Pool & Billiards In Dubai?

Topic locked
Pool & billiards in Dubai? Jan 17, 2007
Hi everyone,
I've been to Dubai 5 times now, and will be making Dubai my home in March 2007 :D The only place I've found to play pool so far is Rock Bottom. Are there any other places to play? Are there any pool tournaments in Dubai? I'll be living in the Palm Jumeriah, so if anyone knows of a billiards establishment near there, please let me know!

If I have to drive to play pool, I will, but I'm having a difficult time finding anyone that knows where to play pool at :( I'm sure there are other places than Rock Bottom...right? :dontknow:

Thanks

swesner
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Pool & billiards in Dubai? Jan 17, 2007
swesner wrote:Dubai my home in March 2007
I'll be living in the Palm Jumeriah,

Really?

To answer your question, above the Thunderbowl there is a pool place, and there's also a couple more dotted on SZR.

I think the new Bowling Alley in Al Quoz may also have pool tables, but I haven't been there to check it out yet.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Yes, Really.

I drove by Thunderbowl during my last trip about 2 weeks ago and it looked closed. Like, out of business closed. No lights on outside, parking lot was empty. I think it was about 10pm. Maybe they were closed because it was around New Year's when I drove by there, but other businesses were still open. I never went by there again during that trip. I'll try them again when I get back to Dubai.
swesner
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 17, 2007
Emirates Mall, Snooker Village, Most clubs have them....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

swesner wrote:Yes, Really.

Good luck with that.

I drove by Thunderbowl during my last trip about 2 weeks ago and it looked closed. Like, out of business closed. No lights on outside, parking lot was empty. I think it was about 10pm. Maybe they were closed because it was around New Year's when I drove by there, but other businesses were still open. I never went by there again during that trip. I'll try them again when I get back to Dubai.

Yeah I thought it looked pretty quiet last night too when I drove by it, also around 10 pm... so perhaps you're right. They're about to build a kickass massive interchange there, so perhaps it's going going gone.

Again though... there are others on SZR, the question is do you need a venue with alcohol?
^ian^

Jan 17, 2007
bushra21 wrote:Emirates Mall, Snooker Village, Most clubs have them....

Don't forget 8-Ball City.
^ian^

Jan 17, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
bushra21 wrote:Emirates Mall, Snooker Village, Most clubs have them....

Don't forget 8-Ball City.

Where is 8-ball City & Snooker Village?

Alcohol is not necessary, but I would like to find some better pool players or tournaments in Dubai, as opposed to the average hit 'em hard and hope something goes in player...
swesner
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 17, 2007
when i say clubs i mean nadi's....not like discos or something. becuase i havent been to any so i would know if they did or not.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 20, 2007
There is a pool hall on the road from Diyafah Street to Bur Dubai. opposite Chin Chin chinese or thereabouts
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Pool & billiards in Dubai? Jan 20, 2007
swesner wrote:Hi everyone,
I've been to Dubai 5 times now, and will be making Dubai my home in March 2007 :D The only place I've found to play pool so far is Rock Bottom. Are there any other places to play? Are there any pool tournaments in Dubai? I'll be living in the Palm Jumeriah, so if anyone knows of a billiards establishment near there, please let me know!

If I have to drive to play pool, I will, but I'm having a difficult time finding anyone that knows where to play pool at :( I'm sure there are other places than Rock Bottom...right? :dontknow:

Thanks

well i go to thuderbowl usually.. its a nice place. good service etc.

also has bowling as a +

let me know if you wanna go to pool, love that game :)
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Pool & billiards in Dubai? Jan 20, 2007

also has bowling as a +

Is Thunderbowl still in business? Have you been there this month?
I'll be back in Dubai (for good this time :D ) around March 20th, looking forward to playing some pool when I get back.
swesner
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2007
I'd suggest "snooker world" at Ittihad Road. Most of the big competetions happen there as well.
ig8888
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 20, 2007
I think that you will find them in the Bowling Centre too.
Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2007
well a bunch of us just came from the "jabel ali club" next to the gardens....nice place...and they have pool...but of course...its way off for some people..!
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Pool & billiards in Dubai? Jan 21, 2007
swesner wrote:

also has bowling as a +

Is Thunderbowl still in business? Have you been there this month?
I'll be back in Dubai (for good this time :D ) around March 20th, looking forward to playing some pool when I get back.

well no i wasnt in the country for quite sometime.. so havent been to thunderbowl for atleast 2months.. but anywys.. there are many nice places around here..

send me a pm with your msn or yahoo, we will stay in touch. i am up for a game of pool anytime :)
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2007
im in...kashif....lets organize something...for next week or so...??
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2007
cyrix wrote:im in...kashif....lets organize something...for next week or so...??

will send you a pm.. sounds like a good idea :)
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2007
There are tons of places in the area behind Lamcy Plaza
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 22, 2007
Finnegans at the Palm Hotel next to Hard Rock has a few tables.

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat