Not So Rich After All ?!!

Topic locked
Not so rich after all ?!! Jul 19, 2007
I've had a look recently at the Forbes list of the world richest . I thought that there would be quite a few from this region at the top but to my surprise apart from price Alwaleed who's 13th there are no arabs in the top 50 ?!!
Are you guys as surprised as i am ? the next arab is ranked 52 and the first Emirati is 82nd ...

Are they really not that rich here ??

Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Not so rich after all ?!! Jul 19, 2007
Breeze wrote:I've had a look recently at the Forbes list of the world richest . I thought that there would be quite a few from this region at the top but to my surprise apart from price Alwaleed who's 13th there are no arabs in the top 50 ?!!
Are you guys as surprised as i am ? the next arab is ranked 52 and the first Emirati is 82nd ...

Are they really not that rich here ??

This was pointed out in another thread. Monarchy money is not counted. Someone also said Arabs apparently don't disclose earnings. That said, Sheikh Mohammed was in the Top 10 in another list.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 24, 2007
Is this you way of looking down onto arabs Breeze. I think you rpefectly know that the arabs do belong in the charts. I think you just want to stay ignorant about it and by making such a statement you know you can make the arabs feel less superior. Or you just were wondering :wink: why lol
start
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat