Outrageous Article In Gulf News

Topic locked
Jul 09, 2006
Liban wrote:There are ways around everything here though. Lets keep that in mind.

So you cannot work as a secretary. No problem, then your title is receptionist but you do secretarial things... No law against having many receptionists.

:)

Way to go Liban, my company already did this :D, now our Secretaires are titled "Assistants cum Executives"... I guess that's what all companies are about to do.. however this might encourage some Locals to apply for certain positions and maybe get quite qualified for thoses...

Metallioum
Dubai Forum User

Jul 09, 2006
vixnax wrote:Wasn't there an announcement about a year ago that if you lived here for 20 years you could get citizenship?? Am I dreaming?

You are honey,,, wake up and smell the coffee, 8) 8)
Metallioum
Dubai Forum User

Jul 09, 2006
xibit wrote:i know a bengali guy he lived in the uae for more that 40 years and worked for the uae armed forces his childern were born and raised here they dont even know how to speak the bengaldishe language and speak only arabic, last year they kicked him out coz he completed his retirment age, he is now in bangldish he has no family and relatives there and had to stay in an hotel for the first six months, his childern cant get in to any school.

i feel sorry for him, he should had seen this coming and prepared him self.

I do feel sorry for him as well, but c'mon do not you think that he already knew this was going to happen, I mean eventually you will returning home, even if you spend a lifetime here, oneday, you are home again,.. he should have thought of buying a house there, learn his Children their home language, take em to vacations in summer so they can get to know their homeland... anyway that's what I think should have been done.. :D
Metallioum
Dubai Forum User

Jul 09, 2006
eventually you will returning home, even if you spend a lifetime here, oneday, you are going to return home again

to freedom and a real life :D :wink:
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 09, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:eventually you will returning home, even if you spend a lifetime here, oneday, you are going to return home again

to freedom and a real life :D :wink:

There is no better time that now for you to start your quest home.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat