Police Cracking Down On Drivers Using Phones

Topic locked
Police cracking down on drivers using phones Oct 03, 2011
Noticed it a lot today. The police were pretty active in certain areas of Dubai, pulling people over for being on their phones. It's about time, but as I said before, it's a shame someone of note had to die for action to become aggressive. Let's hope they keep it up and people learn to be more responsible behind the wheel.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Police Cracking Down On Drivers Using Phones Oct 03, 2011
I think there are much more serious traffic problems that just driving while talking on the phone, which cannot be proven to be the leading cause of road fatlities here. But I guess every little step helps.

Like I said before, all the right laws are in place, its the enforcement thats the problem.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Police cracking down on drivers using phones Oct 03, 2011
Totally agree with you. But it's sad that it takes something nasty for action to be taken, they should be doing it anyway. But for the phones it looks like they're fining people at least 1,000 Dhs on the spot.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Police cracking down on drivers using phones Oct 03, 2011
It sure seems dangerous. When ever I see a car drifting out of it's lane, it's a good bet the driver is on the phone.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Police Cracking Down On Drivers Using Phones Oct 03, 2011
Its only in the lime light because someone famous got killed, although that is sad and it should be stopped, there are many many simple things the law and motorists themself can do to avoid such.

Lets hope the pressure stays on and not only people talking on the phone are singled out.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat