Plastic Scouring Pads?

Topic locked
May 25, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
the_zooter wrote:This leaves us in a tricky position, as our market research had shown that whilst there was significant support and demand for PSP (Plastic Scouring Pads), these were not available within Dubai, nor the wider UAE community.

*knocks on meeting door*

*enters room*

Gentleman, I represent the Group of Independent Traders of Sony (G.I.T.S) and on behalf will pursue a class action against Scourer's R' US's infringement of the trademark "PSP" acronym.

Good day to you all.

*exits room*

Erm, obviously we weren't going to market them as PSP's - it was just to save time in the meeting - honest!!
Really though, this should have been brought up in AOB - and the secretary hasn't moved to that yet!

the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
Thank you Mr Zooter.

The board needs to discus the options. Firstly i would like to point out to the board that the alledged possession of the PSP's are unconfirmed.

At this moment in time, we will assume that we are not being hoodwinked by this College Student and her Maid. It is interesting to note from previous post's by Miss Jewel that the picture posted by her was indeed the same picture posted by Mr Fayz.

Although not conclusive, it is my personal belief that Miss Jewel is a con artist and does not in fact possess any PSP's or PSD's ( plastic scouring device).

Therefore my proposal to the board is in the first instance, contact a regular spammer on these forums called VIP Protection Service.

If the board will authorise the expenditure to not exceed 5 million Zimbabwee $, then VIP could do an initial covert surveilance operation to monitor Miss Jewels maid on her daily shopping trips to the cheapo shops she obviously frequents.

We should be able to establish if there are indeed any PSP's or PSD's available in Dubai.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 25, 2006
Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk we have been infiltrated by Sony. I propose an emergency Agenda item to discuss a name change form PSP to PSD.

Proposal

I formally propose we now refer to our product in the marketplace as PSD's

Can i have a seconder please.
arniegang

May 25, 2006
The GITS are after you :lol:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk we have been infiltrated by Sony. I propose an emergency Agenda item to discuss a name change form PSP to PSD.

Proposal

I second that!

Oh, and I duly authorise you to do the detective work, but only to a value of $3m ZWD - we have to tighten the purse strings
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
Nooooooooo not the GITS pleaseeeeeeeee

(quivering in his chair)

Ok board this requires drastic action. I formally propose we employ the services of and EDATMI's (Emergency Defence against Trade Mark Infingements) and its subsidary TWATS ( Tinky Winky Anti Terrorists )
arniegang

May 25, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
arniegang wrote:Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk we have been infiltrated by Sony. I propose an emergency Agenda item to discuss a name change form PSP to PSD.

Proposal

I second that!

Oh, and I duly authorise you to do the detective work, but only to a value of $3m ZWD - we have to tighten the purse strings

Ok thank you Mr Zooter.

Motion carried after i have been to the toilet.

The board also agrees to the expenditure as per our company accountant Mr Zooter has advised
arniegang

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:Nooooooooo not the GITS pleaseeeeeeeee

(quivering in his chair)

Ok board this requires drastic action. I formally propose we employ the services of and EDATMI's (Emergency Defence against Trade Mark Infingements) and its subsidary TWATS ( Tinky Winky Anti Terrorists )

I agree!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
Have you anything more to add Mr Zooter before i close this meeting?
arniegang

May 25, 2006
Soory I missed the board meeting but had to make sure the bank would have enought storage space for my cash. Plus I had to negotiate a "volume discount" fee arrangment with the broker.

Anyway, the best marketing news I have heard so far is the possibility of a lawsuit by Sony. Great stuff - what better way to get publicity than by being sued by Sony. The legal fees will pale in comparison with the cost of world-wide publicity to Scourer R Us. Mostl likely we will loose if the lawsuit goes to trial buty all the publicity will take place immediately and everyone will associate PSP with Socoures R Us (Plastic Scourer Pad). I say let the bastards sue us. Better if they sue us in every jurisdiction!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2006
Concord wrote:Soory I missed the board meeting but had to make sure the bank would have enought storage space for my cash. Plus I had to negotiate a "volume discount" fee arrangment with the broker.

Anyway, the best marketing news I have heard so far is the possibility of a lawsuit by Sony. Great stuff - what better way to get publicity than by being sued by Sony. The legal fees will pale in comparison with the cost of world-wide publicity to Scourer R Us. Mostl likely we will loose if the lawsuit goes to trial buty all the publicity will take place immediately and everyone will associate PSP with Socoures R Us (Plastic Scourer Pad). I say let the bastards sue us. Better if they sue us in every jurisdiction!

An excellent point Mr Concord. Erm, I assume we are onto Any Other Business now Mr Secretary??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
Thank you Mr Conc

Your apologies are accepted and indeed welcomed with the news and idea's you have brought to the boards attention.

Let battle commence, Sony do your best, we will not let you intimidate us and our pretty pastel PSP's.

The board meeting is now closed @ 11.55 UK time, there being no other business.
arniegang

May 25, 2006
ohhh sorry Mr Zooter.

Do you have AOB??
arniegang

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:Thank you Mr Conc

Your apologies are accepted and indeed welcomed with the news and idea's you have brought to the boards attention.

Let battle commence, Sony do your best, we will not let you intimidate us and our pretty pastel PSP's.

The board meeting is now closed @ 11.55 UK time, there being no other business.

Agreed!
Erm, will you be circulating copies of the minutes to those absent?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:ohhh sorry Mr Zooter.

Do you have AOB??

Oh, er, no! Thanks!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
OK ty, the meeting is formally closed. The minutes will be posted within the next 24 hours and after at least another 3 pages on this thread.

:D
arniegang

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:OK ty, the meeting is formally closed. The minutes will be posted within the next 24 hours and after at least another 3 pages on this thread.

:D

We'd better get typing!!
I suppose we now wait for further demands from EJ and her maid??
Have you managed to source some sample PSP's for delivery to Dubai next month?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
I am currently doing Market Surveys of all the cheap crap shops in the South West.
arniegang

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:I am currently doing Market Surveys of all the cheap crap shops in the South West.

Do you normally frequent them - or is this just purely for market research??
Erm, maybe I should revisit my copy of FHM's Top 100 babes - purely to find some more suitable candidates to star alongside Fayz and EJ in the infomercial!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
Good god NOOOOOOOO, i dont shop where the poor people shop EVER. I have standards you know.

This is purely in the name of research.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:pmsl i just noticed this

end screen… fayz comes in and says “life can be easier if you have the right tools” sunsets in the background, 

Fayzy, are we talking Scourers's here or your tackle behind your zip mate?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marketing 101 induendo sells. ;)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:Good god NOOOOOOOO, i dont shop where the poor people shop EVER. I have standards you know.

This is purely in the name of research.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

never forget your targe audience, wear plastic gloves and get knee deep into it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 25, 2006
fayz wrote:never forget your targe audience, wear plastic gloves and get knee deep into it.

We are still talking PSP's, right??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
yes PSP's rule
arniegang

May 25, 2006
Em Hello gentlemen, I am Miss Jewels assistant & I will be assisting her. Meet her Dog Pullu Chullu. Although Miss Jewel & myself are aware that animals are not allowed in the board room but Miss Jewel treats her dog as her own son therefore she wants Pullu Chullu to attend all the meeting. And she insists that no body gives Pullu chullu abbreviation or pet name and that he is addressed with his full name by respect.

She apologizes for not being present in the meeting. She was at a ermmm Tan bed.

I will soon forward Fayz Ad script & Arnie’s topless suggestion to Madame.
Good day gentlemen. If any.
EJsAssistan

May 25, 2006
EJsAssistan wrote:Em Hello gentlemen, I am Miss Jewels assistant & I will be assisting her. Meet her Dog Pullu Chullu. Although Miss Jewel & myself are aware that animals are not allowed in the board room but Miss Jewel treats her dog as her own son therefore she wants Pullu Chullu to attend all the meeting. And she insists that no body gives Pullu chullu abbreviation or pet name and that he is addressed with his full name by respect.

She apologizes for not being present in the meeting. She was at a ermmm Tan bed.

I will soon forward Fayz Ad script & Arnie’s topless suggestion to Madame.
Good day gentlemen. If any.

WHAT????
I think power has gone to EJ's head!!! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
lmao!!!
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 25, 2006
I have a sneaky feeling that EJsAssistan is in fact HP, rather than EasternJewel!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2006
I am completely speechless, shocked is an understatement.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
arniegang

May 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:I am completely speechless, shocked is an understatement.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We need to get moving on the private detective thing - and fast!
Also, DK's input would be appreciated. I notice he is back!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat