An Open Letter To DEWA

Topic locked
Re: An open letter to DEWA Jan 31, 2010
You guys can argue all you want, but that wasn't the intention of this thread. Don't we have enough of those already?

Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Dr Strangeglove wrote:You guys can argue all you want, but that wasn't the intention of this thread. Don't we have enough of those already?

Your absolutely right, I still find it amazing how these people, a Dutch Guy who has never been to the UAE and an escaped criminal seem to think they know so much about me and how things work here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
Dr Strangeglove wrote:You guys can argue all you want, but that wasn't the intention of this thread. Don't we have enough of those already?

Your absolutely right, I still find it amazing how these people, a Dutch Guy who has never been to the UAE and an escaped criminal seem to think they know so much about me and how things work here.

While he may not know anything about you, he knows a lot about Dubai for someone who has never been here.
And he is generally correct in most of his observations on dubai
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Yeah good point Herve, and others.

One cannot stamp this Onion-guy down the quicksand much further. He's deep enough to be sufficated by his own incompetence anyway.

Thanks for the reflection. :D

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

back on topic please
arniegang

True. I think you should send it to DEWA headquarters and see how rapid your services will be revoked.
The contrary would be excellent service, but thats only in competitive markets. :lol:

What you say? :P
RobbyG

Re: An open letter to DEWA Feb 02, 2010
RobbyG wrote:

True. I think you should send it to DEWA headquarters and see how rapid your services will be revoked.
The contrary would be excellent service, but thats only in competitive markets. :lol:

What competitive markets do you know of in the industry of electricity and water provision?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

dee7o wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

What competitive markets do you know of in the industry of electricity and water provision?

Well, for instance, lets take electricity in my country.

In the Netherlands we have a market with different players. You have electricity producers, suppliers, wholesale traders and infrastructure service companies all playing a part in the competitive value chain of electricity.

1. Major producers are: Nuon, Essent, Eneco, Delta, Electrabel, E-ON.
2. The wholesale traders program (PV party) is a system that is lawfully responsible to buy and sell electrity on energy exchanges, by means of energy futures or simply by intake/offload of under/oversupply to a supplier party in the Over-the-Counter market (OTC). This is also done with foreign producers who are connected to our energy infrastructure (Germany, Belgium, Norway and I believe the UK)
3. The semi-government owned company TeNNet it responsible for nationwide servicing of the infrastructure (high voltage part, fixed fee). The regional suppliers and service providers are responsible for (high and low voltage) distribution and low voltage infrastructure depending on demand.

Both private households and business companies can choose the supplier they want based on price data per hour. You can lock your energy price or keep it variable and your contract can be changed every year. The biggest suppliers also have PV party inhouse, so they buy and sell their own electricity to take every competitive advantage available in the market place.

Its a highly sophisticated system.
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Its a highly sophisticated system.

From what I gather, the system is more sophisticated than the people.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:

True. Years of accumulation of incredible talent :mrgreen: :wink: 8)
:drunken:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

True. Years of accumulation of incredible talent :mrgreen: :wink: 8)
:drunken:

Unfortunately it didn't do much for the people themselves. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:

hold on...we got lower prices for electricity. :D
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I see you have that "Dutch" thing going on with butchboy. :withstupid:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I see you have that "Dutch" thing going on with butchboy. :withstupid:

Nah, he doesn't do it for me... :P
Only youuuuuuuuuuuuu, can make myyyy dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... :D
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Nah, he doesn't do it for me...

But he certainly does it to me :!: 8)
Lying Dutchwoman
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Lying Dutchwoman wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Nah, he doesn't do it for me...

But he certainly does it for me :!: 8)

Feisty. Give me a call when you had enough. 8) :mrgreen:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Feisty. Give me a call when you had enough. 8) :mrgreen:

You can always visit me at Bethlehemsteeg 23 Amsterdam

:drunken: :shock: :lol:

Probably you have already seen me once or twice :wink:
Lying Dutchwoman
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Lying Dutchwoman wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Feisty. Give me a call when you had enough. 8) :mrgreen:

You can always visit me at Bethlehemsteeg 23 Amsterdam

:drunken: :shock: :lol:

Probably you have already seen me once or twice :wink:

You're a long way from La Vie en Proost! :wink:

I assume the rates in Dubai are more interesting for you? :mrgreen: :twisted:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:You're a long way from La Vie en Proost! :wink:

So we must have met :lol:

RobbyG wrote:I assume the rates in Dubai are more interesting for you? :mrgreen: :twisted:

Looked into it. Too dangerous.
Lying Dutchwoman
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

I can imagine. But no, we haven't met. Never been there before.

What brings you to DF?
RobbyG

Re: An open letter to DEWA Feb 03, 2010
RobbyG wrote:
dee7o wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Well, for instance, lets take electricity in my country.

In the Netherlands we have a market with different players. You have electricity producers, suppliers, wholesale traders and infrastructure service companies all playing a part in the competitive value chain of electricity.

1. Major producers are: Nuon, Essent, Eneco, Delta, Electrabel, E-ON.
2. The wholesale traders program (PV party) is a system that is lawfully responsible to buy and sell electrity on energy exchanges, by means of energy futures or simply by intake/offload of under/oversupply to a supplier party in the Over-the-Counter market (OTC). This is also done with foreign producers who are connected to our energy infrastructure (Germany, Belgium, Norway and I believe the UK)
3. The semi-government owned company TeNNet it responsible for nationwide servicing of the infrastructure (high voltage part, fixed fee). The regional suppliers and service providers are responsible for (high and low voltage) distribution and low voltage infrastructure depending on demand.

Both private households and business companies can choose the supplier they want based on price data per hour. You can lock your energy price or keep it variable and your contract can be changed every year. The biggest suppliers also have PV party inhouse, so they buy and sell their own electricity to take every competitive advantage available in the market place.

Its a highly sophisticated system.

So what happens if TeNNet doesn't cut it? You still have an absolute monopoly in nationwide electricity distribution. If this TeNNet fails to produce the goods for whatever reason, the whole system is fried. Imagine this company was DEWA. Just because they distribute to other companies down the line and allow you to deal with them does not mean your service comes from multiple sources. No matter how good the rest of the links in this chain are, if TeNNet sucks, the whole system sucks. I admit, it is more sophisticated and probably much better than what we have here but has a very similar disadvantage of reliance on a single entity for the whole cycle to function.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

RobbyG wrote:I can imagine. But no, we haven't met. Never been there before.

What brings you to DF?

expansion of base....umm....client base
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

So what happens if TeNNet doesn't cut it? You still have an absolute monopoly in nationwide electricity distribution. If this TeNNet fails to produce the goods for whatever reason, the whole system is fried. Imagine this company was DEWA. Just because they distribute to other companies down the line and allow you to deal with them does not mean your service comes from multiple sources. No matter how good the rest of the links in this chain are, if TeNNet sucks, the whole system sucks. I admit, it is more sophisticated and probably much better than what we have here but has a very similar disadvantage of reliance on a single entity for the whole cycle to function.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Every government wants to keep a majority stake in critical infrastructure like energy supply. Its a strategic asset. Thats why they only privatized 49 percent of Tennet. The point is, that a government and his employees are never more competive than the free market participants as government doesn't have a profit motive. Government merely takes resources (taxes) and redistributes them where its politics deems appropriate.

For the best customer service you want to privatize your infrastructure as much as possible so the private ownership can compete and deliver quality. A private individual or entity is much more inclined to enhance productivity for the corporate benefit including valued workers and profit. Competition makes one excel in what you do best.

Without those free market incentives, worse even by government monopoly, there will never be a continuous quality improvement and fast paced customer service. Governments do not produce anything, they merely cost money. The bigger it gets, the more resources it needs.

If our government doesn't do its share for Tennet, the private sector leaves and the country is damned. So every chain has personal interest in succeeding with its part in the total value chain.
RobbyG

Re: An open letter to DEWA Feb 08, 2010
I hope dewa is reading all this :)
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: An open letter to DEWA Feb 08, 2010
dude91x wrote:I hope dewa is reading all this :)

dont think they are jobLESS 8)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat