Pardoned Rasta

Topic locked
Pardoned Rasta Feb 26, 2008
So the Cops found a microscopic speck of pot on the guy's shoe and jailed him for nearly five months [out of a 4 year sentence].

So why did he get pardoned ??????

g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
Who knows, they do random pardonings every now and then, especially during ramadan.

However I do think the sentence was uncalled for, for goodness sake he could have stepped in it anywhere.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2008
Choc -
That's what I was wondering. How could someone get convicted for having a piece of paper on their foot ? It's like saying that if I have some doggy doodaas on me loafas, that I've been pooing everywhere :lol: :lol:

Either way, I'm glad the fella got pardoned.

Maybe otehr countries could take a few lessons learned from the jails here ? [another topic, I know] The UK is overflowing with jailbirds, who seem to have the life of luxury inside. Bring back breaking rocks and other stuff. And hands off for robbers. Aaaand a little guillotine for those bstds who rape [I'm sure you can guess the purpose of the hardware!] etcetc
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
He was pardoned because our magnificent ruler Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum reviewed the case of the man and saw his deserving of a pardon.

He is a busy man though so he cannot review every case but you will see that he is fair and just and very generous.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
Why did I think of pasta when I read this?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 26, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Why did I think of pasta when I read this?

haha exactly the same thought here!

Anyway I find that it was quite pathetic that he actually got convicted for 4 years. Even spending a day in jail for this is unjust.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2008
Well exactly, he was hardly in possession now was he in the first place, he should enver have been convicted of anything.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat