Topic locked
May 13, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Point Given, is this something that would interest you?

Note Description: http://www.dubai.alloexpat.com/marketpl ... php?id=248

Yeah, but the Leather/Rubber things scare me :)

That was my point!!

Check it out first and let me know how it goes :)

Check what out? That's my website.

LOL...I just looked at the site, no confusion about the services you're offering kitty...but why the Greek mobile phone number...? :D

;)

I noticed you have not booked your reservation. Please do so. All of a sudden space is limited due to high demand (as of yesterday).

Come on, I know you'd love to to squeeze me in.... :P

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Point Given, is this something that would interest you?

Note Description: http://www.dubai.alloexpat.com/marketpl ... php?id=248

Yeah, but the Leather/Rubber things scare me :)

That was my point!!

Check it out first and let me know how it goes :)

Check what out? That's my website.

LOL...I just looked at the site, no confusion about the services you're offering kitty...but why the Greek mobile phone number...? :D

;)

I noticed you have not booked your reservation. Please do so. All of a sudden space is limited due to high demand (as of yesterday).

Come on, I know you'd love to to squeeze me in.... :P

SNAP!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 13, 2009
oooh, very snug! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Hapiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know..

e.hemingway
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

May 15, 2009
Absence makes the heart grow fonder,
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Abstinence makes the hard grow stronger.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump..

Yes I may have been over sensitive the other day and reacted/attacked and that may have had thousands of reasons. The point here is, on the forum, every day, people order others to be cool, we read people telling people to do things in a certain way/s or not to do it at all, we call people with names, use the joke/sarcasm as an alibi to hurt.

Those orders carry certain messages like do it my way, be cool, get over it and learn to take the verbal abuse etc..
Asking people to be cool is asking them to fit in, learn to be strong, basically, to change. Do you think we can teach people those things online..

By doing these we hurt individuals, hurt their feelings, scare them, make them unsafe, we may also cause them emotional pain.
I don’t think this is a boot camp, or a correction centre, people will behave badly or out of ordinary because each one of us are different individuals with different backgrounds, family/culture. The forum should be the resource where people take good things home from, think about and change themselves willingly; which is the safest way to do.

The important thing here is to understand how/why people behave the way they do. That knowledge allows us to get along with others, and with their ideas.
I may be able to ignore/accept your messages and come back, however, for somebody else that may come across as criticism, which might be damaging; they may shy away, shut down or hide.

A member revealed a health issue the other day and next day someone else used it as a weapon to attack; very dangerous !!
Passing judgment/attacking others when done in the comfort of our homes, front of a screen, is easy. We simply type the words without thinking the affects that might have on others.
This isn’t about keeping members happy, this is about being kind to other human beings without being judgmental, respecting differences and helping them in their need to change –if there’s the need- by putting our knowledge into the forum, not filling it with orders/borders. if you’re different in some way, be proud of it! Kia Kaha- stand strong

There are members that stopped posting simply because they encounter harshness and cruelty, because they have different ideas that clash with other’s.
Surely people will come, stay on, enjoy or not, will stay or will leave, but at the end of the day, they should make the decision to leave, not be forced into. If you go back and do some backward reading you will see..

There’re also highly intelligent individuals here on the forum with willingness to teach, make a difference in our lives, who see the need for change that would help us to integrate better/quicker.
Please do not take this as the reflection of my offense to your post; this has truly noting to do with that, this is something I have been noticing ever since I signed on the forum.
I think we all have the responsibility to provide a safe, learning and fun environment for everyone; on the forum, and out in life. :) :)

Regards
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

May 15, 2009
muyesser wrote:Speedhump..

Yes I may have been over sensitive the other day and reacted/attacked and that may have had thousands of reasons. The point here is, on the forum, every day, people order others to be cool, we read people telling people to do things in a certain way/s or not to do it at all, we call people with names, use the joke/sarcasm as an alibi to hurt.

Those orders carry certain messages like do it my way, be cool, get over it and learn to take the verbal abuse etc..
Asking people to be cool is asking them to fit in, learn to be strong, basically, to change. Do you think we can teach people those things online..

By doing these we hurt individuals, hurt their feelings, scare them, make them unsafe, we may also cause them emotional pain.
I don’t think this is a boot camp, or a correction centre, people will behave badly or out of ordinary because each one of us are different individuals with different backgrounds, family/culture. The forum should be the resource where people take good things home from, think about and change themselves willingly; which is the safest way to do.

The important thing here is to understand how/why people behave the way they do. That knowledge allows us to get along with others, and with their ideas.
I may be able to ignore/accept your messages and come back, however, for somebody else that may come across as criticism, which might be damaging; they may shy away, shut down or hide.

A member revealed a health issue the other day and next day someone else used it as a weapon to attack; very dangerous !!
Passing judgment/attacking others when done in the comfort of our homes, front of a screen, is easy. We simply type the words without thinking the affects that might have on others.
This isn’t about keeping members happy, this is about being kind to other human beings without being judgmental, respecting differences and helping them in their need to change –if there’s the need- by putting our knowledge into the forum, not filling it with orders/borders. if you’re different in some way, be proud of it! Kia Kaha- stand strong

There are members that stopped posting simply because they encounter harshness and cruelty, because they have different ideas that clash with other’s.
Surely people will come, stay on, enjoy or not, will stay or will leave, but at the end of the day, they should make the decision to leave, not be forced into. If you go back and do some backward reading you will see..

There’re also highly intelligent individuals here on the forum with willingness to teach, make a difference in our lives, who see the need for change that would help us to integrate better/quicker.
Please do not take this as the reflection of my offense to your post; this has truly noting to do with that, this is something I have been noticing ever since I signed on the forum.
I think we all have the responsibility to provide a safe, learning and fun environment for everyone; on the forum, and out in life. :) :)

Regards

I hope you listened Speedhump :lol:

You are clawed today man :twisted:

Rule no 1 for SH: Only Robby can lecture on DF :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

Regards

Really :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 15, 2009
Hey Muyesser nice speech. But an alternate to your argument would be...... look this is an online forum. It's the one place I can be myself, no hypocrisy. Just let me be.
I think many on such forums people tend to show their true colors albeit behind a veil of secrecy.

And when certain people are judgmental, rude, mocking etc... it's just in their nature to be so.
Besides many just joke around on these forums, one's word shouldn't be life and death.

So muyesser when one say's just chill it's just a way of saying, don't take the things said on this forum too seriously, many don't really mean it.
By and large we're just strangers, so don't feel bad or take to heart what's said. Unless you really know some one.
It's not realistic to be so sensitive.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Regards

Really :lol:

:wink: Realllly
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
Hi muyesser.

I can see this is something that has been on your mind for a while. Your views are interesting. In such an open medium as this, the ultimate control over people's words and action are moderators of the forums. They 'should' be the ones dictating the tone of the overall message that people get from visits to DF.

However, there has absolutely to be a certain robustness to people's attitudes to this medium if they decide to contribute, and although it is a shame if some people are dissuaded from contributing because of the childish or aggressive atittudes of a few individuals that is very much their own problem. I agree it can be to the loss of others also if the people who leave (I doubt they do, they just 'lurk' instead) have things of value to contribute, but it's the nature of this medium, which is highly open to abuse. The internet is not a sandpit, it's pretty much a zoo. That's just how it is. Sometimes it's depressing, other times liberating, depending on your personal mood.

Your views are quite sensible and valid but on the whole are idealistic. Hoping that people will always behave nicely towards each other is ignoring basic human nature which has strong negative as well as positive traits, and as you say, how easy to misbehave online under anonimity.

To expect the forums to exist without 'zookeepers' both in the form of moderators and also individual users who are prepared to attempt to bring some order to the often childish attitudes here (yes, maybe by just saying 'chill' :D) is asking too much IMHO.

However I very much respect the sentiments of your post and the ideas contained in it, they are refreshing, and I apologise if I am too much of a realist! :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Hi muyesser.

I can see this is something that has been on your mind for a while. Your views are interesting. In such an open medium as this, the ultimate control over people's words and action are moderators of the forums. They 'should' be the ones dictating the tone of the overall message that people get from visits to DF.

However, there has absolutely to be a certain robustness to people's attitudes to this medium if they decide to contribute, and although it is a shame if some people are dissuaded from contributing because of the childish or aggressive atittudes of a few individuals that is very much their own problem. I agree it can be to the loss of others also if the people who leave (I doubt they do, they just 'lurk' instead) have things of value to contribute, but it's the nature of this medium, which is highly open to abuse. The internet is not a sandpit, it's pretty much a zoo. That's just how it is. Sometimes it's depressing, other times liberating, depending on your personal mood.

Your views are quite sensible and valid but on the whole are idealistic. Hoping that people will always behave nicely towards each other is ignoring basic human nature which has strong negative as well as positive traits, and as you say, how easy to misbehave online under anonimity.

To expect the forums to exist without 'zookeepers' both in the form of moderators and also individual users who are prepared to attempt to bring some order to the often childish attitudes here (yes, maybe by just saying 'chill' :D) is asking too much IMHO.

However I very much respect the sentiments of your post and the ideas contained in it, they are refreshing, and I apologise if I am too much of a realist! :)

Oy Speedhump,

No need to get all emotional here :lol: :lol: :twisted:
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

Mate you couldn't be further in the dark if your head was ACTUALLY up your a$$ :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Mate you couldn't be further in the dark if your head was ACTUALLY up your a$$ :D :D

Some nice row of teeth you got there b.t.w. :D

8)
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

Oy Speedhump,

Eh? It was a nice post and deserved a serious response! :) ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Oy Speedhump,

Exactly, a good time for me to clobber your a$$ on a funny note :lol: :wink:
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

8)

My bark is worse than my bite :P
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Oy Speedhump,

Exactly, a good time for me to clobber your a$$ on a funny note :lol: :wink:

BAH !!!! :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

8)

You don't have to tell me things I already know SH. ;)

All bark, no bite :lol:

RobbyG

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

8)

WTF???
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

8)

WTF???

The smelly toes, kinda start to get ya, don't you think?

Eehhhwww 8)
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
:puke:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote::puke:

Instead of denial, you might wanna look for a pedicure. At least for a long as they still bear your air in their practices :lol:
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

Instead of denial, you might wanna look for a pedicure. At least for a long as they still bear your air in their practices :lol:

I'm a metros*xual dude, get manicures and pedicures already. The girl says my feet are soft and sexy!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

I'm a metros*xual dude, get manicures and pedicures already. The girl says my feet are soft and sexy!

Dude, I'm soooo not interested in your toes, or the state the're in.
Honestly, open a topic about the most beautiful toes and we can compare the pedicures :lol:

:wink:
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Honestly, open a topic about the most beautiful toes and we can compare the pedicures :lol:

LOL. If I grossed you out I consider that a matter of pride!! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

LOL. If I grossed you out I consider that a matter of pride!! :D

You didn't read my second line. I challenged you to show them little hooked buggers.

C'mon then, show some courage... Mister Pride :lol:
RobbyG

May 15, 2009
Im willing to gudge (got no idea what u spell it like) :lol:
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

May 15, 2009
Leda wrote:Im willing to gudge (got no idea what u spell it like) :lol:

You're not alone :lol:
RobbyG