Red Nose Day

Topic locked
Red Nose Day Mar 19, 2011
Well BM has spent a very enjoyable evening at the hands of the BBC and Red Nose Day. I have watched the Inbetweeners visit 50 rude place names and the Wanted perform their single for Comic Relief. (BM likes that 22 year old from Manchester which seems wrong, not that he's from Manchester, but that she could have given birth to him)

I have just been reliably informed that we have raised £68m. I contributes £5.00 when Helen Skelton walked a tightrope across the Batersea Power Stations. I know her dad, he's a farmer.

I have watched numerous heart rendering videos about kids in Africa. They were left orphans when their parents die of Aids. In fact there is little mention of their fathers. Why do they keep churning out kids when they can't look after them?
Surely it would be more cost effective to promote a campaign to inject them all with a contraceptive pill.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Red Nose Day Mar 19, 2011
BM, sadly this will mean absolutely NOTHING to the majority of forum readers - we are not in the UK! This is DUBAI forums.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

How can one speak for the majority? especially when they don't know the majority. :roll: I'm curious who is the majority??? :?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Just sayin' - what has it got to do with DXB? er nothing!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Just sayin' - what has it got to do with DXB? er nothing!

You are entirely right Chocs, of course, but then neither has a lot of what's posted here. I'd be more than happy to read stuff about Dubai, why don't you post something?

Anyways what I was saying is that the UK raised in excess of £68m (not sure of the final total) for Comic Relief. We are a generous lot with our hard earned cash aren't we. If the Government isn't flushing it down the lav we are trying to stop some kids getting malaria.
There was a video piece about a little 9 year old girl looking after her mother, who was dying from Aids and she also looked after her 1 year old brother. She said if her mother died she was going to throw herself in the grave too. Weeks later the camera crew revisited her and her mother had died. She was left with her little brother to look after. She cried that her body hurt so much with hunger, she was just passed herself.
The point is why do these mothers keep on churning these poor kids out when they have absolutely not a chance in hell of looking after them?

No, not relevent to Dubai, just to the rest of the world.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat