I'm Not B!tching...

Topic locked
Re: I'm Not B!tching... Dec 01, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah but most expats want to come here and live the Jumeriah jane and joe lifestyle here and couldn't be arsed about rasing kids. Do and get things they could never ream of back home. So they get the "nannies" to do it while they go out and paint the town red.

Correction, they hire a MAID to work as a nanny and then cry foul when it all goes wrong, as the MAID is not a qualified child carer, nor gives two hoots about their brats.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: I'm not b!tching... Dec 01, 2010
)

@Kanelli, it is great that you feel that way and most parents share your views - it appears there may be some child-free members here. However, the thread is not about parenting but about whether or not it is appropriate to bring children "everywhere" simply because the parents can. I've never done it and think that others should be considerate as well (i.e. take into consideration the setting).

Obviously everyone's child is the cutes, best behaved, smartest, and on and on.

Some time back I read an article about the disadvantages faced by child-free persons (that's where I first saw the term child-free). They are at disadvantage at work (work late ours, less sick-days, more weekend work, etc.). I will dig it out - have to remember the publication and city where I read it and language :oops:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Define child-free. Does this term apply to couples that NEVER had a child or children? Or, couples that do have a child or children but reached a certain age and the couple can be considered child-free?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Define child-free. Does this term apply to couples that NEVER had a child or children? Or, couples that do have a child or children but reached a certain age and the couple can be considered child-free?

I think it applies to the former; the latter are called: Happy!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

kanelli wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Sorry K but like I said nobody did me any favours by birthing any kids and don't expect me to be sympathetic or accomodating in that regards aswell.

Did you expect people to birth kids to please others?

I just can't understand, because my kids are so far my greatest joy in life. Parenting is the hardest job I've had yet and I just shake my head at those of you with no kids who feel fit to comment on others' parenting and the behaviour problems of others' kids. You have no idea what is normal for certain ages and instead want to blame the parents or the helpers. Furthermore, you expect young children to act like little adults, which is completely unrealistic. So, I'll just chalk all of this up to childless ignorance.

Sorry K but like I said. I couldn't careless about all that joy etc etc your kids give you and I should be in no shape or form be obligated to accomadate them. If they are going to be nasty little runts in public then they are going to come into the cross hairs. Just like you won't tolerate me if I was sitting next to you at a resturant shouting and laughing at the top of my voice. I will not tolerate a runt wailing at the next table or within earshot ruining my evening out.

What I am talking about is the sense of entitlment that parents feel that they and their mutts deserve when out in public. Look they are the apple of my and I have put so much in to rasing them so if they come over and scream like a banshee or kick you in the nuts or whatever you should just smile and give them a candy.

As discussed mostly in the thread it goes down to lazy and bad parenting. If your kid is a little angel then I have no problem at all. But if your little snipper is going to use the cinema isle as a playground then I should have the right to kick him into orbit, no questions asked.

In the end. Your kids your resposibilty. NOT MINE
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

K, children are a blessing and a joy, but it's a parents responsibility to raise them to be the best that they can, age appropriate.

as DDS said its about parenting. I have friends who have children that I absolutely adore and would not hesitate to take them anywhere. Then I know people who have children that I can't stand to be around. It all comes down to how much the parents invest in the children with regard to right and wrong behavior. Too many parents, and it really is the mother who in the end raises the child, take the attitude "oh, s/he will grow out of it." I say keep them home until they grow out of it and not subject people to their behavior.

No one is saying they should behave like little adults, but what is wrong with just behaving?? If you and your family were out having a dinner enjoying yourself and some people sat next to you where they had two children that were badly behaved, running around banging up against your chair, throwing themselves on the floor, crying, screaming, and being a total distraction, and the parents go right on eating their dinner ignoring this behavior and act like it isn't happening because they want to enjoy their dinner, would that not put a damper on your dinner having to witness and listen to such behavior?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I think double post for double impact !
desertdudeshj

Gotta love that mother-blaming! Classic.

I don't have anything to add, because there is nothing that could change your mind.

Parenting is very hard and families should just get on with it and do their best, not worry about cranky childless people.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:I think double post for double impact !

I thought I was seeing double. :drunken:

-- Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:18 pm --

kanelli wrote:Gotta love that mother-blaming! Classic.

I don't have anything to add, because there is nothing that could change your mind.

Parenting is very hard and families should just get on with it and do their best, not worry about cranky childless people.

Again, you are making assumptions.

And in your own way, you are doing exactly what is being said: you think adults should take a backseat to children. That is something parents are entitled to do if they so choose, but don't expect everyone else to.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

kanelli wrote:Parenting is very hard and families should just get on with it and do their best, not worry about cranky childless people.

Yes it hard and you were aware of it when when you decided you pop out a few rug rats, maybe we should hold a award ceremony or something ? Name a holiday after you or anyone else who did ?

And just because it is, how does that become my or anyones else's problem ? And why should I spoil my recreation time, peace and quite because some lazy @ss farks think because they have to suffer their own spawn the whole week so its totaly ok to let them loose on the public while they try to take a breather.

Parenting is a fulltime job, no one said its going to be easy. There are many options, get a baby sitter or go to rug rant friendly places where everyone come and share their nightmares. Misery loves company. Or simply become responsible and teach your children to behave ! And spare the rest of us the agony or give the general public the right to put your devil spawn in its place. Like the good ol days when a neighbour whacked a kid and came crying home and the momma told him good he deserved it, instead of suing him.

As the saying goes it takes a village to raise the kid which also mean the village have the same rights as the parents and not just tolerate the rugrats !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Yes it hard and you were aware of it when when you decided you pop out a few rug rats, maybe we should hold a award ceremony or something ? Name a holiday after you or anyone else who did ?

And just because it is, how does that become my or anyones else's problem ? And why should I spoil my recreation time, peace and quite because some lazy @ss farks think because they have to suffer their own spawn the whole week so its totaly ok to let them loose on the public while they try to take a breather.

Rude, self-important, childless ignorance. Bask in it! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Yes it hard and you were aware of it when when you decided you pop out a few rug rats, maybe we should hold a award ceremony or something ? Name a holiday after you or anyone else who did ?

Rude, self-important, childless ignorance. Bask in it! :lol:

K, don't get wound up about it. I wouldn't let him watch my dog or cat. I would love to be a fly on the wall when his wife's biological clock starts to sound like Big Ben. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Word BB! :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Rude, self-important, childless ignorance. Bask in it! :lol:

Perfect and I will and enjoy it 8)
desertdudeshj

Re: I'm not b!tching... Dec 02, 2010
It is really amusing to read all the comments from people who are so against children, I have one question, were any of you children at some time in your life?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: I'm Not B!tching... Dec 02, 2010
I was and a very well behaved one at that...so there !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I was and a very well behaved one at that...so there !

We would be pleased to see this statement signed by Mum, Dad and at least 2 neighbours :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

If I could track all of them down yes ! 8)
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:If I could track all of them down yes ! 8)

Excuses , excuses :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Will just mom and pops do ?
desertdudeshj

Re: I'm Not B!tching... Dec 04, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:Will just mom and pops do ?

Sorry, need some independant verification to back up. :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat