See What Happened At Heathrow Last Week. Unforgettable!!!

Topic locked
See What Happened at Heathrow Last Week. Unforgettable!!! Nov 05, 2010
See what happened to passengers arriving at Heathrow (Terminal 5) on the 27th of Oct.

Man.. how I wish I was there to witness that!!!

I found myself playing this video twice!!! A must see for all!!

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: See What Happened At Heathrow Last Week. Unforgettable!! Nov 05, 2010
Brilliant!!!! Thanks for sharing Tom.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: See What Happened at Heathrow Last Week. Unforgettable!! Nov 05, 2010
Je vous en prie, BB!!

I'm practicing for you know what!!!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

It was a great advert.

Came across this one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrkGtjj ... re=channel
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: See What Happened At Heathrow Last Week. Unforgettable!! Nov 05, 2010
Thank you Sage. Lucido!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Return of the Mack Awesome ! Was my jam back in me clubbin' days :D

Reminds me of the Voca People from Israel

watch till the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7lnrEfJ ... re=related
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: See What Happened at Heathrow Last Week. Unforgettable!! Nov 06, 2010
Tom Jones wrote:See what happened to passengers arriving at Heathrow (Terminal 5) on the 27th of Oct.

8) 8)

TJ this is nothing less than I would expect from the UK Border Agency, a very welcoming lot they are (not).
I hadn't seen the advert till you posted it and very heartwarming it is too! I especially liked the fella who worked for BAA, about half way thro', bless him!, totally bemused. One of my friends works for BA at T5. I asked her about it. She says they sang all day. They invited all of the BA staff on duty to take part, she declined but said it was a great day. The looks on some of the arrivals faces are a picture. I must admit if it had been me I think I would have turned around and got back on the plane!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:See what happened to passengers arriving at Heathrow (Terminal 5) on the 27th of Oct.

8) 8)

TJ this is nothing less than I would expect from the UK Border Agency, a very welcoming lot they are (not).
I hadn't seen the advert till you posted it and very heartwarming it is too! I especially liked the fella who worked for BAA, about half way thro', bless him!, totally bemused. One of my friends works for BA at T5. I asked her about it. She says they sang all day. They invited all of the BA staff on duty to take part, she declined but said it was a great day. The looks on some of the arrivals faces are a picture. I must admit if it had been me I think I would have turned around and got back on the plane!

That clip was really moving. I enjoyed it immensely. I love to see strangers interact with each other, smile at each other and have fun with each other.

Very refreshing to see that, indeed.

I grew up in a small town where all the residents were just like one big family. I miss that a lot.

People have now become cold to each other, and aloof from each other ..even in small spaces.

When you travel the tube in London, all you see is stern faces around you -- no one is smiling or speaking to the person next to them, even though they're practically touching each other in such a tight space!!

In the future, I guess people will probably be just like soul-less robots with no emotions and/or humanity!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

I think it's lovely, I really do and agree with TJ.

BM, with an attitude like that - forget getting back on the plane, how about you head off to NASA and find a rocket to blast yourself into space, where you can be all on your own and miserable!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

8) 8)

A brilliant advert, here’s my favourite, 122 Years of Hovis;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4tFzuFGUOI

And this one is just plain funny :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDgrnP-f8VY

@ TJ you’ll have to forgive the London Tube commuters TJ as they’re probably too busy looking for perspiring nervous looking Asians with smoking back packs :roll:

@ Chocoholic, That time of Month again Chocs? :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: See What Happened At Heathrow Last Week. Unforgettable!! Nov 06, 2010
That's awesome :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Chocoholic wrote:I think it's lovely, I really do and agree with TJ.

BM, with an attitude like that - forget getting back on the plane, how about you head off to NASA and find a rocket to blast yourself into space, where you can be all on your own and miserable!

Chocs, I'm afraid you have misunderstood me, or maybe it was the way I wrote the post...whatever. I think if you read it again you will see that I thought it was a very nice advert, I used the phrase heartwarming. When I said i would have wanted to turn round it was the thought of being caught in the spotlight when least expecting it, like those people were. I'm not at my best after a long haul flight. I love meeting new people and I'm not in the least the miserable sod you appear to think I am.

TJ you are not wrong about London. Have you ever tried smiling at someone you've never met? They look at you as if you are some sort of retarded person. I do it all the time to see their reaction. The last time I was in London I couldn't find my hotel, I stopped about 96 people before anyone admitted to speaking English and the 97th couldn't be bothered to speak although he was English. In the end I phoned my daughter in Manchester who googled the map and gave me directions and it was just round the corner. On my way I nearly got taken out by a bendy bus. He wasn't indicating, I stepped out, like someone up from the sticks, and I was nearly history. Of course I then retreated to the nearest pub, near Kings Cross it was, a very interesting time I had to, just sitting watching. I really couldn't tell what gender half of them were.
Bethsmum

Dillon wrote:@ TJ you’ll have to forgive the London Tube commuters TJ as they’re probably too busy looking for perspiring nervous looking Asians with smoking back packs :roll:

BOO ! look behind you a "Jihadi"

desertdudeshj

That's not your best angle DDS, try taking if from the right side next time and smile.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat