Non-Muslims In The Holy Cities

Topic locked
Jan 23, 2006
Well actually HP does have a point! Take the monastary of St Catherine's on Mount Sinai where Mosses received the 10 commandments from God, it also houses the so called burning bush. The monastary is open to all, there's a church and a mosque standing side by side, so people of all faiths can worship - now that's forward thinking and openess, but run by the Greeks it doesn't surprise me!

Do you know when the Egyptian governement asked the Bishop how far the lands of the monastary extended so they could make it a protected site, he replied, 3 days walk in any direction!

Religious sites are important to all who have faith and should be treated as such.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 23, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:now that's forward thinking and openess, but run by the Greeks it doesn't surprise me!

Greeks are forward thinking and open???

Have you seen how their men treat their women? Makes the most fcuked up Arab look like a PC activist :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2006
Er excuse me! My boyfriend is Greek!!!! And the Greek community here in Dubai are fantastic.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 23, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Er excuse me! My boyfriend is Greek!!!! And the Greek community here in Dubai are fantastic.

My condolences...

No joking, but seriously, not all Greeks are like that, but many are very apish in their attitudes towards women.... Ask him.

Especially those from the south like, Crete, Kalamata, etc...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2006
HP wrote:
Abrar wrote:coz Non-Muslims have absolutely no business there.its a religious site not a tourist one.

heard something like Saudi men travel to UAE for fun.are there any Saudis in this Dubai forum.I want to know how much support the Sharia law has there.

If i travel in Italy and i find a sign board saying " muslims go that way", i would be crazy and find it insult.

Holy prophet never ever stopped non-muslims from these holy cities or even from mosques? We should let these people to come and see those places ,nothing is harm in visiting.

Saudi Govt is example of " cartoon govt". I dont know what Islam have they implemented in their own country?

Yeh so that they get the opportunity to explode the place, and you can watch it on your TV HP!! :evil:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 23, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Er excuse me! My boyfriend is Greek!!!! And the Greek community here in Dubai are fantastic.

I had a teacher from Greek and she was so sexy that our breaths were almost stopped when she used to come in half top :oops: .

anyhow choco ,

u have spent entire life is middle east , would u mind telling

Q1= what do u like and hate in muslims, be honest .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 23, 2006
HP wrote:
Q1= what do u like and hate in muslims, be honest .

HP, you are an idiot. Choco and everybody else, please do not respond. We have enough flames going around this forum as it is.

HP likes to stoke the flames of passion and I for one am getting sick of it.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2006
Let the choco to respond , she is guite mature and genius girl and i think she can tell us little bit about muslim culture- What she likes and what she dislike.

PS" It would be the solely point of view of Choco ,Andby , smarted or HP would not be responsible for it"
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 23, 2006
Nobody stoke the flames of passion. Ignore HP for he is turning into a troll.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2006
Don't worry Liban, I'v no intention of replying to that. Like I've said so many times, I would never judge a person without knowing them, never lump a bunch of people together, each person has their own merits and flaws. That's all.

Oh and Liban, by the way my boyfriend is from Crete - hahahaha. Yeah I know many Greeks can be very traditional thinking when it comes to their women, but many men in all societies can act that way.

Tell you what though, I never realised how much of the English language is derived from Greek! There's so much truth in the saying 'it's all greek to me'.

Oh HP, Greeks are from Greece!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 23, 2006
Oh and Liban, by the way my boyfriend is from Crete - hahahaha. Yeah I know many Greeks can be very traditional thinking when it comes to their women, but many men in all societies can act that way.

Choco,

i think u got a very new one thats why you are so excited about him :0) . Hey ,have u ever got any boy friend from caribbean ?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 23, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Don't worry Liban, I'v no intention of replying to that. Like I've said so many times, I would never judge a person without knowing them, never lump a bunch of people together, each person has their own merits and flaws. That's all.

Tell you what though, I never realised how much of the English language is derived from Greek! There's so much truth in the saying 'it's all greek to me'.

Oh HP, Greeks are from Greece!

I heard that the English language is derived from Greek. Anglo-Saxon in general I beleive. Greek is derived from Pheonician which is a semetic language which is based in Arabic. Although modern Greek is not like classical Greek so thats why there is no ressemblance between Arabic and current Greek.

Oh, Crete is beautiful. Cretans (sounds bad but I think thats what they are called) have alot of Arab in them since Crete was an Arab colony like Sicily (lower Greece too) way back when.

I lived in Greece for many years.

Oh and Choco, thankyou very much. This forum has had enough flames.

Again, thankyou and God Bless!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2006
No worries.

You know many of the Greek scolars such as Pythagoras spent many years studying in Egypt, there's a big cross over between the two civilisations.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 24, 2006
I agree.

Did you know that Ancient Egypt's Alexandria was considered by many to be THE Greek city even though it belonged to Egypt... hihi... odd no?

I think the library there that was destroyed was built by Greeks.

The Mediteranean from the Romans, to the Greeks, to the Turks, and Arabs is such a bastion of culture...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2006
That's civilisation for you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat