Pets In Dubai

Topic locked
Pets in Dubai Sep 04, 2006
HI,

I have done some searching for this question in the forums, but thought I would ask more directly.

We are looking to move to Dubai with our 35 pound dog. My question is: how difficult is it to find an apartment with a pet? Are there places to let the dog run off leash? Any experiences with bringing pets to Dubai would be appreciated. My husband will be working in Internet City so we would like to live near there.

Thank you.

jp1975
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Pets in Dubai Sep 04, 2006
jp1975 wrote:HI,

I have done some searching for this question in the forums, but thought I would ask more directly.

We are looking to move to Dubai with our 35 pound dog. My question is: how difficult is it to find an apartment with a pet? Are there places to let the dog run off leash? Any experiences with bringing pets to Dubai would be appreciated. My husband will be working in Internet City so we would like to live near there.

Thank you.

Keeping the dog in the apt depends on the landlord and building rules. It also depends on whether the dog is used to apt living.

Dubaigirl (in this forum) previously posted that she had recently brought a dog to Dubai (it depends on where from, etc.). A lot of people have dogs but I think the best option if you have a dog is to have a villa but NEVER so you can leave the dog outdoors (as that is nothing less than animal cruelty). Nevertheless many people have dogs indoors but you must consider that walking the dogs cannot be done in parks or beaches as they are not allowed. Thus you will want to livin in an area that has sidewalks in the neighborhood so you can walk it. I'm sure others with pets will be of better help as I have no pets in Dubia (just pet peeves).

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
Hi there! Concord remembers well, we moved here about a year ago from the US, and our dog (bassett hound - weight 55 lbs) came via a company called Air Animal. They handled all of the paperwork for us and worked with the Dubai Kennell and Cattery here in Dubai to do the Dubai end of the paperwork. It was a 3 day journey for her beginning in Tulsa, Oklahoma: then to Houston (was met by an agent and spent the night with them) then back on board the plane to Frankfort (met again by an agent) which spent time w/her feeding, watering, etc her prior to long trip from Frankfort to Dubai. DKC then met her in Dubai, got her through customs and delivered her to our front door. She was pretty tramatized, and had a bad couple of weeks (felt sick and not herself). We also have a chocolate lab that is 11 and decided it would be too tramatic for her to make the trip. Guess all in all it cost us about 4,000.00 US dollars to get our pet here, but am soooooooooooo glad that she is here w/us. I believe Air Animal is a worldwide pet travel company, and is highly recommended. They even airmailed me and let me know how her trip was going, delays, etc. They have a website airanimal.com. Will check as soon as I can, and get back to you on this subject. If I can help w/ more advise, please don't hestitate to contact me.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 04, 2006
Yep, I was right. The website is airanimal.com and they are a international pet moving company!!! Just go to their website and look around. They are totally awesome!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 05, 2006
A villa is best for a dog. Plus there aren't really any places to let your dog off the lead, unless you go for walks in the desert or have sadny areas around where you live. Dogs are banned from the parks and beaches.

It's way too hot during the summer to leave dogs outside, however in the winter it's pretty pleasant for them so long as they have shelter and all the usual things they need.

Dubai Kennels are very good at helping out with things. I brought my dog over from the UK with Sky Cargo and they were brillant, very helpful.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat