SAMMY THE SHARK

Topic locked
SAMMY THE SHARK Feb 26, 2009
Can anybody offer any update on the situation of Sammy?
We were reminded of this by Pamela Anderson in yesterday's 7 days.

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... 0go%20free

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2009
yeah pammy is trying hard to get the sammy out!!!!!!

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Feb 26, 2009
I saw Sammy The Shark at the Atlantis last week. Considering Atlantis is an advertiser in Gulf News, it was an awesome advertising ploy to start a fake campaign to free the fish, only to increase public curiosity and therefore visitors. I haven't even seen any of the dolphin shows here yet, but even I went and saw Sammy, along with many other people pointing at it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 26, 2009
gtmash wrote:I saw Sammy The Shark at the Atlantis last week. Considering Atlantis is an advertiser in Gulf News, it was an awesome advertising ploy to start a fake campaign to free the fish, only to increase public curiosity and therefore visitors. I haven't even seen any of the dolphin shows here yet, but even I went and saw Sammy, along with many other people pointing at it.

"Fake campaign"??
Really?
Do you have evidence to back that up??
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2009
smoggie wrote:
gtmash wrote:I saw Sammy The Shark at the Atlantis last week. Considering Atlantis is an advertiser in Gulf News, it was an awesome advertising ploy to start a fake campaign to free the fish, only to increase public curiosity and therefore visitors. I haven't even seen any of the dolphin shows here yet, but even I went and saw Sammy, along with many other people pointing at it.

"Fake campaign"??
Really?

Do you subscribe to Gulf News? The campaign magically disappeared at around the time Gulf News released a sponsored supplement magazine about the wonders of Atlantis. And I regularly see ads for the hotel in GN., advertising rooms for Dhs 1699 or something. That stupid daily "days in captivity" counter is also gone now from the 'local news' pages.

All I'm saying is, because of that campaign, I went to see the shark instead of boycotting it, as have most people in Dubai. Beyond the shark, the other species are fish-market quality. Dubai Mall has better fish, but Atlantis has all the built-up hype.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 26, 2009
isnt the bloody fish dead by now :S

bloody waste of life seriously. a fish that doesnt mate :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2009
ahn... excuse me boy!!!!!!!!

Could I have that big whaley sharkey for my lunch and dinner?

or will that suffice for 1 more day?

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Feb 28, 2009
gtmash wrote:
smoggie wrote:

"Fake campaign"??
Really?

Do you subscribe to Gulf News? The campaign magically disappeared at around the time Gulf News released a sponsored supplement magazine about the wonders of Atlantis. And I regularly see ads for the hotel in GN., advertising rooms for Dhs 1699 or something. That stupid daily "days in captivity" counter is also gone now from the 'local news' pages.

All I'm saying is, because of that campaign, I went to see the shark instead of boycotting it, as have most people in Dubai. Beyond the shark, the other species are fish-market quality. Dubai Mall has better fish, but Atlantis has all the built-up hype.

Interesting theory, stranger things have certainly happened.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat