Question To Moms...

Topic locked
question to moms... Apr 20, 2011
yesterday I was doing some shopping in a mall, I hate malls, but sometimes have to...
after buying some stuff and heading to the foot court I saw family of 4, the mother was controlling the kids to be around her with a rope tied at their belts.... :roll:
which seemed a new idea to me, and easy way or running after kids all around, but I had a feeling inside me that this is wrong or least not appropriate..

do you think this could have bad impact on the kids? or its ok!!!

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Question To Moms... Apr 20, 2011
I don't think you have to be a mom to answer that question. There was a time when mothers would put a "harness" on their toddlers as they can be a handful and just take off without notice. But there comes a time when the harness comes off!!! There has been much discussion on this practice and it appears that mothers think it's OK to harness a child over a certain age. Here's a video as to how one mother used it on her child:

If you can't be bothered to teach your child to mind you, then leave them home. Apparently some mothers think putting their kid on a leash when they are 4 or 5 is OK. More like dogwalking that childminding.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

:shock: what was that :shock:
well, what I've seen wasn't like that at all, and the kids seemed to be following their mom anyway, and the mother seemed to be careful, but I still don't like it...

I agree
If you can't be bothered to teach your child to mind you, then leave them home.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

I always found that a cattle prod in the kids neck was enough to spur them on.

The burn marks are easily hidden with a toy story scarf.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: question to moms... Apr 20, 2011
I used to pinch my kids quite hard if they missed behaved. it worked wonders for me.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

drewpeacock wrote:I always found that a cattle prod in the kids neck was enough to spur them on.

yes, this is a good way of raising a serial killer
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:
drewpeacock wrote:I always found that a cattle prod in the kids neck was enough to spur them on.

yes, this is a good way of raising a serial killer

I've found that corporal punishment a much better option than letting your kids wander about the internet unchecked which leads them to be freaks, a bit like you Zubber! :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:I've found that corporal punishment a much better option than letting your kids wander about the internet unchecked which leads them to be freaks, a bit like you Zubber! :D

I whole heartedly agree with you on this matter :mrgreen: , And it is true I too have defects as a result of being human :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat