Really Usefull Thread

Topic locked
Really usefull thread Aug 05, 2009
Another post gave me this idea.

Most of us know all the famouse/infamouse bars in Dubai, but what about all the little less known ones which aint full of waanabees and the "ok yar" brigade.

I'll start.

The Al-Hamra marina bar and resturant, been open about a month,2 bars and a terrace over looking the marina,beer 20 chips a pint and the food aint to bad.

Next

busa
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 05, 2009
Just read that the Americas cup race will be based in RAK next year so bang goes the quiet bar scenerio that i like so much.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 05, 2009
The Outside Inn - Ajman. Basic little bar, cheapo drinks and good food.

Fibber Magees - Dubai. Great little Irish pub in Sheikh Zayed road, possibly the only bar not attached to a hotel. Great quiz night on a Tuesday. Awsome food.

Marine's Club, Sea View Hotel, Port Rashid - A bit of a crazy one, but for me definately has one of the best bands in Dubai! The female bass player is incredible. Bit of a joint frequented by ladies of the night, but you can dance the night away and have fun.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 05, 2009
I prefer the noisy to noisiest of places, crammed with wannabes :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 05, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I prefer the noisy to noisiest of places, crammed with wannabes :D

So why post,rubberheed
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 05, 2009
busa wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:I prefer the noisy to noisiest of places, crammed with wannabes :D

So why post,rubberheed

Hmm...So what's a rubberhead!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 05, 2009
1. Take one mirror
2. Gaze into it
3. You will see
4. Rubberheed
5. Repeat until full numpty level has been reached
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 05, 2009
busa wrote:1. Take one mirror
2. Gaze into it
3. You will see
4. Rubberheed
5. Repeat until full numpty level has been reached

Ha ha cocky! :lol:
So that's it? Is there like maybe a time to do it....anything more I need to know?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 05, 2009
^^^LOL. You're getting good at this hon.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 05, 2009
On the foodie front, if you like Sushi, then Bentoya is a must!

THe little buildings down from the Dusit Dubai, the one with Sketchers in the bottom, Bentoya is round the back. It's always full of Japanese, so you know the food is authentic and good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 05, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:On the foodie front, if you like Sushi, then Bentoya is a must!

THe little buildings down from the Dusit Dubai, the one with Sketchers in the bottom, Bentoya is round the back. It's always full of Japanese, so you know the food is authentic and good.

Sorry kidda but fish should be served in beer batter with thick chips and of course mushy peas,condaments should consist of either beer or lager,anything else is just wrong.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 05, 2009
Any good place for pizza? ( forget Pizza Hut and Domino's)
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 05, 2009
There's been an entire thread dedicated to Pizza! Do we have to go there again?

Busa, If that's how you like your fish, then you can't beat the Irish Village - yum yum!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 05, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:^^^LOL. You're getting good at this hon.

LoL yea I wanted to see for how long I could push it! :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 05, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:There's been an entire thread dedicated to Pizza! Do we have to go there again?

Busa, If that's how you like your fish, then you can't beat the Irish Village - yum yum!

Irish village,good beer,good food, good eye candy,rubbish service, but i do still spend a stupid amount of money there
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 05, 2009
Ahhh well you have to have mates that work there :wink: I;m super sad that Big Al has now left *sob* (sad face).

Although I do like Dubliners for a good Irish stew.

Plus the food in the Cellar is fantastic and they do wonderful offers on a Thursday night and Saturdays.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 05, 2009
busa wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:There's been an entire thread dedicated to Pizza! Do we have to go there again?

Irish village,good beer,good food, good eye candy,rubbish service, but i do still spend a stupid amount of money there

Good value for money - All you can eat and drink - Spice Island - Renaissance Hotel, Deira
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 10, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Fibber Magees - Dubai. Great little Irish pub in Sheikh Zayed road, possibly the only bar not attached to a hotel. Great quiz night on a Tuesday. Awsome food..
Haha!!! I loved The band that used to be there a couple of years ago!!! Very few evenings were survived by all of the members)))

Chocoholic wrote:Marine's Club, Sea View Hotel, Port Rashid - A bit of a crazy one, but for me definately has one of the best bands in Dubai! The female bass player is incredible. Bit of a joint frequented by ladies of the night, but you can dance the night away and have fun.
Her name is Cherry. She's as lovely as shy. But "ladies of the night" thing is distilled bruthality))) one needs to be prepared!
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat