Do Not Take A Ford Escape Into The Desert!

Topic locked
Dec 24, 2007
ther's something crazy wrong with my net connection.. or its the ie7.. fcuk in piece of shit e..

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 24, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:ther's something crazy wrong with my net connection.. or its the ie7.. fcuk in piece of shit e..

I think you should take a computer course :-)
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 24, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:ther's something crazy wrong with my net connection.. or its the ie7.. fcuk in piece of shit e..

I think you should take a computer course :-)

me n compooters 've no connexion.. i only use them coz after hp came to dubai.. my girlfriend left me. :P
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 24, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Still contemplating.....Golf gti 2003 for 40k/ford edge new/seat leon in white???
cant make my mind up :shock:

They are quite different. The edge would be more luxurious and confortable compare to the Golf. I drove the edge once and liked it. However you are looking at a price difference of about 80k !! But you can get pretty good loan with new car. Isnt there a promotion going on with Ford - 0% interest or something??[/quote]

yeah
o% and free insurance for a year
good deal!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 24, 2007
Free insurance eh. Damn, I paid almost 4k
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Dec 25, 2007
You don't need insurance in the desert...just a vehicle that will handle it!

Being the driver of said stated Wrangler, before this thread got hi-jacked and double posted to death, and in defence of the Ford Escape, it actually performed quite well and the damage was purely cosmetic. Mind you it was funny watching the bits fly off! The desert virgin driving it also proved that it doesn't take long to learn the ropes out there and also performed very well!

Another Ford that weekend (Expedition) managed not to get stuck once and trundled happily over dune and hill with a family of 4 on board and the kitchen sink!

The best vehicle in the group was a Landrover 110 Defender...that thing is a tank and was international rescue, pulling everything out at some point.

Desert duning rocks!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:Dont u get it.. I wanna b among the popular.. so if I get the most popular banned somehow.. its gonna b easy.. then u.... i'll get ya banned soon as well.. .......

Well, multiple posting will certainly get you there.

When you get over 10,000 posts... you become Super Saiyan Level 3 Popular. That's unbeatable.

cool, dragonball z!
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 25, 2007
Dubai Knight wrote:You don't need insurance in the desert...just a vehicle that will handle it!

Being the driver of said stated Wrangler, before this thread got hi-jacked and double posted to death, and in defence of the Ford Escape, it actually performed quite well and the damage was purely cosmetic. Mind you it was funny watching the bits fly off! The desert virgin driving it also proved that it doesn't take long to learn the ropes out there and also performed very well!

Another Ford that weekend (Expedition) managed not to get stuck once and trundled happily over dune and hill with a family of 4 on board and the kitchen sink!

The best vehicle in the group was a Landrover 110 Defender...that thing is a tank and was international rescue, pulling everything out at some point.

Desert duning rocks!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

DK.. :) Do u ever say anything bad abt any of our motorized friends.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 25, 2007
By Desert Virgin I assume you mean my co-driver - who once she got the hang of it was fantastic. I did feel somewhat like a rally car navigator whilst she was driving though.

Right, Left.
Nail it.
Full tilt.
Right.
RIGHT!
Other Right!!!!

Arrgggghh.

Whilst I've never driven in the desert myself prior to the weekend, I've ripped up Fraser Island in Queensland Australia many a times myself.

The biggest hurdle was working out that you need to turn the traction control off. Most of the 4WDs I've driven before do not have that fancy gizmotronics.
^ian^

Dec 25, 2007
Dubai Knight wrote:You don't need insurance in the desert...just a vehicle that will handle it!

Desert duning rocks!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

110 is the one without a doubt.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 26, 2007
The other vital accessory we had no idea would be so useful, is a good strong winch. Going to be one of those bolted to the front of the Wrangler before too long...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 26, 2007
Dubai Knight wrote:The other vital accessory we had no idea would be so useful, is a good strong winch. Going to be one of those bolted to the front of the Wrangler before too long...

8) 8) 8)

Knight

What about a good strong wench tied to the bonnet?
^ian^

Dec 26, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:The other vital accessory we had no idea would be so useful, is a good strong winch. Going to be one of those bolted to the front of the Wrangler before too long...

8) 8) 8)

Knight

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hahahahaha
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 27, 2007
^ian^ wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Better than a good strong wench behind the wheel...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat