Saudi Woman Argues For Multiple Husbands!!!

Topic locked
Re: Saudi Woman Argues for Multiple Husbands!!! Jan 25, 2010
raidah wrote:
catalyst wrote:
catalyst wrote:There is no need to be Muslim to know what is good or bad , what is right or wrong . Just follow the right simple logic . How can any woman have multiple husbands at the same time ? where we live ? In a jungle :lol:

I think you made a mistake by quoting me because your words are entirely irrevelant ! I did Not make assumption that a woman is not fit for a head of the house role because of her gender , I even did NOT mention this topic .. :roll:

you are right, i did jump the gun. so why don't you explain what you meant with "How can any woman have multiple husbands at the same time ? where we live ? In a jungle "

dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Saudi Woman Argues for Multiple Husbands!!! Jan 25, 2010
By the way, is it allowed in Islam for a woman to request that a condition be added to her marriage contract forbidding her soon to be husband from marrying another woman?? I don't think so........not 100% sure though.

Never heard of that, I don't think that s a possibility, cause u can not deprive men from RIGHTS Quran has given to them!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Saudi Woman Argues for Multiple Husbands!!! Jan 26, 2010
melika969 wrote:

A knowledgeable Muslim friend has once told me that the Quran allows a married man to marry another woman only if she is a widow with children. There is a specific verse in the Quran that clearly states this condition. The verse also states that the man must treat his wives equally.

The permission was not really for procreation or multiplying, and was probably only valid during times of war and Jihad!

The idea was to encourage men to raise and look after orphans, whose numbers were increasing during the early conquests of Islam.

But now we know that Muslim men marry more than wife primarily for SE*X, pure and simple!

The explicit stipulation stated in the Quran has clearly been twisted by men to suit their desires!!

Correct me Shafique if I am wrong!!

Sage: Please don’t be too quick to send this to Religon. The discussion is starting to get interesting!!

Altough u asked shaf, I can answer u, ur source was wrong! It is allowed in Quran for men to have four wivesin the same time, as far as he can treat all of the equally and with justice. there is no age limit for brides,no circumstances like they should be widowed with kids, and no restrictions that it could happen only in war time.

Besides, In Iran (which is the majority part of Shia muslims) temporary marriages are allowed. Men can have 100000000000000000 temporary wives in the same time. It can be for 30 minutes, or 1 week or 99 years. Any time you wish, religion is at ur service!!!

Melika,

I finally checked with my Moslem friend, and he said the Quranic verse he was referring to, which sets pre-conditions for polygamy, is Verse No. 3, Surah Al-Nissaa (The Women).

The verse says:

“[4.3] And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course.”

He says this verse is misinterpreted in the Arabic Tafseer (Meaning) and also in the English version which always follows the Arabic Tafseer!

As you can see, the verse starts with a conditional statement using the conditional article (IF). It basically says if a man is not able to take care of the orphans (by himself or with his wife), he is allowed to marry more than one woman to help him carry out this task, which naturally would include the orphans’ mother, if available.

According to this verse, the permission to marry more than one wife is explicitly not an open permission (without any pre-conditions), no matter what the interpretations of these pre-conditions are.

The pre-condition associated with the orphans, as set in the verse, has to be first met before polygamy can be OK. Obviously, that's not the case nowadays!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Saudi Woman Argues for Multiple Husbands!!! Jan 27, 2010
Looool
DEAR TJ, It’s always amusing to see ur people interpretation of Quran! If you want to see the real Tafsir of this verse, do not rely on ur friend’s interpretation, who claims that Arabic and English Tafsir are wrong and he is right!

To interpret Quran you need to consider it as a whole, you should take a look at previous and later verses, however if you read this verse carefully you will understand, it discusses the rights of orphans. It says if you want to marry an orphan, you can marry four of them but you have to treat them with justice. It has no relation with war time, or mothers of orphans, it is about marrying orphans themselves.

The only circumstance for marrying more than one woman is that the man can treat them all equally, not anything more!

Tell your friend, personal interpretation results are chaos and violence, honestly if all muslims interpret Quran like Shaf, I had no problem with them!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

This is interesting , I am amazed . It was a time when I talked to a professor about renewable concept that I thought I really believed to be so clear to me .However , the definition was turned up side down by those who focused on their self interest . Similarly , here it seems to be , by the name of freedom and justice , that it is quite fair for women to have multiple husbands and entirly ignored that women's nature and roles are different .

'' The same guys also told you the earth was flat, women and blacks are evil, you cannot marry your first cousin (it will give you retarded children), and the same guys are now telling you we know exactly how the earth looks like and how the trajectory is, Women are gods, Black is cool (even the President is), a man can marry another man (or woman another woman, and even you can marry your own sister or brother, as in Scandanevian countries), and the same guys are also telling you, Quran is evil and Muhammad was a terrorist, Israel is real. So, where are you surprised their definition of renewable and non-renewable makes natural crude oil the bad guy and nuclear energy the good guy?'' , he said at that time .
catalyst
Dubai chat master

melika969 wrote:Looool
DEAR TJ, It’s always amusing to see ur people interpretation of Quran! If you want to see the real Tafsir of this verse, do not rely on ur friend’s interpretation, who claims that Arabic and English Tafsir are wrong and he is right!

To interpret Quran you need to consider it as a whole, you should take a look at previous and later verses, however if you read this verse carefully you will understand, it discusses the rights of orphans. It says if you want to marry an orphan, you can marry four of them but you have to treat them with justice. It has no relation with war time, or mothers of orphans, it is about marrying orphans themselves.

The only circumstance for marrying more than one woman is that the man can treat them all equally, not anything more!

Tell your friend, personal interpretation results are chaos and violence, honestly if all muslims interpret Quran like Shaf, I had no problem with them!

Well….I’m not a Muslim, and I’m not affected by all these different interpretations in any way.

It is not really my fight!!

However, I thought my friend’s interpretation of this verse made a lot of sense.

In any case, I know one thing for sure. Religions, including Islam, have invariably been twisted and politicized throughout history to serve the interests of certain groups.

For example, that’s how the big rift between Shias and Sunnis was created in the first place, right after Mohammed’s death.

And the rest is history, as the saying goes!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat