movie City of Life? Apparently the promos show a scene with a couple cuddling in bed, ostensibly depicting a $ex scene.
Then again I've seen numerous movies shot in Dubai depicting risque scenes. Isn't that in direct contradiction of the rules?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

I noticed it yesterday. Bundling posts???? What are your plans? Did you finish uni? Are you working? Any plans to return to Dubai? We miss you boo.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Going door to door all over the city to look for unmarried couples???

That’s absurd, and absolutely illogical and impractical.

Do you know how many housing units there are in Sharjah??

If indeed true, what a huge waste of time and resources!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Maybe the Sri Lankan ambassador to Kuwait should have pointed out that, like most Gulf states, there are more citizens from Southern Asia in their country than locals?

64% of the population of Dubai is Hindi. Technically that makes the predominant religion in the country Hindu, however the mosques outnumber the temples 100 - 1.

If you want to have all your work done by someone else, and you actively invite immigrants to your country, don't expect them not to want to retain their own culture.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

@ALL, DK is opting for a Hindi takeover of Dubai.

Lets prepare the documents. Lets do it! ;)
RobbyG

You know the saddest thing I find about the story, is that the couple in question had obviously been together for years, were obviously in a committed, caring relationship, enough to have two children and yet are found guilty of not having a stupid piece of paper to verify it.

Sad sad sad.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

What happens to the children? Isn't a marriage certificate supposed to be presented in order to get the birth certificate? No birth certificate, no passport.

Assuming that the man and woman were single, they should be given the opportunity to get married - correct their "crime" -and go on living their lives.

I just can't help comparing this to the story about the Emirati woman who had a son out of wedlock, didn't know who the father was, and the govt couldn't do enough to help the woman!!! Now that's hypocrisy at its best!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Civil liberties limited by a marriage certificate. How sad can it get in the 21st Century.

Backward rules for backward people. May the Hindu DK do a takeover! Quickly... ;)
RobbyG

They should have just asked them to get married, seeing as they'd been living together for years anyway (so obviously NOT single).

This story is sooo tragic. They probably had the children at home.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

The children were living with them. That's why I was asking what would happen to the children, especially if they don't have any documentation. Recently there was an Algerian couple who didn't have the birth certificate - couldn't afford to pay the hospital so they didn't issue the certificate - and they wanted to return to Algeria but couldn't because the child had no documents. Without documents the child was considered an illegal resident - but without ANY papers - deportation would be impossible, so then what?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Who knows. There are even Emiratis who don't exist to their own governments and have no documentation to prove they exist, so if they can't get anything, expats are screwed.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Who knows. There are even Emiratis who don't exist to their own governments and have no documentation to prove they exist, so if they can't get anything, expats are screwed.

Yep I know one. His name is Desertdudeshj. Rejected national. :lol: :P
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Who knows. There are even Emiratis who don't exist to their own governments and have no documentation to prove they exist, so if they can't get anything, expats are screwed.

Yep I know one. His name is Desertdudeshj. Rejected national. :lol: :P

LOL - no but seriously there are people in that situation. Jesus imagine being stuck here with no chance of ever leaving - yikes.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Wait, I forgot to add my snarl-face for DD: :D

There, I'm done. Continue.
RobbyG

Ahhhh hide the kitty, DD will probably keep it has a pet and pull all it's teeth and claws out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Ahhhh hide the kitty, DD will probably keep it has a pet and pull all it's teeth and claws out.

I would rather leave them in your back.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat