Prescription Drugs Available In Dubai

Topic locked
Prescription Drugs available in Dubai Feb 03, 2009
So how do i find out if a certain prescription drug is available here without asking a doctor, because the last time i did the conversation was ummm very uncomfortable to say the least...

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Prescription Drugs available in Dubai Feb 03, 2009
bushra21 wrote:So how do i find out if a certain prescription drug is available here without asking a doctor, because the last time i did the conversation was ummm very uncomfortable to say the least...

Most pharmacies will dispense nearly all of the general prescription drugs without a prescription, except for certain control drugs like sedatives.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2009
mmm how do i find out if the one im looking for is in the controlled substance list?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2009
:oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2009
bushra21 wrote:mmm how do i find out if the one im looking for is in the controlled substance list?

I would have thought you could simply ask at the Pharmacy.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 04, 2009
pm me I got connections LOOOOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 04, 2009
you're not looking for steroids are you lol
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 04, 2009
bushra21 wrote:mmm how do i find out if the one im looking for is in the controlled substance list?

There's a list here - drugs in Dubai, mostly narcotics. But do what Mr Onion said - ask at a pharmacy. I've always found them to be helpful. Unless you're asking for crack or something :shock:
bonk

Feb 04, 2009
bonk wrote:

There's a list here - drugs in Dubai, mostly narcotics. But do what Mr Onion said - ask at a pharmacy. I've always found them to be helpful. Unless you're asking for crack or something :shock:

mmmm so that means no vicodin
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2009
And remember to do this:

If you are prescribed Vicodin tell your doctor if you drink more than three alcoholic beverages per day or if you have ever had alcoholic liver disease (cirrhosis). You may not be able to take medication that contains acetaminophen.

Hydrocodone may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Vicodin can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 04, 2009
sage & onion wrote:And remember to do this:

If you are prescribed Vicodin tell your doctor if you drink more than three alcoholic beverages per day or if you have ever had alcoholic liver disease (cirrhosis). You may not be able to take medication that contains acetaminophen.

Hydrocodone may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Vicodin can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain.

MB´s favourite? :shock: :shock:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 04, 2009
bushra21 wrote:mmmm so that means no vicodin

Vicodin is opium based no? I think any opium based narcotic is going to be a problem, unless prescribed by a UAE based doctor.
bonk

Feb 04, 2009
bonk wrote:

Vicodin is opium based no? I think any opium based narcotic is going to be a problem, unless prescribed by a UAE based doctor.

You will probably find that this can only be given if in Hospital as an in-patient.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 04, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
bonk wrote:

You will probably find that this can only be given if in Hospital as an in-patient.

well that's just great... :evil:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2009
sage & onion wrote:You will probably find that this can only be given if in Hospital as an in-patient.

Unless your name is House ;) ...
bonk

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat