Question For Andyba...

Topic locked
Question for Andyba... Apr 07, 2012
I know it is your forum, etc. and upon my return from trying to do some 'good' - see http://Www.seashepherd.org - I noticed quite a few 'banned' souls...and some 'glee' I suppose, in adding a 'banned' tag to those banned users - in red text no less.

My question to you is; what then is the purpose of 'fight club'?

P.s. Kanelli, I know your answer so please...

--- Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:06 am ---

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Question For Andyba... Apr 09, 2012
You went to be a do-gooder by volunteering with Sea Shepherd, only to come to DF and find your friends banned because of their own abusive behaviour for which they have received previous suspensions. Andyba has been quite unkind to you with such a reward. I bet, while he was 'gleefully' adding RED banned tags to their names, he thought, "Ha ha! Take that Ambassador!" :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

^ Andyba?? That you? I did not think so but...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:what then is the purpose of 'fight club'?

To fight or strongly disagree in a place where it isn't public to all members???

It's not a place where threats are made to reveal someone's personal info. It's not a place to post personal info, names or photos of people snatched from someone's FB page. It's not a place to abuse other peoples children. It's not a place to call someone a pedo because of their religious beliefs. All of which was done publicly for any member to see. That info has been deleted, but it remained public for sometime before it was removed.

You have been extremely private about yourself - including your gender. There must be a reason for your privacy other than to remain a mystery. I don't believe you ever met up with any active members because that would probably require revealing/exchange of some personal info, something you keep close to you.

If you were are the receiving end of any of the above , you may understand the feelings some people have as well as understanding why certain people were banned. I received a temporary ban for a personal insult that I had made to herve. Now, if that isn't a joke, herve reporting me!!! But then again, I wasn't part of his anti-Islam, pro-Israel gang was I?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote: It's not a place to abuse other peoples children.

:shock: I missed that, that also happened?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:
Ambassador wrote:what then is the purpose of 'fight club'?

To fight or strongly disagree in a place where it isn't public to all members???

It's not a place where threats are made to reveal someone's personal info. It's not a place to post personal info, names or photos of people snatched from someone's FB page. It's not a place to abuse other peoples children. It's not a place to call someone a pedo because of their religious beliefs. All of which was done publicly for any member to see. That info has been deleted, but it remained public for sometime before it was removed.

You have been extremely private about yourself - including your gender. There must be a reason for your privacy other than to remain a mystery. I don't believe you ever met up with any active members because that would probably require revealing/exchange of some personal info, something you keep close to you.

If you were are the receiving end of any of the above , you may understand the feelings some people have as well as understanding why certain people were banned. I received a temporary ban for a personal insult that I had made to herve. Now, if that isn't a joke, herve reporting me!!! But then again, I wasn't part of his anti-Islam, pro-Israel gang was I?

Thank you Andy-Bora.

It seems to me that if a person is intent on revealing personal information of another member 'banning' does not solve that problem since the banned person can just open a new account, etc. and post the info (or just PM info to others).

Whilst perhaps a 'time out' - temporary ban - might serve to cool things off, a 'permanent' ban is inneffective (execpt to reduce the discussion to who is banned, blah, blah, this thread case in point).

It is a 'catch' 22 I believe.

Having read many of BM posts (she is/was prolific -at posting), I have no doubt she is/will be back. I think she is just playing a 'waiting' game. Probably the same holds for FD although it appears most of his posts where on the politics forum (where I've never been - I leave politics for discussion amongst taxi drivers and hairdressers).
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Why would you come back to a forum where so many members including its administrator do not want you around? Let's not forget, this isn't the first forum BM has been run out of for her behaviour and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic ,

Wow, your behaviour leaves a lot to be desired at times??????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Ambassador ,

When arniegang was overseeing the forum he would ban the IP(s) used by those temporarily or permanently banned.

What would be the purpose of opening new accounts other than to continue where one left off? Or lay low until they saw an opportunity to strike?

It seems odd to me that when one particular member has been banned, another member who hadn't posted in quite sometime has returned and is actively posting, and this person goes from "stuggling" with English to being perfectly capable of (fairly) proper English.

I think it best to leave what happened alone. To continue any discussion on it serves no purpose other than the possibility to "re-activate" what was taking place.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Question For Andyba... Apr 10, 2012
Oh, well...just asked what I thought was a simple question.

Anyway...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Just to add, better to PM Andy and ask him up front, than to post a thread about it lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Just to add, better to PM Andy and ask him up front, than to post a thread about it lol

Nah, I prefer openness ( except about private/personal matters)!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

No one held a gun to BM, FD, Herve, and EH's heads and made them post the things they did, and no one held a gun to Andyba's head to give out suspensions and bans. Everyone involved made their choices.

I really don't understand why you keep whining Ambassador? Why aren't you holding those banned accountable for their abuse and hatemongering, instead of shifting the blame to those who reported the posts and Andyba who did the right thing by removing the offenders from his forum. Those people were previously suspended and chose to carry on their behaviour and were ulitmately banned. That isn't anyone's fault but their own.

You'd better stick to saving endangered whales, because hateful internet trolls are certainly not an endangered species.

It is guaranteed that this forum will slowly recover now that the toxic environment has been improved. Already there are some newbies posting, which is a good sign.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Ambassador wrote:Oh, well...just asked what I thought was a simple question.

Only if you were that naive Ambassador. ;)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Question For Andyba... Apr 11, 2012
desertdudeshj wrote:
Ambassador wrote:Oh, well...just asked what I thought was a simple question.

Only if you were that naive Ambassador. ;)

:wink: back
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat