Plastic Scouring Pads?

Topic locked
May 23, 2006
OK news from the bank, a minor problem. Apparently if we want enough Scourers' to meet the expected demand, we are going to need at least 5 fully loaded container ships of Zimbabwee dollars to pay for them.

I will equire to Jebel Ali Free Port Authority to see if we can reserve the "whole port" for 3 months. This could be a problem as nothing else could be shipped into the Emirates during this period.

This could cause severe food and other essential's shortages. I doubt whether Burger king or Mcdonalds would accept this.

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 23, 2006
Sometimes, we all have to make sacrifices for a greater good - and surely just seeing the delight on Fayz's face and his fellow sufferers, means that its a sacrifice worth taking.
That money is going to take some serious counting though! I'll have to see if I can get hold of one of those little rubber thimble things you put on the end of your finger! Might come in handy, though will make quite a hole in the finances though!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
I agree zooter with regard to the nobbly rubber finger money counter device.

I have been online and logged onto the RAC and AA routefinder. I keyed in a road route from zimbabwee to the UAE. The only practicable route was via Paris going south on the Champs Ellesse.

I then calculated the number of 40 tons Artics to carry the cash and it would mean a tailback of traffic from the SZR to Paris.

I contacted Dubai Traffic Dept and they estimate the congestion would mean it would take 9 days to travel from Dubai To Sharja. This could cause a big problem on launch day.

However the good news is that the Dubai Traffic Dept are interest in us supply their patrol cars with Scourer's. Apparently they are currently undergoing a feasability study to encourage all Police Cars to have the cleanest "windscreen" in the Emirates. They think our scourer's will do the job.
arniegang

Re: Plastic Scouring Pads? May 23, 2006
easternjewel wrote:Scouring Pads are evrywhere! yes the plastic ones! I m sorry I cudnt read 6 pages on this so I duno if any1 has already suggested you where they are available but I know they are, since my mom gets them in bulk!

WICKED!!!! can you ask your mom which store she buys them from? I really appreciate it, thanks.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:I agree zooter with regard to the nobbly rubber finger money counter device.

I have been online and logged onto the RAC and AA routefinder. I keyed in a road route from zimbabwee to the UAE. The only practicable route was via Paris going south on the Champs Ellesse.

I then calculated the number of 40 tons Artics to carry the cash and it would mean a tailback of traffic from the SZR to Paris.

I contacted Dubai Traffic Dept and they estimate the congestion would mean it would take 9 days to travel from Dubai To Sharja. This could cause a big problem on launch day.

However the good news is that the Dubai Traffic Dept are interest in us supply their patrol cars with Scourer's. Apparently they are currently undergoing a feasability study to encourage all Police Cars to have the cleanest "windscreen" in the Emirates. They think our scourer's will do the job.

Hmmm, this could cause quite a problem I admit. Erm, I think logistics should come under DK's remit actually!
We should concentrate on ensuring the counting of the money is done on time and also ensure that we get a suitable on-screen wife for Fayz's infomercial. DK can sort the traffic problems as part of his event management duties.
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:However the good news is that the Dubai Traffic Dept are interest in us supply their patrol cars with Scourer's. Apparently they are currently undergoing a feasability study to encourage all Police Cars to have the cleanest "windscreen" in the Emirates. They think our scourer's will do the job.

This looks an interesting development. I wonder if they'd be interested in having them a special colour - rather that the current luminous colours that are available?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
I couldn't have a thread 7 pages long on scouring pads go without a post from me.

So here it is.

hmmm.. not that interesting in here...

What are scouring pads anyway? :)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 23, 2006
shafique wrote:I couldn't have a thread 7 pages long on scouring pads go without a post from me.

So here it is.

Not that interesting??!?!?!?! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fayz is the scouring pad expert - so your question is best directed to him. You could try page one for a brief description and a picture too!! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
shafique wrote:I couldn't have a thread 7 pages long on scouring pads go without a post from me.

So here it is.

Not Interesting :shock: :shock: :shock:

What are Scouring Pads :shock: :shock: :shock:

You need to get out more Shaf, this will be the new product to hit DXB this year.
arniegang

May 23, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
arniegang wrote:However the good news is that the Dubai Traffic Dept are interest in us supply their patrol cars with Scourer's. Apparently they are currently undergoing a feasability study to encourage all Police Cars to have the cleanest "windscreen" in the Emirates. They think our scourer's will do the job.

This looks an interesting development. I wonder if they'd be interested in having them a special colour - rather that the current luminous colours that are available?

Maybe Dark Green and White ??
arniegang

May 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:
the_zooter wrote:

Maybe Dark Green and White ??

Perfect!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
what about a nice red for the fire service, what you think ??
arniegang

Re: Plastic Scouring Pads? May 23, 2006
fayz wrote:
easternjewel wrote:Scouring Pads are evrywhere! yes the plastic ones! I m sorry I cudnt read 6 pages on this so I duno if any1 has already suggested you where they are available but I know they are, since my mom gets them in bulk!

WICKED!!!! can you ask your mom which store she buys them from? I really appreciate it, thanks.

They're available in local markets, you know in Deira those Iranian shops? they sell Iranian sweets, Dry fruits, nuts, spices etc? that market.

urgh or wait, news from my maid lol she saw this picture on here & when I xplained it to her, she said "what this man is crazy" LOL!
she says go to places like "day to day' 'discount center' 'Gift market'
theyre the dollar stores kind. Gud luck. & if you cant find them, I will get em for you.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 23, 2006
Its all a lie and a cunning plot Fayz

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:Its all a lie and a cunning plot Fayz

:lol: :lol: :lol:

give me a share & I will repeat after you :lol:
easternjewel

May 23, 2006
OK EJ , you, your dad, your mum and your maid and pet hampster are in on the deal.

We will discuss share options when DK and Zooter are available

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang

May 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:OK EJ , you, your dad, your mum and your maid and pet hampster are in on the deal.

Well, she's gonna have to be in on it now - or the whole deal is scuppered!! Erm - obviously don't tell EJ all this!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
I have got two little kids and loads of work to do that I can manage without scouring pads! I am gonna sue you guys for taking my time being so addictively funny - I think you are doing it illegally and don't have a license to do so.

You guys are going to get into the litigation wrangle even before you launch your firm.

I thought only Arnie on this forum has no work - you too zooter??
audreygaur
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2006
audreygaur wrote:I thought only Arnie on this forum has no work - you too zooter??

Erm, my boss is away this week :oops:
Nobody tell him - ok? Its a secret between us DF members :wink:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
Haven't lost hope on scoring a few thousand shares on the deal. So here is some additonal marketing advice.:

How about commissioning 50 "Scouring Man" figures like those yellow ones out on the streets in Dubai at the moment (they look like the Michellene Man and must mean something) or the camel figures one sees about town. "Scouring Man" doesn't need to be just one colour - Each Scouring Pad Color = a different Color Scouring Man.

I say Scouring Man should be placed no less apart than every 1/2 Kilometer on SZR.

Money will just pour in!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 23, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
arniegang wrote:OK EJ , you, your dad, your mum and your maid and pet hampster are in on the deal.

Well, she's gonna have to be in on it now - or the whole deal is scuppered!! Erm - obviously don't tell EJ all this!

Sources have revealed me that piece of info. :lol:
I, EJ, therefore want a bigger share, & will not settle for equal.:cheers:
easternjewel

May 23, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
the_zooter wrote:

Sources have revealed me that piece of info. :lol:
I, EJ, therefore want a bigger share, & will not settle for equal.:cheers:

Erm, I'm gonna have to discuss this with my partners!
What about a $500 share in the business??

Please note: Currency used is the Zimbabwean Dollar.
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
lol, you guys are a riot, thank you EJ for offering advise, that is until you got greedy and joined the conspiracy hehe.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 23, 2006
fayz wrote:lol, you guys are a riot, thank you EJ for offering advise, that is until you got greedy and joined the conspiracy hehe.

Hey - I'd like to point out that we are doing all this for you (and to make money on the Zimbabwean stock market!).
And don't forget - you'll be in that infomercial with CZJ!!
Sure you don't want to join the dark side??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 23, 2006
In one of the post I read arnie mention bout shipping and stuff? you guys wana import scrubbers? are you insane?? I will get them from wholesalers in local market & we will black them to desparate buyers like Fayz :lol: :lol:
easternjewel

May 23, 2006
& no... I am not greeeedy... not yet 8) 8) :lol:
easternjewel

May 23, 2006
when are ya going to deliver this kid .............Fayz :P

frankly speaking i am tired of ya ..........i would apperciate if ya dont seek advices from E.J or try to get frank wid her ......

do ya copy me?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 24, 2006
easternjewel wrote:In one of the post I read arnie mention bout shipping and stuff? you guys wana import scrubbers? are you insane?? I will get them from wholesalers in local market & we will black them to desparate buyers like Fayz :lol: :lol:

Yeah, good idea. Erm, Arnie was talking about shipping in the money, from our bankers in Zimbabwe!
So let me get this straight, the board of directors has increased to:
Arniegang
zooter
Dubaiknight
Easternjewel
concord

Oh, and of course endorsement rights belong to Fayz!

Gees - this is rapidly spinning out of control!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 24, 2006
it'll be the largest IPO the ZSE has ever seen,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 24, 2006
fayz wrote:it'll be the largest IPO the ZSE has ever seen,

Definately - I don't think they'll be able to print the money fast enough to fill all the container ships that Arnie has got lined up!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat