Quicksand

Topic locked
Re: Quicksand Mar 19, 2010
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:so Dubai was your goal ?

Of course it was, and now he/she is bitter at having been rejected on so many applications.

huh , I thought he turned down a job offer from AD scared of his freedom to be taking away aaaaany how my offer still stands and like I said befor "pizza won’t deliver it self " :lol: :lol: :lol:

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:so Dubai was your goal ?

Of course it was, and now he/she is bitter at having been rejected on so many applications.

huh , I thought he turned down a job offer from AD scared of his freedom to be taking away aaaaany how my offer still stands and like I said befor "pizza won’t deliver it self " :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least someone who paid some attention. ;)

Say Kid, if DD would be right, how much for a pizza delivery job?

AED 40.000 per month sounds reasonable right? :mrgreen:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Can't blame me for not having to hang on to every pearl of wisdom you utter. Infact if I see a post by you. I just skip it or ignore the entire thread altoghter.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Can't blame me for not having to hang on to every pearl of wisdom you utter. Infact if I see a post by you. I just skip it or ignore the entire thread altoghter.

Great. If you really meant that you would be smart enough to keep your shutter next time also. Saves you an effort.
RobbyG

Red Chief wrote:
shafique wrote:and 'is there really that much Iranian/Russian/Saudi black money around to buy all those appartments coming on line' etc etc

Shaf, I really appriciate your inf. about the UK but why are you so sure that Russians have nothing better to invest than to crappy built Dubai's appartments? Is there nothing for sale in Belgravia or Chelsea? :wink:

Red, I totally agree - I was questioning those who said the Russians are investing here and this will keep the prices going up. I sometimes asked them - well why would a Russian buy from me in 3 months time and not buy right now? I never got a satisfactory answer... and given the bursting of the Bubble - the Russians (etc) aren't around after all!! ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Quicksand Mar 20, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:As I told the Kid, I found no hardship living here, even 15 years ago when it was more conservative. It has not disrupted my freedom because I basically live here as I would in the States. It's the hypocrasy that gags me - from the country and from people. I converted to Islam when I was in the States. I can say this with conviction: had I not converted in the States and came here, I would never have converted!!! The religious hypocrasy is so overboard. I was so excited that I was going to live in an Islamic country, but I can't tell you how disappointed I was. But, I will say this, if I had ended up in Oman, I probably would not have felt that way. I think Omanis are more honest in their practice of Islam.

I know your type. The type who come to Dubai and proceed to speak for the locals, because you are 'islamic brothers'. But the locals hate nothing more than a local impersonator.
If you moved to Oman, your husband could'nt walk around in a dishdasha and pretend that he was a local, telling locals how to run their country.
benwj

benwj wrote:I know your type. The type who come to Dubai and proceed to speak for the locals, because you are 'islamic brothers'. But the locals hate nothing more than a local impersonator.
If you moved to Oman, your husband could'nt walk around in a dishdasha and pretend that he was a local, telling locals how to run their country.

I speak for myself. If you want to point a finger at who speaks for the locals - go see the Kid. I have no "brothers" or "sisters". As for impersonating locals in dishdasha, I think you need to address this problem to the Indians. Was out last week and two Indians in dishdasha were sitting at the bar knocking back tall beers looking all "local". A tourist wouldn't know the difference and would easily assume they were "local". I think you could see that to be a bigger problem, don't you?? :roll: My husband has no desire to dress like a local or impersonate one. He is very comfortable putting his trousers on one leg at a time. On the other hand, when locals travel to western countries, on go the jeans and tee-shirts. Would you then say you are impersonating a westerner?? I'm sure you own at least one pair of western jeans, even if you bought them in Karama. :lol: :lol:

Locals don't need to be told how to run their country. They are doing a pretty good job of it themselves. Just look at all the recent press. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Just a quick list of who lokals hate ............

Whinging Brits
Arrogant Americans
Two faced Persians
Bloody Indians
Cheap Chinese
Druggie Netherlands
France (well they might have a case there ..)
Poor Paki's
Rich Russians

In fact all 192 member states of the United Nations

Oh yeah and anyone who is not of "their" clan, so everyone from Abu Dhabi, Fujeriah, Ajman, RAK, UAQ and do not forget Sharjah (full of cheating lebnani)

.... Oh wait, news just coming in from EB24/7 its official, Dubai also hates Thailand (but may forgive them as long as they do not ask for Shiniwatra (or his money) back). :wink:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Bora Bora wrote:
benwj wrote:I know your type. The type who come to Dubai and proceed to speak for the locals, because you are 'islamic brothers'. But the locals hate nothing more than a local impersonator.

I speak for myself. If you want to point a finger at who speaks for the locals - go see the Kid. I have no "brothers" or "sisters". As for impersonating locals in dishdasha, I think you need to address this problem to the Indians. Was out last week and two Indians in dishdasha were sitting at the bar knocking back tall beers looking all "local". A tourist wouldn't know the difference and would easily assume they were "local". I think you could see that to be a bigger problem, don't you?? :roll: My husband has no desire to dress like a local or impersonate one. He is very comfortable putting his trousers on one leg at a time. On the other hand, when locals travel to western countries, on go the jeans and tee-shirts. Would you then say you are impersonating a westerner?? I'm sure you own at least one pair of western jeans, even if you bought them in Karama. :lol: :lol:

Locals don't need to be told how to run their country. They are doing a pretty good job of it themselves. Just look at all the recent press. :lol: :lol:

I think we did good enough to make you and your husband beg for a visa every year to make a living out of our wealth loser.. shouldn't you lesion to the press and leave this 3rd world country... ohhh wait ,where you gona go ? to the US ? :lol: :lol: your president himself is barely holding on to his job … by the way , the dishdasha guys in AD bailed DC too but thanks god we don’t show off when we help the ones in need but keep this in mind borabora, you will too spend the rest of your life paying your taxes to your government in order for them to pay us what they woe… in another way you will work for us for the rest of your life :shock:
uaekid

HELP HELP

Dillusions of adequacy alert - AD bailed out the US - only in your wet dreams you sad little monkey

Even IF Saudi Kuwait Qatar and the UAE sold ALL of their treasury holdings it would represent hardly a 1% blip on the radar and lest we ask why the need to buy US securities and not UAE toilet paper ?

So go on - send your cash to China - please please please do us all a favour.

:lol:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

I know it's hard to observe that the bedwians own you and your countries , I love seeing you this much in denial of the truth viking.. and why not send our money to chain ,I mean it is a country that your own countries is seeking its rescue !! ohh coman don't tell me you don't know the assets they bough with requests of your own countries when you failed to run it and were in the edge of bankrupting.. read more “international news” and forget about Dubai world  your countries are broke with millions unemployed, thousands of companies and banks are bankrupted and facing damages that will take years to fix. Its all over the news for a year now, get out of your Dubai world gave and you’ll now it….. , we won .. you lost.
uaekid

uaekid wrote:I know it's hard to observe that the bedwians own you and your countries , I love seeing you this much in denial of the truth viking.. and why not send our money to chain ,I mean it is a country that your own countries is seeking its rescue !! ohh coman don't tell me you don't know the assets they bough with requests of your own countries when you failed to run it and were in the edge of bankrupting.. read more “international news” and forget about Dubai world  your countries are broke with millions unemployed, thousands of companies and banks are bankrupted and facing damages that will take years to fix. Its all over the news for a year now, get out of your Dubai world gave and you’ll now it….. , we won .. you lost.

Kid don't believe everything you think.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

The bedwins own us ??? How did you figure that. I DO happen to read the international press and in fact even contribute my own little bit every now and then, however there does not appear to be any instance of comment or financial data to back up your claim that your bidwons own us. Is this some fairy tale that your great uncle tells you at bed time ?

If your tinpot dictatorship bough(t) $100 Billion of UK assets per year for the next 10 years you would still not own us not even 10% of our net value, a value that I might add that has stood the test of time :)

Moving on, I think you are saying that we in Europe are asking China to rescue us ? (Is that correct ?) Clearly you must be working on an international Bilateral Relations Committee with the UAE because your level of delusion is truely boundless. China bough(t) our assets did they ? Ah ok, so they secretly own British Telecom and British Gas, you might as well claim that they own Goldman Sachs as well, equally daft.

Dubai World - you will of course note that those 2 words have only now passed at your request - a story not by any means closed or finished but WAY too big for your little peanut brain to deal with mate.

Denial of what truth, Kid ? That we have unemployment ? That "The World" is going through an economic crisis ? I think that you will find that "we" are quite open about problems and view opinion and discussion as a means to formulating action to solving problems ** Not talking about the weather and fish tanks, pretending that nothing is broken **

You will also recall that there are a vast number of banks, business, companies and service providers from the UK, US and Europe that are owed billions by your band of Budwens and that your masters are scrambling behind the scenes trying to talk their way out of a pretty sticky corner.

Just what do you think WILL happen when we have had enough and withdraw our troops and military support from the region, your band of soft handed silk slippered Biidjwons will be torn apart by your neighbours in short order !

And all live on CNN - thats a TV show I would tune into !

Which all leads me to a point that I have made in the past but is worth repeating , you in your sublime ignorance, are not the focus of my anger / frustration / disappointment, you are just too stupid to deserve that, its the two faced hypocritical "do as I say, not as I do" social, commercial and political leaders that should listen to what people have to say but in producing the "I am an Emirati" card seem to avoid any discussion of the facts in front of them.

In closing, yes I do think your Badjwuns are stupid AND ugly !!! :bounce:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Quicksand Mar 21, 2010
wow the resistance to our success... Its scary isnt it ? But i have to be greatful for you killing your won ppl for our oil. Thanks guys :)
uaekid

More delusions. Please Kid, get a life.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Unfortunately, the sad fact is that the region is propped up by the US and not the other way round.

The 'success' seems to be being measured in material gains - and bizarely seems to be measured by how much like the US (as portrayed on TV and hollywood) we can make this corner of the world become.

It is a shame that those who exhibit the real democratic values and listen to the man on the street are the ones who are labelled as 'evil' by the US and are feared by the leaders in the region who bow down (do 'sijda') to the US.

If a government can only rule by force and by external support - then it is illegitimate. This applied in South America (think of Chile, for example) and it is hard not to make the same comparisons with the region.

Viking makes a very valid point - if tomorrow the US does leave the region militarily, will the leadership structures continue to be viable? Won't people want elections? Should we not have some form of proportional representation? If so, then there will be more Shia politicians in the region to represent the Shia populations - from Bahrain to East Saudi Arabia (where all the oil is).

May I recommend a book I've just finished reading 'Failed States' by Noam Chomsky - eye opening revelations there.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat