Question: Maid?

Topic locked
Oct 09, 2008
:shock:

maid......tongue bath........???

I think somebodys short changing me, all i get are my pillows fluffed, and the dishwasher emptied!!!

Wish me luck guys, am gonna suggest she do her morning chores topless..... any hopes?

:oops:

OTP

onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 09, 2008
bushra21 wrote:^

OMFG.... where the hell have i been?

Obviously to a cleaner place!

You must have a good maid!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 09, 2008
onthepalm wrote::shock:

maid......tongue bath........???

I think somebodys short changing me, all i get are my pillows fluffed, and the dishwasher emptied!!!

Wish me luck guys, am gonna suggest she do her morning chores topless..... any hopes?

:oops:

OTP

If she goes topless, it might solve the riddle of where she keeps the phone?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 09, 2008
DK,

if its not there, well.... this topics gonna go places!

:)

OTP
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 09, 2008
onthepalm wrote:DK,

if its not there, well.... this topics gonna go places!

:)

OTP

Do we wanna go to those places?????

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 09, 2008
DK,

Lets put the vote out to fellow DF'ers, whadya say?

Yay or Nay?

OTP
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 09, 2008
would the vibrate option be set?

:shock: :shock:
arniegang

Oct 09, 2008
LOL Pup.. i never said you would be my maid.. I wouldn't buy the phone but i'd give you a quarter to make a phone call to someone who cares.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2008
arniegang wrote:would the vibrate option be set?

Behave :shock: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 10, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
arniegang wrote:would the vibrate option be set?

Behave :shock: :shock:

Like thats ever going to happen?

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 10, 2008
:oops: :oops: :oops:
arniegang

Oct 10, 2008
K-Dog wrote:One of the very first thing we did with our Filipino maid was to provide her a cell phone. I provide her a AED 2r card/month on top of her salary. Anything above that she is responsible out of her salary. Its a cheap investment to keep them happy. They need to keep in touch with their loved ones back home too just like us.

I agree on you K-Dog, sometimes you need to take care of them. Let them feel that they play a very important rule in your family. These people have a hearts as well they are also human, so they should be treated as human not animals. If you can give them other benefits aside from their salary, then for sure they will maintain good rapport with you.

But word of advice, don't be permissive on them. They might forgot that you are still there BOSS.

Reference? I know one company in Deira, their business is to provide families in need of maids namely, Filipinos, Indonesians, Malaysians, Kenyans, and even Bangladesh. They are in the business for almost 26 years here in Dubai.

Feel free to contact me, I can refer you to the people who are working within the company.
:P
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 10, 2008
SicnarFranciS wrote:

But word of advice, don't be permissive on them. They might forgot that you are still there BOSS.
P

Sounds like being a pet-owner.

I don't know if it works in Asian or African cultures but saying "You're doing a good or great job" or something along that lines is very nice and free.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 11, 2008
puppypup wrote:
SicnarFranciS wrote:

P

I don't know if it works in Asian or African cultures but saying "You're doing a good or great job" or something along that lines is very nice and free.

Yeah but at least my youngest dog has not asked for a mobile phone yet! She has eaten a few, and yes, she does go topless! The black princess!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 11, 2008
Mate, if you can teach your dog to mop the floor.......no phone.. topless.. you're onto a winner!

:twisted:

OTP
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 11, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
puppypup wrote:
SicnarFranciS wrote:

P

Yeah but at least my youngest dog has not asked for a mobile phone yet! She has eaten a few, and yes, she does go topless! The black princess!

Knight

and i bet she lies on her back with legs open hoping for a dam good tummy tickle

black princess or s.l.u.t dog ??

arniegang

Oct 11, 2008
LoL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 11, 2008
I have tried to train the pooch to mop the floor, but she insists on payment by biscuit and has a terrible problem with chewing the mop handle. Same as the maid really!

A least she doesn't pee on the floor. The maid that is, not the dog!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 11, 2008
I agree on you K-Dog, sometimes you need to take care of them. Let them feel that they play a very important rule in your family. Reference? I know one company in Deira, their business is to provide families in need of maids namely, Filipinos, Indonesians, Malaysians, Kenyans, and even Bangladesh. They are in the business for almost 26 years here in Dubai.

Feel free to contact me, I can refer you to the people who are working within the company.
:P[/quote]

Thanks for that information. I will be needing one in Al Ain. I don't think i want a live in maid though. And i talked to the other pilots (2) that will be staying with us and they agreed, we would only need one once a week or so. How cost effective is that for us vs live in ?
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2008
what a topic, the way it started and ended. but for sue once in dubai i'll defintely contact you experts to get a maid, cheers
By the way Melanie: have you already moved to uae or still in process?
USAtoDubai
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 30, 2008
Yes, finally here ! been here 3 days and have been out a couple times. Hubby had to leave and fly to Paris so that sucked and he's off again to Paris again this morning but the guys are taking great care of me. So far we went out to the AL Ain Rotana Hotel, Trader Vics , Carrefour and some other Mall.. The villa is HUGE and I'm working on getting our bedroom and bathroom all straight. Met the neighbors and we all decided to have the gardner do the same things to both our back yards so everything will look really nice. Working on finding furniture, furnishings, etc.. Looking to buy a SUV slightly used when hubby's Residency Visa is done. We like it here so far.. very different, very exciting and the drivers SUCK lol.. everything i was warned about was true LOL I am learning so much every day and I haven't even had time to finally get into these forums and answer all my emails til tonight. 104 to be exact ! Hope to meet a few of you soon and hopefully by next week get a maid in here to help me get alot of things done. The 2 pilots who were here a week or 2 before us had to move in quick so the owner wasn't able to get things re done after the last renter moved out and he left a mess but its a beautiful villa and looking forward to decorating and planting alot of beautiful flowers ! We're in Faalaj Hazzal or something like that. All I know is there are alot of big villas all around us and quite a few gorgeous Palaces.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat