Plastic Scouring Pads?

Topic locked
May 27, 2006
arniegang wrote:
GAB wrote:I had a clandestine rendezvous with fayz and his pal in industrial espionage in a public supermarket (he was posing as a shopper). However the meeting was one man short because fayz was avoiding me in the aisles. I believe he has found a source for the PSP's at unbelievable wholesale prices. We are planning on our franchise. At the moment we are trying to determine a suitable name to counter your "Scourers R Us". I suggested "Scrubbers R Us". My colleagues suggested this could be misleading.

It's all a lie.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And you know why they are lying?? Because they are scared of our dominance in the market place!

the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 28, 2006
Yea, ya wanna watch that Gabs, she's a wascal and a wobber.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 28, 2006
Gentlemen...I have just come hot foot (and slightly cold elbow) from a clandestine rendezvous with our appointed undercover contractor and Mr Bill 'Nosher' McKillem has assured me that the 'EJ and Associates' issue is in hand and he wants another 'Pony, in a brahn envelope!' (to use his terminology) for the requisite work on the Korean legal issue...I am sure the bored will be able to suffer this from Petty Cash as I only had a 'score' on me at the time and duly 'doshed him up' in prep for the next little job!

Ah yes, Arnie...Nosher asked if you were looking for a 'safe' job? Apparently he and Big Willie are doing one tomorrow night! You may know more about this than I as he said he was looking for a 'good wheels man, wiv a bastard motah'? Someone who can; 'Stick 'is boot dahn and get it up ter seveny seven'!

Apparently I was wise in instigating the close quarter general surveillance programme for any potential suspected deviants who may try to 'muscle in on the action' and the aforementioned illicit rendezvous at a supermarket was indeed captured on camera by one of Noshers operatives (many thanks to Mrs Patel on this one who asks if it is ok now to remove the miniature camera from her little Vijays mouth as he is getting hungry and is fed up with sitting in the shopping trolley seat) so the matter is in hand and it is suggested that anyone who frequents Al Maya Lals to avoid it on monday evening as there will undoubtedly be a tragic conflagration...thereby reducing the potential of any stock of PSD's to a sticky gob on the floor...nuff said!

Your man in disguise...hiding in the flower arrangement at Spinneys in the Marina, keeping a watchful eye on that dodgy Liban geezer!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 28, 2006
Good work. Let me know if you need back-up for the operation as I know people in high places and low places!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2006
yes - excellent work as always DK
You know really, we should give you a special undercover code name, because we wouldn't want people to know this is you, if you know what I mean?? No? Not sure I do either!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 28, 2006
fayz wrote:
GAB wrote:I had a clandestine rendezvous with fayz and his pal in industrial espionage in a public supermarket (he was posing as a shopper). .

You never know who is watching, when millions of ZD's are at stake all caution must be taken. I will be meeting EJ's assistant directly under the sun in 20 mins.

:lol: I think we've all been out in the summer sunshine just a little too long.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
I'm in DK, the V12 fulled up and ready to to roll.
arniegang

May 28, 2006
Fax machine beebs and spits out the following letter:

To:
Scourer's R'Us
Zimbabwe-Dubai Holdings
Jebel Ali

Regional Environment Protection Agency (REPA)
Dubai, UAE

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR YOUR OPERATION IN THE UAE

The REPA has recently suceeded in lobbying his highness the Sheikh to ban super-hardened category F plastics from this country. This ruling came into effect as of 5 am this morning. As you may well know, environmental laws are applied to all freezone areas without exception.

It has come to our attention that your scouring products are made from super-hardened category F plastic. In addition to this, the shape and design of your product also causes concern. Birds and sea creatures have been found tangled in the strings of scouring pads that were thrown overboard or dumped into the gulf in trash bags. The creatures were immobilised, starved, maimed and choked by the kind of scouring pads produced by your company. Finally, the dyes used to colour the scouring pads have been found to leech into the water system and cause neurological problems in humans.

If you wish to continue business in the UAE you must do the following,

1. Replace the current plastic used with type A biodegradable plastic that degrades rapidly when exposed to water.
2. Redesign your product so that the strings release with heavy pressure, such as would be found when a tangled animal struggles to free itself.
3. Make the plastic softer so that it is gentle on any creature that becomes trapped in the strings.
4. Remove the dye from your product as the chemicals are harmful for animals and the environment.
5. Initiate a scourer recycling programme and use old scourers to make new scourers.
6. Donate 5% of your yearly profit to the REPA to be used to help improve the environment in this region.

You have 60 days to comply with these regulations or your operations will be closed.

Ms. Kanelli
Enforcement Officer
Regional Evironment Protection Agency (REPA)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 28, 2006
kanelli wrote:Fax machine beebs and spits out the following letter:

To:
Scourer's R'Us
Zimbabwe-Dubai Holdings
Jebel Ali

Dubai, UAE

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR YOUR OPERATION IN THE UAE

The REPA has recently suceeded in lobbying his highness the Sheikh to ban super-hardened category F plastics from this country. This ruling came into effect as of 5 am this morning. As you may well know, environmental laws are applied to all freezone areas without exception.

It has come to our attention that your scouring products are made from super-hardened category F plastic. In addition to this, the shape and design of your product also causes concern. Birds and sea creatures have been found tangled in the strings of scouring pads that were thrown overboard or dumped into the gulf in trash bags. The creatures were immobilised, starved, maimed and choked by the kind of scouring pads produced by your company. Finally, the dyes used to colour the scouring pads have been found to leech into the water system and cause neurological problems in humans.

If you wish to continue business in the UAE you must do the following,

1. Replace the current plastic used with type A biodegradable plastic that degrades rapidly when exposed to water.
2. Redesign your product so that the strings release with heavy pressure, such as would be found when a tangled animal struggles to free itself.
3. Make the plastic softer so that it is gentle on any creature that becomes trapped in the strings.
4. Remove the dye from your product as the chemicals are harmful for animals and the environment.
5. Initiate a scourer recycling programme and use old scourers to make new scourers.
6. Donate 5% of your yearly profit to the REPA to be used to help improve the environment in this region.

You have 60 days to comply with these regulations or your operations will be closed.

Ms. Kanelli
Enforcement Officer

Dear REPA

Becaus at "Scourers R Us" we take environmental matter very seriously not just in the region but throughout the world (our marke place) I am taking the extraordinary, ex-parte, step of responding to your letter. I trust that the Board will ratify this response under the urgency of the circumstances as the last thing we want to do is harm the environment.

Without revealing trade-secrets here are the responses to your concerns.

No.1. Materials: We do not use the material you are refering to. What we use is international trade secret (the Chinese have been trying mightly to get hold of the formulal and re-engineer the product).

No.2. Relaese Mechanism: SPS have the best release mechanisms invented by man or woman (pattented mechanism - one of few patents sealed for 30 years so we are not at liberty to disclose the patent number).

No.3 Softness. Have you used one? Softer than a baby bottom!

No.4 Dyes: Not on SPS's (must have confused SPS' with stuff passing as hair on some of the women - and men- at the many malls in your region)

No.4 Recycling: SPS's degrade into fertile soil (again a pattented process)

No. 5 Donations: The reasons for Scourers R Us being located in Dubai is because we are confident that we will receive many awards and dontations on our excellent Environmental Record.

We challenge you to prove any environmentally harmful actions on the part of Scourers R Us and its PSP's. If you insist on further "responses" or information, please obtain a Subpoena and we will respond accordingly.

Scourer R Us
Environmetal Group.

P.S. A complimentary package of PSP's has been posted (C.O.D).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2006
Concord wrote:

P.P.S. The package may be ticking, but please return if it doesn't go off on opening!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 28, 2006
i am speechless...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 28, 2006
constantine wrote:i am speechless...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 28, 2006
Excellent work Mr Concord! The bored are pleased with your response to the government who, once again, seem to want to restrict free trade in something that many households consider to be vital to their everyday lives.
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 28, 2006
Shit, i knew K and her environental lobby would be on our back, nice one Concs, the Board will not forget the excellent way you handled these Environment loonies.
arniegang

May 28, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
Concord wrote:

P.P.S. The package may be ticking, but please return if it doesn't go off on opening!

Knight

Way to go buddy, dont fuk with the DF Mafia is the message.

Any news on EJ's fluffy doggie and the Maid contract??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 29, 2006
Nosher has promised me a report on action in the next few days, apparently there is a slight delay due to the pouring schedule at the site...when they get the mix right, there will be space available! I have told him to reserve a few extra spaces as there seem to be a number of additional candidates in the pipeline.

In the meantime, he has sourced a reliable supplier of chains by the metre and there is research being carried out as to the depth of the Marina...and the new shipment of 'jelly' has arrived!

We are ready to rock!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 29, 2006
DK,

I imagine they have tought of this but "concrete shoes" will be a natural in this environment (and at a discount!).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
Concord wrote:DK,

I imagine they have tought of this but "concrete shoes" will be a natural in this environment (and at a discount!).

Apparently there is a requirement for some substantial 'shoe work' at the new Palm Deira...we are negotiating a bulk discount at this moment...

8) 8) 8)

Der Management

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 29, 2006
BADABING!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
constantine wrote:i am speechless...

You're speechless???? all i fricken wanted was some plastic scouring pads!!!!
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 29, 2006
Fax machine beeps and spits out the following document:

To:
Scourer's R'Us
Zimbabwe-Dubai Holdings
Jebel Ali

Dubai, UAE

CHEMICAL ANALYSIS REPORT

We have received your letter in response to our environment order on your company. There is false information what we wish to correct.

Attached is the chemical analysis report on your product that proves you are using super-hardened category F plastic, in addition to poisonous dyes. Please look through the report and feel free to contact me with any questions.

REPA would like to remind you that you now have 59 days to comply with the order or you will be forced to cease operations in the UAE.

Ms. Kanelli
Enforcement Officer

Attached: Chemical Analysis Report
CC: His Highness the Sheikh
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2006
Dear Ms. Kanelli,

In response to your latest letter, we enclose herewith some SPS' for your use as apparently your glasses need scouring with our soft naturally dyed SPS'. It is obvious that our letter was only partially read or comprehended. To be fair we attribute that to the smudge on your reading glasses (thus the enclosed SPS').

Again,

Environmental Group
Scourers R Us.

P.S. This is the last time we will respond to a letter from REPA (regardless of signator or whoever is cc'ed on it) unless accompanied by a duly issued subpoena.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
nice one Concs

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

May 29, 2006
yeah, good one Concs - I like the way you gave a perfect rebuttle to the letter, and also included a sample of what we have to offer!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 29, 2006
Time to think about diversification.

If you see the other thread "Bycicles on Dubai Roads" there are a few potential markets:

1. Bycicles
2. Funeral Homes
3. Hospitals (or healthcare in general - including a hostile take over of a wheelchair manufacturer or supplier)

Of course such brilliant decision by the Dubai Municipality will help "Scourers R Us" as there has to be a way to clean-up the blood off the road once the byciclist start gettign run over by the 100's.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
Excellent idea
The Bored will take these ideas into account!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 29, 2006
Zoots

Bored = fed up

Board = directors

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang

May 29, 2006
arniegang wrote:Zoots

Bored = fed up

Board = directors

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh, erm, I knew that.
Must have been a freudian slip of the tongue (and keyboard)!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 29, 2006
you do it a lot, it was doing my head in

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang

May 29, 2006
I spotted it too and I thought Zoot was being funny and since this is serious business I simply ignored it.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat